ADVERTISEMENT

Need a campers opinion on a Prime day deal.

They will know there were campers in the area by how much green tent material there are in the bear poop.

Reactions: cryano
So you're saying the Bears are attracted by the green color hence the cheapest priced color?

Ok, color aside any thoughts on the functionality of this tent?

Why so serious Clark? OK, I went and looked. Funny thing is I had damn near that exact same tent about 10-11 years ago. My fidget spinner ex wife took it. I miss that tent. Anyway, Pretty easy to set up, even with limited mechanical ability. As far as room, we camped several times, it was Her, I and 4 kids, from 10-15 yrs old, plenty of room.
It may not hurt to water proof the damn thing, but that has nothing to do with THAT tent, its just a decent idea. If you don't, it probably won't have anything to do with anyone drowning, probably. Grab one of those cheap ass blue 10x10 canopy's and treat it like a covered from porch. That will give you a place to take off your shoes and leave the food for the bears, so they don't get soggy.

AIR MATTRESSES.
Tent camping will be fun for the kids, and actually I can still enjoy it. The only thing I could add beyond that is This.

And this.
winter-is-on-the-way-out-its-time-for-some-camping-40-photos-2.jpg

Reactions: twenty02 and Eppy99
Thinking about pulling the trigger. Asked my cousin about this since he camps too. Said it's a great price, but doesn't like the idea of too many people in the same tent. Said I'd be happier having two tents regardless of price.

Reactions: largemouth
Thinking about pulling the trigger. Asked my cousin about this since he camps too. Said it's a great price, but doesn't like the idea of too many people in the same tent. Said I'd be happier having two tents regardless of price.

Are you going Camping to be WITH your kids, or AWAY from your kids. I suppose we all have our different things, but why not enjoy it with them.

One of the complaints I have read from avid campers is it gets a bit stuffy in warmer weather until it drops below 65 degrees at night. One of the comments said it lacks ventilation on the back wall causing the warmth. Still for $67 sounds like a good deal. Overall though it got pretty favorable reviews.

One of the complaints I have read from avid campers is it gets a bit stuffy in warmer weather until it drops below 65 degrees at night. One of the comments said it lacks ventilation on the back wall causing the warmth. Still for $67 sounds like a good deal. Overall though it got pretty favorable reviews.

Well you are sleeping in a big zip lock bag. The one I had, had a removable roof vent. Even with that, it can get stuffy. If you have a zero discomfort Threshold, you may want to look at one of those tents offered by Hilton. But my totally honest suggestion, buy the tent and experience it. The kids will love it.

OH and bang the next door campers wife.

Reactions: twenty02 and Eppy99
I have a coleman tent a lot like that and it has lasted 20 years. Only thing we've replaced was some poles.

Mine is a six man, I think, plenty spacious. It fits two queen air mattresses side by side, with stand-up space between. I like the tall ceiling.

It is a little more complicated to put up than most. Ventilation is good when the rain fly is not on, but put on the rain fly and it does get stuffy on hot nights.

Why so serious Clark? OK, I went and looked. Funny thing is I had damn near that exact same tent about 10-11 years ago. My fidget spinner ex wife took it. I miss that tent. Anyway, Pretty easy to set up, even with limited mechanical ability. As far as room, we camped several times, it was Her, I and 4 kids, from 10-15 yrs old, plenty of room.
It may not hurt to water proof the damn thing, but that has nothing to do with THAT tent, its just a decent idea. If you don't, it probably won't have anything to do with anyone drowning, probably. Grab one of those cheap ass blue 10x10 canopy's and treat it like a covered from porch. That will give you a place to take off your shoes and leave the food for the bears, so they don't get soggy.

AIR MATTRESSES.
Tent camping will be fun for the kids, and actually I can still enjoy it. The only thing I could add beyond that is This.

And this.

Everything Joe said. Coleman tents are very reliable and have become very easy to put up/take down. Poles are usually the thing that breaks first. Just be careful with them. The canopy as a patio is a great idea. We did that over Memorial Day weekend and survived a thunderstorm easily. And air mattresses with quality air pumps that inflate and deflate with backup batteries/if not electric are a must. Of all the camping my family has done, the only bear we've encountered is my wife in the morning. I'll take the bear in the picture any day over her.

Reactions: largemouth
Make sure you eat something that creates a lot of gas. Make sure it is lots of gas and really let it go. Your daughters will talk about the experience for the rest of their lives building lasting memories.

AIR MATTRESSES.

And this.

You were married to a midget?

You are already going to be in hell. Might as well get the full, authentic experience.

My wife got me a 2-person backpacking tent for Father's Day. I think it ran about $65. The only thing it seemed good for was to hike, pitch, ****, tear down, hike, go home. Thats sort of what I wanted it for anyway but at least let me roll out of it for a few.

We could fit with backpacks but I want a little maneuverability if I'm caught in rainstorm or need to be in it overnight. It probably didn't help that it was 90 degrees outside with no breeze when I set it up.

We're upgrading to a 3 person for about $20 more and 1.5 more carrying pounds. It also gives us options of how we lay, horizontally or diagonally and not one person blocking the door all the time.

You were married to a midget?

Mental midget, yes.

I call her my Fidget Spinner Ex because apparently I had concentration problems at the time and used her as an excuse to F^ck up about 10 years of my life. But I am MUCH better now.

Reactions: twenty02
I miss tent camping. It didn't require the logistics of moving the 7th fleet every time you wanted to camp.

Camping became more stressful after we got a camper. The worst fights I ever heard my parents have were either putting the boat in the water or backing up to hook up the camper. Mom always said stop as the vehicle made contact with the trailer. Our license plates always had a dent in the center.

I miss tent camping. It didn't require the logistics of moving the 7th fleet every time you wanted to camp.

Camping became more stressful after we got a camper. The worst fights I ever heard my parents have were either putting the boat in the water or backing up to hook up the camper. Mom always said stop as the vehicle made contact with the trailer. Our license plates always had a dent in the center.

FYI, My SIL and I just had one hell of a laugh about this. MF'er can't back worth a shit, and this is what my daughter chooses? MEH!
But he is a pretty good kid I will say.

Reactions: iubud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT