ADVERTISEMENT

New Song from The Beatles: Now and Then

Amazing how the technology developed by Peter Jackson's Get Back documentary allowed this song to finally be finished.

The story how the song was finally finished
Not crazy about the song itself but the backstory regarding how this came about is pretty amazing, and the video blows me away. The blending of the old and new is seamless and spectacular.

60 years after they exploded onto the music and pop culture scene, The Beatles have a new record. Very cool.

The video was posted on YouTube only five hours ago and it's already got over 2 million views.

As someone that took Glen Gass’s Beatles class & loves the Beatles as much as anyone, that song is dreadful. Get Back would have been the appropriate swan song. But Paul…

Reactions: UncleMark
I agree with all three of your that it's not a great song (although I wouldn't call it dreadful). But think about it - you can only make something with the ingredients you've been given. They wanted to use John's voice - not a altered version of the melody/words by John, but what he actually sang.

I'm not Beatle fanatic, but I'm grateful to at least hear something new that use contributions from one four guys. That's what I find magical about the project. It would have been much worse if they put something out with John singing that lyric with the original piano interwined.

Rich Beato - who is amazing - had a good take on the song.

Given what they were given, I'm satisfied. It's a gift from the Beatles.

The video was posted on YouTube only five hours ago and it's already got over 2 million views.

Meh, that's more of a testament to the popularity of the Beatles and the novelty of putting this song out there than it is and indicator of whether it's any good. And YouTube views may not be the best indicator.

I mean they ARE at 22 million views already, but let's be honest, they are no Rick Astley...
th_coffee.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
Meh, that's more of a testament to the popularity of the Beatles and the novelty of putting this song out there than it is and indicator of whether it's any good. And YouTube views may not be the best indicator.

I mean they ARE at 22 million views already, but let's be honest, they are no Rick Astley...
th_coffee.gif

Does Rick's total include accidental and prank views?

It is amazing how prolific and accomplished the Beatles were. The genius of McCartney, Lennon and Harrison is staggering. They produced a huge volume of music in just 7 years.

This song isn't great, but I didn't like every Beatles song, either. Just nice to have something new from these guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: outside shooter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT