ADVERTISEMENT

Observations (Next Day)

Shuski

All-Big Ten
Aug 28, 2001
.Winning sure is better than losing no matter how it happens. We were talking about the four game stretch starting with Rutgers and ending with Northwestern a barometer on whether IU football was making progress. Most realists thought 2-2 was likely, hopeful for 3-1 and wishful for a 4-0 stretch. Now we are 3-0 through the first three and now will be disappointed if we do not make it 4-0.

The long time fan is always wary of the letdown but now we are starting to expect better knowing that our team still has a lot developing to do but at a better place at this point in a season. This team has overcome a lot of mistakes and even dumb plays to stand 6-2.

We are growing into DeBoer's offense and it has a chance to be something that is a continuous threat to the teams we play. I still feel that he has a few things up his sleeve as the players become more comfortable in it.

Our defense is struggling a little but unlike many other teams in the past they have enough talent and depth to make plays that make a difference in wins and losses. We definitely need to adjust quicker to what teams throw at us including tempo and trick plays to play a more solid consistent game.

Peyton Ramsey is a great teammate and appreciate that he shows and does the best job that he possibly can with the tools he has. He gives us a chance with solid consistent play. I believe he will follow in his dad's footsteps and become a really good coach in the future.

Love watching Stevie Scott running over somebody especially at the goal line.

Depth is definitely showing its presence this year unlike any year in my 50 plus years of IU football fandom.

We still have weakness to shore up but this team and coaches believe in each other and walk on the field expecting to win.

We need the defense to keep Northwestern's offense struggling and put up points on a very good Northwestern defense.

Let's show and support our Hoosiers beat Northwestern and move to 7-2 then get a break to rejuvenate body and spirit a little.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News