ADVERTISEMENT

NFL players

Any updates on how former Hoosier players are doing with their new NFL teams especially Whop abd Jerome.
Been reading that Whop will likely be cut as part of the final 53 roster. I had read where he was expected to be cut last week and he made it. Maybe he goes to the practice squad? Targeted twice Saturday night by my count and one catch at the end of the game with time running out and Colts in prevent.

Been reading that Whop will likely be cut as part of the final 53 roster. I had read where he was expected to be cut last week and he made it. Maybe he goes to the practice squad? Targeted twice Saturday night by my count and one catch at the end of the game with time running out and Colts in prevent.

He hasn't been doing well at times in practice. This WR/KR who likely doesn't get cut, like Whop?

Who is missed more in season opener?

I am going with Whop here, as well.

Let's here it for the 2nd team.

Next Man In

September 4 is approaching. Welcome Hoosiers to Kinnick Stadium. A great new tradition.

Here's to the real season ahead!

He hasn't been doing well at times in practice. This WR/KR who likely doesn't get cut, like Whop?

Who is missed more in season opener?

I am going with Whop here, as well.

Let's here it for the 2nd team.

Next Man In

September 4 is approaching. Welcome Hoosiers to Kinnick Stadium. A great new tradition.

Here's to the real season ahead!
Looking forward to the Hoosiers administering a Hawkeye ass whooping even more, now that you've ran your suck about this.

Last edited:
Iowa is historically a good/solid football program. They weathered some trouble this past year and I suspect are again well-coached and ready to go.
We will have to play well to win. I believe their QB was erratic last year, but, was a true freshman.
A win for us would be huge.

Iowa is historically a good/solid football program. They weathered some trouble this past year and I suspect are again well-coached and ready to go.
We will have to play well to win. I believe their QB was erratic last year, but, was a true freshman.
A win for us would be huge.

Spencer Petras was Nate Stanley's backup and really didn't get his opportunity until 2020. Stanley was 3-0 in bowl games, after replacing CJ Bethard as a true sophomore.

Iowa didn't practice at all in Spring 2020, unlike Purdue and Northwestern. They were Iowa's two first opponents.

With Spencer Petras, we learned this off season had two covid-19 tracing interruptions ahead of the 2020 season.

He is a talented junior QB out of California. He broke all of Jared Goff's high school records as a prep. 4 star recruit.

I expect the game in 2021 to be a classic dog fight between Iowa and Indiana.

They typically are good games. I expect some scoring, which has been the case, since 1979 opener that IU won 30-27.

Kirk Ferentz's first experience was 42-28 Win for Iowa, back 40 years ago.

Iowa opened with Top 10 Nebraska that year.

Won a very low scoring affair.

I don’t believe Iowa is a team that can play from behind. Hopefully the offense can start fast for the Hoosiers and make it a laugher.

Iowa beat Indiana in 2009 at Kinnick from behind. Iowa was behind last year after an awful half by QB Spencer Petras at Illinois.

Illinois up 14-0.
Iowa scores 35 straight points.
Late TD, Iowa wins 35-21.

It will be a 60 minute game at Kinnick Stadium on September 4th.

Iowa beat Indiana in 2009 at Kinnick from behind. Iowa was behind last year after an awful half by QB Spencer Petras at Illinois.

Illinois up 14-0.
Iowa scores 35 straight points.
Late TD, Iowa wins 35-21.

It will be a 60 minute game at Kinnick Stadium on September 4th.
One game against Illinois? You are embarrassing yourself. Iowa is a good team and I’m expecting a hard fought game. If we can jump out early it will bode well for our chances. Iowa doesn’t score a lot of points against good teams and IU does.

IOne game against Illinois? You are embarrassing yourself. Iowa is a good team and I’m expecting a hard fought game. If we can jump out early it will bode well for our chances. Iowa doesn’t score a lot of points against good teams and IU does.

Iowa scored more points in all 3 games Indiana played against common opponents. Iowa scored more against Michigan State, Penn State and Wisconsin than Indiana.

Was USC a good team in 2019?

49 points scored.

Indiana prep WR 3 Tyrone Tracy got the scoring started that game.

Iowa and Indiana are 2-3 in points scored in Big Ten in 2020.

Iowa did score 55 points last time they played Ohio State. That is an outlier.

Iowa has held opponents to 24 points in the last 22 games played.

Iowa did hold USC and Ohio State to 24 points when they played them last. Scored 49 and 55 points in those games, respectively.

I think it will be a game where points are scored. Is it 24-20, like the 1984 game in Bloomington, that would be a tight game.

We shall see. A 42-35 shootout like in Columbus last year would be unique for this series.

We shall see on September 4th.

I do expect Iowa will seek to run the ball in 2021 behind All-American C 65 Tyler Linderbaum and all-Big Ten RB Tyler Goodson.

Iowa scored more points in all 3 games Indiana played against common opponents. Iowa scored more against Michigan State, Penn State and Wisconsin than Indiana.

Was USC a good team in 2019?

49 points scored.

Indiana prep WR 3 Tyrone Tracy got the scoring started that game.

Iowa and Indiana are 2-3 in points scored in Big Ten in 2020.

Iowa did score 55 points last time they played Ohio State. That is an outlier.

Iowa has held opponents to 24 points in the last 22 games played.

Iowa did hold USC and Ohio State to 24 points when they played them last. Scored 49 and 55 points in those games, respectively.

I think it will be a game where points are scored. Is it 24-20, like the 1984 game in Bloomington, that would be a tight game.

We shall see. A 42-35 shootout like in Columbus last year would be unique for this series.

We shall see on September 4th.

I do expect Iowa will seek to run the ball in 2021 behind All-American C 65 Tyler Linderbaum and all-Big Ten RB Tyler Goodson.

A few things. IU did not play well for most of the PSU game for sure. What was PSU’s record when you played them? They were pretty much done after the IU and OSU losses. The MSU game was a shutout and never close. The UW game was the first start for the back up QB and played pretty close to the vest. If Iowa gets behind and has to throw the ball and play catch-up, advantage IU. If Iowa can run the ball down our throats, advantage Iowa. We will find out in a little over a week.

A few things. IU did not play well for most of the PSU game for sure. What was PSU’s record when you played them? They were pretty much done after the IU and OSU losses. The MSU game was a shutout and never close. The UW game was the first start for the back up QB and played pretty close to the vest. If Iowa gets behind and has to throw the ball and play catch-up, advantage IU. If Iowa can run the ball down our throats, advantage Iowa. We will find out in a little over a week.

Ironically, some believe how Penn State finished 2020 mattered some.

I simply enjoy seeing Iowa, IU beat James Franklin.

We will have to see how College Football plays out in 2021.

Indiana was coming off a 8-5 season in 2019. Iowa was coming off a 10-3 season.

Last year was a bumpy ride due to the cancelation, then 8 game schedule, which neither team got to finish completely in the regular sense.

Both Iowa and IU are trending well, under their respective staffs.

I don’t believe Iowa is a team that can play from behind. Hopefully the offense can start fast for the Hoosiers and make it a laugher.
Hopefully the Hoosiers can score at least one more point than the Hawkeyes.

Last edited:
Hopefully the Hoosiers can score at least one more point than the Hawkeyes.
I would be happy with that. Some people here have a reading comprehension problem as they take what someone says they hope will happen as making a prediction. I expect a tough game but would be happy if we blow them out. Better?

Reactions: ESalum86
Stevie Scott was released by the Broncos.
Jerome Johnson made the Broncos 53 man roster.
Tough day for Hoosiers with Whop, Sudfeld, and Scott all getting cut.

Reactions: cidsports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT