ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Game Notes

TomEric4756

All-American
Sep 20, 2021
https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2024/10/14/football-game-notes-host-nebraska

• The matchup will mark the first time the two teams have played in Bloomington since the 2016 season and only the second time since Nebraska joined the Big Ten in 2011.
• Indiana leads the all-time series 10-9-3, but Nebraska leads in games played in Bloomington, 3-2-1. The Cornhuskers won the last matchup, defeating the Hoosiers, 35-21, in Lincoln in 2022.

By The Numbers
1 -Curt Cignetti is the only Indiana head coach to begin his head coaching tenure with a 6-0 record. MORE ON PAGE 4
6 - Indiana's six-game winning streak is the longest since an eight-game stretch during the 1967 season (Week 1-8).
2 - Indiana is one of two teams to have not trailed in a game so far in 2024.

40 - With its 41-point effort at Northwestern (10/5), Indiana has scored 40-plus points in five-straight games for the first time in program history.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2024/10/14/football-game-notes-host-nebraska

• The matchup will mark the first time the two teams have played in Bloomington since the 2016 season and only the second time since Nebraska joined the Big Ten in 2011.
• Indiana leads the all-time series 10-9-3, but Nebraska leads in games played in Bloomington, 3-2-1. The Cornhuskers won the last matchup, defeating the Hoosiers, 35-21, in Lincoln in 2022.

By The Numbers
1 -Curt Cignetti is the only Indiana head coach to begin his head coaching tenure with a 6-0 record. MORE ON PAGE 4
6 - Indiana's six-game winning streak is the longest since an eight-game stretch during the 1967 season (Week 1-8).
2 - Indiana is one of two teams to have not trailed in a game so far in 2024.

40 - With its 41-point effort at Northwestern (10/5), Indiana has scored 40-plus points in five-straight games for the first time in program history.
I really want 40 points again this week. I believe we will get that number again against MSU (if weather cooperates). That is a huge streak.

It’ll be tough, though. I believe only one team, Illinois, has scored more than 10 points on the Nebraska defense. If IU can hang 40+ they’ll get huge respect and votes to be in the top 10.
Illinois popped Nebraska for 31 points in their victory in Lincoln. Indiana could/should surpass that total in a home contest.

Indiana's offense is far more prolific than the Illinois offense. Indiana is averaging a gaudy 515 yards per game of total offense. Illinois averages 382 yards of total offense. Indiana is at 47.5 points per game while Illinois is at 31 points per game.

Indiana has proven they have the firepower to blow people's doors completely off....

Illinois popped Nebraska for 31 points in their victory in Lincoln. Indiana could/should surpass that total in a home contest.

Indiana's offense is far more prolific than the Illinois offense. Indiana is averaging a gaudy 515 yards per game of total offense. Illinois averages 382 yards of total offense. Indiana is at 47.5 points per game while Illinois is at 31 points per game.

Indiana has proven they have the firepower to blow people's doors completely off....
I want them to do the same to Nebraska because it will help them win the game. I hope the Home Coming crowd gives IU and extra boost for the game.

Reactions: IUgradman and td75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT