ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
before the season I said they were a Darkhorse, and could finish top 5 in the big, was ridiculed by a few of the non-basketball understanding jokers on this board. they did drop one to Minnesota. but Hoiberg finally has some talent in Lincoln. fear the huskers.

before the season I said they were a Darkhorse, and could finish top 5 in the big, was ridiculed by a few of the non-basketball understanding jokers on this board. they did drop one to Minnesota. but Hoiberg finally has some talent in Lincoln. fear the huskers.
Very important game for IU and their chances for the Ncaa's for them to go there and get a win to start 3-0 in conference. Nebraska is smart to give Hoiberg plenty of time. Won't find any better IMHO.

Reactions: Vern Pain
Chances improved today.

Huskers second best player?, Mast, is out through early Jan after having surgery.

Chances improved today.

Huskers second best player?, Mast, is out through early Jan after having surgery.
Please, no one tell our guys. We don't seem to respond too well when we think we're at an advantage.

I agree this game is huge for us. Metrics don't matter until they do, we need to keep winning conference games. Here's hoping X is back.

Very important game for IU and their chances for the Ncaa's for them to go there and get a win to start 3-0 in conference. Nebraska is smart to give Hoiberg plenty of time. Won't find any better IMHO.
Well to be fair nebraska isn't bbal hotbed. He is probably the best they can ever get so why would they fire him? He also hasn't finished above 11th in four years.

Please, no one tell our guys. We don't seem to respond too well when we think we're at an advantage.

I agree this game is huge for us. Metrics don't matter until they do, we need to keep winning conference games. Here's hoping X is back.
X is peddling a bike and not on the practice floor. Looks more unlikely every day that he plays again this year. If he does get on the floor both feet and ankles will be weak and he’ll be one crooked step or fall from another injury.

If we’re going to do anything Cupps, Galloway and Gunn have to get er done.

X is peddling a bike and not on the practice floor. Looks more unlikely every day that he plays again this year. If he does get on the floor both feet and ankles will be weak and he’ll be one crooked step or fall from another injury.

If we’re going to do anything Cupps, Galloway and Gunn have to get er done.
Which spells doom for February when their legs
go out, especially Cupps, and IU loses 3-4 straight. Woodson will have to just own it.

Which spells doom for February when their legs
go out, especially Cupps, and IU loses 3-4 straight. Woodson will have to just own it.
Yep, it doesn't look good for X going forward. It's becoming more obvious every day it wasn't a simple turned ankle but more likely a sad ending to a once promising career. We'll aways remember X for his stellar play down the stretch during the end of the
'21-'22 season. We'll never know what IU's ceiling might have been with X in the backcourt with JHS. He was just getting warmed up when he went down early in the "22-'23 season. If he should return this season, I suspect him to be a fragile shell of his former self. His cut-back jumper underneath the basket in West Laffy to avoid Edey's block is still etched in my mind. Unfortunately, those cut-backs must have been hard on the ankles.

Last edited:
Yep, it doesn't look good for X going forward. It's becoming more obvious every day it wasn't a simple turned angle but more likely a sad ending to a once promising career. We'll aways remember X for his stellar play down the stretch during the end of the
'21-'22 season. We'll never know what IU's ceiling might have been with X in the backcourt with JHS. He was just getting warmed up when he went down early in the "22-'23 season. If he should return this season, I suspect him to be a fragile shell of his former self. His cut-back jumper underneath the basket in West Laffy to avoid Edey's block is still etched in my mind. Unfortunately, those cut-backs must have been hard on the ankles.
Yup. I think alot of people arent really thinking about how worn down Galloway and especially Cupps legs are gonna get come mid February.

Under rated Springsteen album. Still listen to it, when I'm in the mood.

Yup. I think alot of people arent really thinking about how worn down Galloway and especially Cupps legs are gonna get come mid February.
They won't. They're college kids. This is one of the most overused excuses in the book at the college level.

I know people roll their eyes when people talk about their own playing days on here...but it applies in this situation.

I played small college basketball. We played roughly 35 games a year. My junior and senior year I averaged about 36-37 minutes of playing time a game. We didn't have nutritionists (we ate Papa Johns and Pizza King after our games), we didn't have doctors, we had a training staff, but they didn't dote on us and care for us, they taped our ankles and gave us ice packs when we asked, we drove to ALL our away games, in a 15 passenger van...

Kids at IU are better athletes to start with, they get world class medical treatment whenever they need it, they have nutritionists, they have strength and conditioning coaches, they get massages after every practice and game, and none of them hardly ever play more than 35 minutes in a game...that has 8 TV timeouts...

And I never, not once, felt run down or overly fatigued.

This isn't a thing in college basketball. It just isn't.

They won't. They're college kids. This is one of the most overused excuses in the book at the college level.

I know people roll their eyes when people talk about their own playing days on here...but it applies in this situation.

I played small college basketball. We played roughly 35 games a year. My junior and senior year I averaged about 36-37 minutes of playing time a game. We didn't have nutritionists (we ate Papa Johns and Pizza King after our games), we didn't have doctors, we had a training staff, but they didn't dote on us and care for us, they taped our ankles and gave us ice packs when we asked, we drove to ALL our away games, in a 15 passenger van...

Kids at IU are better athletes to start with, they get world class medical treatment whenever they need it, they have nutritionists, they have strength and conditioning coaches, they get massages after every practice and game, and none of them hardly ever play more than 35 minutes in a game...that has 8 TV timeouts...

And I never, not once, felt run down or overly fatigued.

This isn't a thing in college basketball. It just isn't.
Totally agree with this. Check out the minutes that Nolan Smith, Jon Scheyer, and Kyle Singler played on the 2010 Duke National Championship team. If college players can't play 36 mpg they are not in good enough shape.

Totally agree with this. Check out the minutes that Nolan Smith, Jon Scheyer, and Kyle Singler played on the 2010 Duke National Championship team. If college players can't play 36 mpg they are not in good enough shape.
that's back when kids were tough. before the liberals took over and decided we needed tv timeouts, water breaks during practice. that kids should be compensated for the schools making billions off them. you ask a kid to play 36 minutes his agent would be on the phone trying to re-negotiate his NIL deals. MAGA

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
that's back when kids were tough. before the liberals took over and decided we needed tv timeouts, water breaks during practice. that kids should be compensated for the schools making billions off them. you ask a kid to play 36 minutes his agent would be on the phone trying to re-negotiate his NIL deals. MAGA
Wait a minute! They get water breaks?

When men were men and sheep were nervous and sore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT