ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix shows.......

NPT

Aug 28, 2001
Anyone watch any of these? Which ones do you like?

For August 1-August 7, 2002:

1. The Sandman: Season 1 — 69.4 million hours viewed
  2. Keep Breathing — 54.7 million hours viewed
  3. Virgin River: Season 4 — 46.9 million hours viewed
  4. Stranger Things 4 — 44.7 million hours viewed
  5. Manifest: Season 1 — 36.6 million hours viewed
  6. Uncoupled: Season 1 — 26.5 million hours viewed
  7. Manifest: Season 2 — 21.3 million hours viewed
  8. Trainwreck: Woodstock ’99 — 20.2 million hours viewed
  9. Manifest: Season 3 — 19.8 million hours viewed
  10. Stranger Things 3 — 17 million hours viewed

Good morning NPT I hope this post finds you well! With that said, I have watched
All were great shows.

Manifest is decent and Stranger Things is pretty good. The newest season of Stranger Things was one of the best they have done IMO. I watched the Woodstock 99 documentary as well and it was pretty good. I was 20 when that went down and that whole scene was something I was into at the time so that was interesting. It also is an interesting sociology experiment that played out there.

My wife likes Virgin River. That is like a Hallmark Movie in series form. Not my cup of tea but your mileage may vary.

Try Bill Burr-Live at Red Rocks, hilarious.

Stranger Things, all seasons, was good. Haven't seen any of the others.

I flirted with the Sandman, but couldn't handle another Sci-Fi after just finishing Stranger Things and WestWorld.

Random Suggestion: Taboo (on hulu)

Reactions: All4You
Just finished Sandman yesterday. Kinda trippy, but overall pretty decent. Haven't read many of the comics, but what from what I remember, they pretty accurately portrayed most of the main characters.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Manifest is decent and Stranger Things is pretty good. The newest season of Stranger Things was one of the best they have done IMO. I watched the Woodstock 99 documentary as well and it was pretty good. I was 20 when that went down and that whole scene was something I was into at the time so that was interesting. It also is an interesting sociology experiment that played out there.

My wife likes Virgin River. That is like a Hallmark Movie in series form. Not my cup of tea but your mileage may vary.
I'm in the middle of Woodstock 99. I understand planning for hundreds of thousands of people is probably tough. But, damn. They took everybody's food and liquids away at the gates and gouged on food/drinks, there was nowhere to use the bathroom, the water supply got tainted by the port-o-potties, trash and human waste were everywhere, there was no police/security worth a damn, and everybody was standing on concrete in late July with no shade: sounds like a circle of hell and the opposite of Woodstock 69.

The latest Stranger Things season is good, like always.

Last edited:
Reactions: twenty02 and T.M.P.
I'm in the middle of Woodstock 99. I understand planning for hundreds of thousands of people is probably tough. But, damn. They took everybody's food and liquids away at the gates and gouged on food/drinks, there was nowhere to use the bathroom, the water supply got tainted by the port-o-potties, trash and human waste was everywhere, there was no police/security worth a damn, and everybody was standing on concrete in late July with no shade: sounds like a circle of hell.

But everyone was on ecstasy, so at least they were happy the whole time.

I'm in the middle of Woodstock 99. I understand planning for hundreds of thousands of people is probably tough. But, damn. They took everybody's food and liquids away at the gates and gouged on food/drinks, there was nowhere to use the bathroom, the water supply got tainted by the port-o-potties, trash and human waste were everywhere, there was no police/security worth a damn, and everybody was standing on concrete in late July with no shade: sounds like a circle of hell and the opposite of Woodstock 69.

The latest Stranger Things season is good, like always.
Yeah and they were charging prices in 1999 that would raise eyebrows now. The $4 water is probably about in line with what we would get hit with now (they said adjusted it would be like $7) but there was a guy who said they were charging $12 for basically Red Baron size microwave type pizzas (the single serve size) and that is just crazy expensive.

No shade, no water, unclean facilities; I can't remember when it happens in the documentary but at some point someone says something to the effect that you can only treat people like animals for so long before they respond and boy did they ever respond.

Yeah and they were charging prices in 1999 that would raise eyebrows now. The $4 water is probably about in line with what we would get hit with now (they said adjusted it would be like $7) but there was a guy who said they were charging $12 for basically Red Baron size microwave type pizzas (the single serve size) and that is just crazy expensive.

No shade, no water, unclean facilities; I can't remember when it happens in the documentary but at some point someone says something to the effect that you can only treat people like animals for so long before they respond and boy did they ever respond.
The angry white boy music (Korn, Limp Bizkit) didn't help: not exactly calm hippie music. When I saw them taking everybody's food and liquids away right off the bat, I was immediately like, "oh no, this isn't going to end well." The tickets weren't exactly cheap, and the price of the tickets should at least include free and clean water, ability to bring your own food/liquids, clean bathrooms, and trash removal.

The angry white boy music (Korn, Limp Bizkit) didn't help: not exactly calm hippie music. When I saw them taking everybody's food and liquids away right off the bat, I was immediately like, "oh no, this isn't going to end well." The tickets weren't exactly cheap, and the price of the tickets should at least include free and clean water, ability to bring your own food/liquids, clean bathrooms, and trash removal.
Did you go?

I was 20 at the time and it sounded fun but I had to put in work in the summers to make money for school. I was doing 2 jobs that summer and going was not in the cards for me.

Did you go?

I was 20 at the time and it sounded fun but I had to put in work in the summers to make money for school. I was doing 2 jobs that summer and going was not in the cards for me.
No, lol: I was like 13. I would have been interested if I was a little older, but I'm not sad I missed it, lol. My Dad was 15-16 when Woodstock 69 happened and he was a hippie. He actually thought about going with his hippie friends and suffering the parental unit consequences later, but ended up not going.

Reactions: IUCrazy2
No, lol: I was like 13. I would have been interested if I was a little older, but I'm not sad I missed it, lol. My Dad was 15-16 when Woodstock 69 happened and he was a hippie. He actually thought about going with his hippie friends and suffering the parental unit consequences later, but ended up not going.
I think your Dad would have felt like he ended up in the Upside Down had he gone.

Did you go?

I was 18 at the time. I didn't go but have several friends that did. To this day, when they talk about that weekend its like they have PTSD. They laugh, smile and shudder while talking about it.

Also I accidently just reported you. Meant to hit reply. Haha. End of the day. I've got donkey brains.

Did you go?

I was watching this and my girl walked in and asked what i was watching and so I told her... she told me she had tickets to go to this but her mom basically bribed her not to go because she didn't think it was safe to go. She had just graduated and turned 18 and was going to go with one of her friends.

Her mom bought her Elton John tickets in Chicago as replacement she said.

I would have rather wanted to see the shit show at Woodstock then E.J., personally.

I was watching this and my girl walked in and asked what i was watching and so I told her... she told me she had tickets to go to this but her mom basically bribed her not to go because she didn't think it was safe to go. She had just graduated and turned 18 and was going to go with one of her friends.

Her mom bought her Elton John tickets in Chicago as replacement she said.

I would have rather wanted to see the shit show at Woodstock then E.J., personally.
I mean I you could get past the dehydration, sexual assaults, feces infested drinking water and toilet areas, price gouging, and the rioting...the lineup for that festival was almost a whose who of acts at that time.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Netflix has a movie called Apollo 10.5. if one is around 60, it is a tribute to your childhood. Though the part of the story about Apollo 10.5 is silly at best.

I mean I you could get past the dehydration, sexual assaults, feces infested drinking water and toilet areas, price gouging, and the rioting...the lineup for that festival was almost a whose who of acts at that time.

I mean, there was that, but I said see the shit show, not partipate in the shit show.

It takes pretty ****ed up people to sexually assault someone or participate in a riot. I wouldn't have been happy about the price gouging, but if you go to any festival now, food is absolutely outrageous and if you want anything other then water, it's crazy expensive as well. Hell, water is usually at least $5 for a bottle.

Just finished Sandman yesterday. Kinda trippy, but overall pretty decent. Haven't read many of the comics, but what from what I remember, they pretty accurately portrayed most of the main characters.
Sandman was Neil Gaiman's first comic I believe and it was heralded as something new at the time. I read it about ten years ago and wasn't impressed--there are interesting elements of horror in there and it has an Alan Moore vibe, but I don't think the actual plots are very interesting or thrilling. It's also tough to care about characters that represent anthropomorphic version of abstract concepts.

I just finished up the first season, but ended up fast forwarding through a lot of episodes. They faithfully recreate the comic. The best episode by far was the diner episode (the 5th) which is just brutal. The 6th is also pretty good. I think its no coincidence that those two episodes are kind of stand alones, sitting in between the first story told and the second.

Sandman was Neil Gaiman's first comic I believe and it was heralded as something new at the time. I read it about ten years ago and wasn't impressed--there are interesting elements of horror in there and it has an Alan Moore vibe, but I don't think the actual plots are very interesting or thrilling. It's also tough to care about characters that represent anthropomorphic version of abstract concepts.

I just finished up the first season, but ended up fast forwarding through a lot of episodes. They faithfully recreate the comic. The best episode by far was the diner episode (the 5th) which is just brutal. The 6th is also pretty good. I think its no coincidence that those two episodes are kind of stand alones, sitting in between the first story told and the second.
I absolutely agree that the 5th and 6th episodes were the best (I am actually more partial to 6 than 5, but yeah, the 5th was better from a horror standpoint).
It was a fairly short season though. May have been more of a trial run to see if there is enough interest to develop a deeper, longer season 2 now that some of the characters are established.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
I think it might work better if they used Gaimans material for inspiration, but made it more like the Twilight Zone, using the abstract characters, etc in each episode to explore a different scenario or idea, but without the need for a through line plot.

I think you really have to weight the pros and cons. If you survive, it would have been quite the experience. If you don't survive, not so much. Some things are better watched from the comfort of home.

Reactions: IUCrazy2
I think you really have to weight the pros and cons. If you survive, it would have been quite the experience. If you don't survive, not so much. Some things are better watched from the comfort of home.
If Don't F*ck With Cats was one of those things that snuck past you when it first came out on Netflix, I highly recommend the investment. It's one of those documentary series that is both hella fun and also sticks with you.

If Don't F*ck With Cats was one of those things that snuck past you when it first came out on Netflix, I highly recommend the investment. It's one of those documentary series that is both hella fun and also sticks with you.
Don't F with Cats was really good and really hard to watch, as was American Murder about Chris Watts. They call the Don't F with Cats guy the Canadian Psycho: what a freak. It was so satisfying to see that guy get busted.

Reactions: hoosboot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT