ADVERTISEMENT

No 8 and 9 in polls, -12 1/2 over PUkes

Take the Hoosiers.

I'd love to see our perfect game and make it INDIANA 90 - p u zip (I figure that's about all that time in regulation will allow)..., but given that it's the Bucket Game and the only thing those pathetic dregs of the Big Ten have to play for, I expect their best shot...

Those clowns have historically lived to screw up someone else's season... We can't let them screw up ours...

......with Penix at QB. This offense is not yet ready to score at will on any D1 team. Tuttle is still finding his way and they will not take chances. Defense wins. I wouldn't be surprised if Purdue keeps it within the spread.

Wow! I don't care if there is an asterisk next to all the records for this season. This is the most impressive Hoosier season since the 1967 Rose Bowl season. Incidentally that Rose Bowl game against USC is on YouTube in its entirety. I watched some of it last night.

That 30 second clip from ABC where all the players are jumping on CTA while he's being interviewed - that's the best recruiting tool the Hoosiers have ever had.

Wow! I don't care if there is an asterisk next to all the records for this season. This is the most impressive Hoosier season since the 1967 Rose Bowl season. Incidentally that Rose Bowl game against USC is on YouTube in its entirety. I watched some of it last night.

That 30 second clip from ABC where all the players are jumping on CTA while he's being interviewed - that's the best recruiting tool the Hoosiers have ever had.

The only people using asterisks are people associated with losing teams.

That clip should be a great recruiting too and I hope IUFB can benefit from it.

Last edited:
I don't think Purdue's defense is anything near that of Wisconsin's.
I have not thought much about this but I think PU's defense is not good but with Bell and Moore to throw to I think the PU offense is better than UW's.

I just have a feeling that Mr. Tuttle will want to unload on PU after having a tough coming out party last week against a good UW team.

I just want a win...if I can relax and laugh and be on this site posting messages then all the better.

I have not thought much about this but I think PU's defense is not good but with Bell and Moore to throw to I think the PU offense is better than UW's.

I just have a feeling that Mr. Tuttle will want to unload on PU after having a tough coming out party last week against a good UW team.

I just want a win...if I can relax and laugh and be on this site posting messages then all the better.
PU is definitely a more explosive offense. But their oline isn't nearly as good as Wisconsin.

Defensively I don't understand their switch to 3-4. I thought their deepest and most talented defensive unit was the dline, and weakest by a wide margin was their lb group. Taking an extra dline guy off the field and putting an extra lb doesn't make sense to me.

My assessment might be wrong, but I would be interested to see what some others think about that as well.

Good call. As much as I'd like to run those donkey's out of town, no need to get cute and risk turnovers with a still inexperienced QB getting his feet under him. Purdue is going to need to score on 80-90% of their drives to have a chance. Control the line of scrimmage, positive yards on 1st and 2nd down to get us in 3rd and manageable and the playbook should open up.

Reactions: 76-1
I would like to see IU have multiple backs for 100+ yards on Saturday. Pound the ball and wear opposing D down. We ran the ball well on them last year without Stevie.

I hope the Hoosiers win by a million, but this is a dangerous game. I think Purdue's talent is better than their record and that Brohm has just lost the team this year. The Bucket will focus them for a week, and our Hoosiers need to come focused and play locked in all four quarters. Purdue has nothing to lose, and they will throw the kitchen sink at this game.

I hope the Hoosiers win by a million, but this is a dangerous game. I think Purdue's talent is better than their record and that Brohm has just lost the team this year. The Bucket will focus them for a week, and our Hoosiers need to come focused and play locked in all four quarters. Purdue has nothing to lose, and they will throw the kitchen sink at this game.
I completely agree. This game scares me. For Purdue, it's the national championship game and despite their struggles they have a potent offense capable of big plays. We were a much better team last year but struggled to contain Horvath and Bell. If we turn it over, or get lazy and unsound, it could bite us.

I think our offense is easily better than their defense, but I don't want to see a shootout or turnover fest that gives them the ball seven times each half. We have to be able to run the ball and stop the run to make them one-dimensional.

Reactions: 76-1 and jsglenn4
IU has beaten the spread in every game this year, by an average of about 13 points
But that is not in the bucket game. In years where we have been a much better team (not a lot of years, obviously), it is still usually a very close game. Just look at last year. We were the better team but had to win in double OT. 1993, we ended up 4th in the conference and Purdue last and we only won by 7. 1989, we are ahead of them in the standings and needed to beat them to go to a bowl game in A.T.'s final regular season game. They beat us.

It will be a close game, I can almost guarantee it.

Reactions: 76-1 and hoosier48
But that is not in the bucket game. In years where we have been a much better team (not a lot of years, obviously), it is still usually a very close game. Just look at last year. We were the better team but had to win in double OT. 1993, we ended up 4th in the conference and Purdue last and we only won by 7. 1989, we are ahead of them in the standings and needed to beat them to go to a bowl game in A.T.'s final regular season game. They beat us.

It will be a close game, I can almost guarantee it.

Very Likely closer than it should be. IU goes in short handed again this year but the defense may make the difference as it did vs Wisky.

You people are what gamblers call scared money. Indiana's defense is for real. The Wisconsin game should've highlighted just how good we are.

This is a LOUSY Purdue team, absolutely lousy. With Wommack's exotic blitzes and schemes, Indiana should stifle Purdue.

Reactions: Kelly_32
You people are what gamblers call scared money. Indiana's defense is for real. The Wisconsin game should've highlighted just how good we are.

This is a LOUSY Purdue team, absolutely lousy. With Wommack's exotic blitzes and schemes, Indiana should stifle Purdue.
[/QUOTE]
What worries me is that this Brohm's get out of jail free card. If he beats IU his year looks a lot less bad.

This is his players bowl game.

They could rally around all that pretty easy.

Not as long lasting or as positive as LEO but it could bring them together for their last game this year...just sayin'.

This will be a tight close game. Remember last years OT?

I do and I don’t think it speaks to this years game. Purdue had a bunch of starters out (as did IU) but at least played hard most the year. IU asserted their will early and let off the gas. Justus missing three kicks (first time all year) allowed Purdue to stay at bay.

This years Purdue team is checked out mentally. They have guys opting out left and right and this season can’t get over fast enough. Their defense is terrible by design and as a team are very undisciplined. I don’t think it’ll be the 30-40 point blow out that many are hoping for, but IU should win by 2-3 TD’s so long as they don’t self-implode.

Reactions: 76-1 and IUgradman
I do and I don’t think it speaks to this years game. Purdue had a bunch of starters out (as did IU) but at least played hard most the year. IU asserted their will early and let off the gas. Justus missing three kicks (first time all year) allowed Purdue to stay at bay.

This years Purdue team is checked out mentally. They have guys opting out left and right and this season can’t get over fast enough. Their defense is terrible by design and as a team are very undisciplined. I don’t think it’ll be the 30-40 point blow out that many are hoping for, but IU should win by 2-3 TD’s so long as they don’t self-implode.
Plus if Elliott and Bryant are back this week we have a very healthy team.

Reactions: IUgradman
With this Indiana defense and its most recent performance against a program/team five times more talented than Purdue, I expect a superb performance from our defensive troops.

If the victory at Wisconsin was our finest game plan in years, I expect that trend to continue. We turned Wisconsin over twice, I expect that to happen in the Bucket. Indiana could turn Purdue over three times, that wouldn't surprise me.

I don't care if it's a rivalry game or not, Indiana has the better team. We are a top 10 team for crying out loud!!! You don't lose to these clowns, you woodshed their asses!

Reactions: Al Bino and mk23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT