ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska game extremely close to sellout

I checked the IU website for available tickets for Nebraska, and there are a handful of tickets left for the West stands and not much more available in the East stands. My estimate for available seats would be 400.
The stands will be full of red next weekend. I want IU fired up to take to Nebraska and beat them like they did to UCLA.

Hopefully the city and university are adequately prepared for a sell-out crowd and manage traffic effectively.
The difference in crowd management, and traffic, will likely be negligible. IU has a pretty robust tail gate scene. A chunk of that difference between 40K butts in the seats and all 50+K butts in the seats will just be people actually coming in from the tailgates.

The rest, most of the rest anyways, will be Nebraska fans. Vast majority of them will already be in town at hotels and stuff.

It'll be like a typical OSU or Michigan game. Hopefully with a lot more energy though.

Does this mean the IU admin finally figured out how to get fannies in the seats? Lol.

It's pretty simple. Just win baby and they will come.

HGTVBx.gif

Nebraska will be a great crowd and so will Michigan. UW has some work to do with ticket sales, but it should get close to a sell out or maybe sell out. It would be awesome to win a few of these games in front of these strong home crowds and convert the folks in attendance to people who keep coming back. Exciting to be in this position.

Nebraska will be a great crowd and so will Michigan. UW has some work to do with ticket sales, but it should get close to a sell out or maybe sell out. It would be awesome to win a few of these games in front of these strong home crowds and convert the folks in attendance to people who keep coming back. Exciting to be in this position.
That last point is the key. I feel like we as a program have had moments where it feels like we’re building to the crescendo and then we fall flat. Now, my hope is his fans we can continue to rally behind them either way, but I think it would go along way for the our fan to nab this one against Nebraska. The games that follow are big as well, but I think to follow up the energy of that Maryland game with a big win in front of a sold out crowd would be huge to firm up the softer areas of our fan base.

The stands will be full of red next weekend. I want IU fired up to take to Nebraska and beat them like they did to UCLA.
Yes, Nebraska fans that make the trip will also be wearing red. Memorial Stsdium will look great all in red and as far as I can recall this might be the first time it’ll be to capacity since both end zones have been closed. Unless there was an OSU game where it happened? Anyway, first with mostly IU fans in the stands.

This is so true, for all the momentum IU built in 2019 & 2020, they didn't have any marquee victories in front of the fans. The 2019 home W's were blowouts against bottom tier B1G teams and 2020 was obviously Covid. It feels like if we as fans ever got to leave Memorial Stadium after beating a team that's not perceived as mediocre to bad, many of the casuals would see the fun in going to IU games, thus being far more inclined to come back.

My expectation (or I guess my hope) for the Nebraska crowd is that it will be similar to 2021 Cincy. That game was a sellout too, UC definitely did their share to fill the stadium, but it still felt like IU had a clear home field advantage for most of the game. Also worth noting I'm a recent alum so I still have the student ticket selling group chat on my phone I can tell you football tickets are going for far more than their $20 face value rn so the students are clearly buying in and they did a great job against Maryland.

The alums have been slower to convince(and for good reason), but a marquee win like this is in front of a great crowd is exactly what we need to get the non student portion of the fanbase to buy in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT