ADVERTISEMENT

One easy way to help a healthcare worker

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
A group of my friends in a group Zoom gathering to make sure everyone was doing okay. One friend mentioned her daughter that is a doctor in Washington State and has to conserve (reuse) exam gloves. The mom said that her daughter has asked her to send her some gloves if they are available in our area. Her daughter hasn't had time to look for gloves herself.

I suggested we reach out to our friends and ask them to send a box to her. Our friend doesn't use Amazon or do much ordering on line. I told her I would get the word out and send the first boxShe said that the gloves would be shared with everyone if the response was greater than expected If you feel led to send a box of regular, non-sterile, non-latex gloves it would be greatly appreciated. You can order them and have them shipped directly there:

Sarah Hiam, 36217 SE Isley St., Snoqualmie, WA, 98065. She will gladly share extras and I am sure they will put every one to good use. She is a real person and I know her mom.

Here is a link to a page on Amazon where you can choose a $9.99 box or send a bigger box list depending on your ability to spend: If you have Prime, shipping is free.

https://www.amazon.com/Powder-Free-Non-Sterile-Disposable-Professional-Healthcare/dp/B07NVWP53L/ref=sr_1_4?crid=29C8ML5SW2JKN&dchild=1&keywords=non+latex+exam+gloves+medium&qid=1585405348&sprefix=non+latex+exam+gkoves,aps,469&sr=8-4

Last edited:
We group of my friends in a group Zoom gathering to make sure everyone was doing okay. One friend mentioned her daughter that is a doctor in Washington State and has to conserve (reuse) exam gloves. The mom said that her daughter has asked her to send her some gloves if they are available in our area. Her daughter hasn't had time to look for gloves herself.

I suggested we reach out to our friends and ask them to send a box to her. Our friend doesn't use Amazon or do much ordering on line. I told her I would get the word out and send the first boxShe said that the gloves would be shared with everyone if the response was greater than expected If you feel led to send a box of regular, non-sterile, non-latex gloves it would be greatly appreciated. You can order them and have them shipped directly there:

Sarah Hiam, 36217 SE Isley St., Snoqualmie, WA, 98065. She will gladly share extras and I am sure they will put every one to good use. She is a real person and I know her mom.

Here is a link to a page on Amazon where you can choose a $9.99 box or send a bigger box list depending on your ability to spend: If you have Prime, shipping is free.

https://www.amazon.com/Powder-Free-Non-Sterile-Disposable-Professional-Healthcare/dp/B07NVWP53L/ref=sr_1_4?crid=29C8ML5SW2JKN&dchild=1&keywords=non+latex+exam+gloves+medium&qid=1585405348&sprefix=non+latex+exam+gkoves,aps,469&sr=8-4

Thank you for posting this.

Good idea. I actually have some extras from the house that haven’t been open. Going to check with local healthcare workers first, but if they don’t need them I’ll send. Thanks.

Good idea. I actually have some extras from the house that haven’t been open. Going to check with local healthcare workers first, but if they don’t need them I’ll send. Thanks.

Definitely check local. As a Washingtonian, as bad as it is here in the pandemic, there are lots of states with case counts ramping very quickly.

Definitely check local. As a Washingtonian, as bad as it is here in the pandemic, there are lots of states with case counts ramping very quickly.
I am hearing the gloves I linked may be out of stock now. Any non sterile non latex gloves will do.

On a somewhat related note, yesterday I got online to look where I could do blood donations. Here in Fort Lauderdale they are not taking walk-ins but you can make an appointment on-line, which is even better. Murphy’s Law says they’ll be blood shortage is soon too.

Just put your ZIP Code in and these apps will tell you where are the nearest collection Center’s are.

While a nice thought.... kind of pointless...as there are going to be shortages of PPE everywhere.... if not already. Local hospital nurse in my neighborhood in Indy is asking people to make masks for them.....as they are already running extremely low.

While a nice thought.... kind of pointless...as there are going to be shortages of PPE everywhere.... if not already. Local hospital nurse in my neighborhood in Indy is asking people to make masks for them.....as they are already running extremely low.

My wife and daughter have been sewing masks this week. Cool to hear that folks are pulling together in Indy.

My wife and daughter have been sewing masks this week. Cool to hear that folks are pulling together in Indy.
It is, but how did we ever get to this point? It has been 8 weeks from when we knew about the virus in the US!

The idea is a hard hit area might be helped by a less involved area. In a few weeks the situation could be reversed. Companies like Amazon and FedEx can be helpful in times like this. I am surprised their role isn't bigger .

Reactions: hoosboot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT