ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern Spanking Maryland

82IU

Freshman
Apr 30, 2016
Maryland is not holding up too well. Thought they were a better team this year than how they have been playing. NW QB, Lausch is playing lights out. I thought AJ Henning's name sounded familiar... he is a Meat Chicken transfer and Bryce Kirtz is from Brownsburg HS.
Cam Porter is a talented back who has been hurt. Glad we got them when we did because it looks like they could be trouble for a lot of teams going forward.
Go Hoosiers!

Maryland is not holding up too well. Thought they were a better team this year than how they have been playing. NW QB, Lausch is playing lights out. I thought AJ Henning's name sounded familiar... he is a Meat Chicken transfer and Bryce Kirtz is from Brownsburg HS.
Cam Porter is a talented back who has been hurt. Glad we got them when we did because it looks like they could be trouble for a lot of teams going forward.
Go Hoosiers!
I thought Luasch was very good against us but we were able to bring enough pressure to get stops.

Everyone saw Lausch's horrendous stat line for Washington, and assumed he couldn't throw. I watched some of that game. His receivers were wide open, but they were dropping the ball left and right. It almost seemed like they were surprised to find the ball coming to them. They seem to have adjusted now.
I'm in this camp. I think they could be sneaky dangerous next year.

Reactions: 76-1 and midwolfe
I thought NW gained confidence in the Offense against us. I believe their top RB returned against us too, which appeared to help. I thought both IU wins were validated last night during the game, but I think NW winning helps us more. In fact, I'd like to see NW win a bunch, especially at home to prop our V up a bit.
And UCLA win some anywhere.

Northwestern held Maryland to under 2 yards per rush. Just 59 yards on 33 carries. So that vaunted run defense we heard about going in to our NW game, returned. But we had over 4 per carry on them.

Both defenses if only trolling last nights stats look better against each other than ours did against each of them. But head to head, we won and our defense did well. Especially when ours stuffed Maryland after those early turnovers.

Last edited:
NW had just come off the bye, which was perfect timing for them to play us. I'm glad we're getting ours this week after we looked a bit sluggish against a fresh NW. I turned the NW - MD game on late last night (forgot it was a Friday game) and was pleasantly surprised to see NW handing it to MD. NW could very well end up being a 6-7 win team despite how they looked early on. Makes our road win look better.

Go Hoosiers!
speaking of getting spanked

who is embarrassing pu today?

That would be Illinois. They are favored by 22.5

Hate to say it but p u may actually have a chance... Their new OC had the smarts to drop Sales from the 2 deep at Left Tackle... Doubt that will be enough to make a difference but it shows that Simmons is a heck of a lot smarter than his predecessor...

• Love
Reactions: TominDallas
And read this morning that puKES are changing QB's. After their first game they had Card as Heisman material, guess not.
Card is out due to concussion protocol.
Washington getting beat and Rutgers getting beat helps IU depending on what we do the rest of the way, although Iowa looks like they will end up 10-2 or 9-3.
Very manageable schedule for them here on out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT