ADVERTISEMENT

Need to find a dual threat QB

Pazhoosier85

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2012
I am assuming the worst that Dexter will be our next year. Regardless the offense looked so much better with a running QB in there. The OL even seemed to block better.

Go out to the portal and find the best dual threat QB you can find. That is what Bells offense is suited for anyway. I am not sure why they picked Baz as he cannot run at all.

His passsing isn't much better, When he entered the game it all slowed to a crawl. Not only are his passing not accurate a turtle could run faster than he can. We became one dimensional on e DW went down. IMO I think we could have won the game if DW had not gone down.

Indiana's 6'5 dual threat quarterback is playing wide receiver for Indiana this year. He got the crap scared out of him last year playing for an incompetent offensive coordinator / quarterback coach and a matching offensive line coach.

With the porous offensive line, Coach Allen needs to recruit at least three dual threat quarterbacks in order to make it through the season.

Last edited:
Indiana's 6'5 dual threat quarterback is playing wide receiver for Indiana this year. He got the crap scared out of him last year playing for an incompetent offensive coordinator / quarterback coach and a matching offensive line coach.

With the porous offensive line, Coach Allen needs to recruit at least three dual threat quarterbacks in order to make it through the season.
You just saw a coach that could make the OL much better, I hope Carey stays to be OL/Run coordinator as he did a great job in a short time making the running game much better.

That is not what caused McCulley move to WR but the pulling in of Bazelak with three years of experience. McCulley always wanted to be a WR so he pushed the move and coach Allen called his dad to be sure. Bell didn't know how bad Bazelak was and kept playing him instead of the #1 QB in the Fall which caused dissension in the locker room. That dissension besides Bell not rotating in QBs is why I want him gone. He only cares about the QBs he pulled in and was afraid to let better QBs come in for people to see. I hope coach Allen fires him because of this dissension he caused or I will want coach Allen to be fired too. I am ready close to that and not replacing Bell is going to make me want to fire him.

If Bell comes back he better have the offense running slower and having more plays like he did early in the PU game. Notice he didn't let Williams pass in the MSU game until in the OT and Williams was on the target for both passes. Not throwing those passes in the game is BS. Of course, Bell had Williams throwing on air while Sorsby was running #2. Bell only cared about the QBs he pulled in. I bet coach Allen had to tell Bell to let Williams in the PSU game. Sorsby looked scared to death against PSU which wasn't unexpected for a kid that didn't get here until Summer. Williams looked like he belonged on that field.

Last edited:
You just saw a coach that could make the OL much better, I hope Carey stays to be OL/Run coordinator as he did a great job in a short time making the running game much better.

That is not what caused McCulley move to WR but the pulling in of Bazelak with three years of experience. McCulley always wanted to be a WR so he pushed the move and coach Allen called his dad to be sure. Bell didn't know how bad Bazelak was and kept playing him instead of the #1 QB in the Fall which caused dissension in the locker room. That dissension besides Bell not rotating in QBs is why I want him gone. He only cares about the QBs he pulled in and was afraid to let better QBs come in for people to see. I hope coach Allen fires him because of this dissension he caused or I will want coach Allen to be fired too. I am ready close to that and not replacing Bell is going to make me want to fire him.

If Bell comes back he better have the offense running slower and having more plays like he did early in the PU game. Notice he didn't let Williams pass in the MSU game until in the OT and Williams was on the target for both passes. Not throwing those passes in the game is BS. Of course, Bell had Williams throwing on air while Sorsby was running #2. Bell only cared about the QBs he pulled in. I bet coach Allen had to tell Bell to let Williams in the PSU game. Sorsby looked scared to death against PSU which wasn't unexpected for a kid that didn't get here until Summer. Williams looked like he belonged on that field.
How do you run the offense slower and have more plays, as you’re saying here?

I am assuming the worst that Dexter will be our next year. Regardless the offense looked so much better with a running QB in there. The OL even seemed to block better.

Go out to the portal and find the best dual threat QB you can find. That is what Bells offense is suited for anyway. I am not sure why they picked Baz as he cannot run at all.
Well it is the worst, dislocated knee, 18 month rehab at best. Called the Teddy Bridgewater injury

I say Pass First Dual Threat QB. So someone who can and does throw. Not someone who just wants to run all the time. But also not someone who can run but chooses not to.

Reactions: vesuvius13
IU is down to 2 QBs if Lowry comes .So go get Stokes inspite of his music taste .Portal QB and my favorite Rayshawn Hardy from Alabama DuAl threat QB who would be great safety but could play QB in a pinch. Counting on that Bazalek transfers and sad to say don’t think Dexter will be a factor in 23 .5 QBs should be the least IU has going into 23 season if we are going to run our QBs in the Big Ten

What's crazy about Bazelak is that he was a 65-66% passer at Missouri. Hell, he was freshman of the year in the SEC. He apparently spiraled down some there with an injury. Some of the Mizzou fans who came thought he was a good get. He was pretty highly thought of as a transfer portal prospect.

For the first 3-4 games this year a lot of us were impressed with the courage he had shown in the face of serious pass rush. Somewhere along the line he gave up. By the Purdue game he looked like he was suffering from PTSD. That last sack near the goal line looked like he had curled down into a fetal position.

I feel like he would have quit the team prior to the Purdue game if he didn't think it would hurt his ability to transfer elsewhere. As others have noted, there seems to be something about his personality that does not inspire confidence in him. All that talk about Tuttle being a great teammate and leader with no similar talk about Bazelak was a giant red flag.

Im just relaying facts to you which, I strongly suspect, is why you aren’t replying with anything other than snark. I’ll focus on others who can talk IU football.
Snark is what you earn as many on here are serving same up to you regularly. Less and less respond positively to you.

If the Dex rumors are true and we have no QB, and team captain Jack Tuttle still bails when he’s clear QB1, that’s tells you all you need to know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT