ADVERTISEMENT

News to feed your soul - meet Jerry - he'll brighten your day

Noodle

Hall of Famer
Jun 19, 2001
"You never get too old to learn how to be a better person"

The person interviewing Jerry is Chris Ulmer, one of the most extraordinary people I have ever met. Our local Down syndrome association brought him to Cincinnati a few years ago as the keynote speaker for a program for local teachers. By the end of the day I could have sworn I saw halos over him and his wife's heads. From his YouTube page:

Interviews that are intended to create a more inclusive world. SBSK started when I was a teacher for students with disabilities.​
Originally intended to be a book written by my students, SBSK soon grew to be video interviews of disabled people of all ages and diagnoses. Since our beginning in 2015, I have interviewed hundreds of people across the world while providing over $1,300,000 to those featured on this channel through a combination of grants and fundraising.​
Starting in 2016, SBSK is now a 501(c)3 organization that seeks to normalize the diversity of the human condition under the pillars of honesty, respect, mindfulness, positivity and collaboration. This multi-media movement supports the acceptance and inclusion of all members of the neurodiverse/disability community regardless of diagnosis, age, race, religion, income, sexual orientation, gender or gender expression.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT