ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska fires AD Shawn Eichorst

Ewezrfan1

Junior
May 9, 2017
Have to believe he’s being cleared out both as a result of hiring Mike Riley as well as the upcoming effort to secure his replacement.

Have to believe he’s being cleared out both as a result of hiring Mike Riley as well as the upcoming effort to secure his replacement.

Gotta wonder whether Kevin Wilson will be on their list of replacement candidates. He's had a good bit of visibility to Nebraska during his times at Northwestern and Oklahoma, a reasonably respectable stint at IU even by Nebraska standards taking into consideration that IU was a moribund program when he took over, plus a year of rehabilitation under Urban . . .

. . . would Nebraska have the same sensitivities around player treatment and an, um, irascible personality that IU had with Wilson?

Gotta wonder whether Kevin Wilson will be on their list of replacement candidates. He's had a good bit of visibility to Nebraska during his times at Northwestern and Oklahoma, a reasonably respectable stint at IU even by Nebraska standards taking into consideration that IU was a moribund program when he took over, plus a year of rehabilitation under Urban . . .

. . . would Nebraska have the same sensitivities around player treatment and an, um, irascible personality that IU had with Wilson?
I can’t envision anyone more irascible than Bo Pelini, who was chased out of Lincoln at least in part due to his nasty demeanor.

As for the future, Bob Stoops will be the hot name everywhere, but it’s hard to see him taking the UNL job after walking away from OU. ND will come for him, too, and that’s the better job.

I’m sure Wilson would be a coordinator of interest, but Husker fans who believe they’ve settled previously probably wouldn’t get behind him. If it’s a coordinator, maybe Dave Aranda gets it, but I would guess Scott Frost, the head coach from UCF, who played QB there, would be their preferred guy.

I have no idea but Nebraska will make the best "Football" decision that makes sense.

If the program was "moribund" when CKW arrived, I guess that would make him JC to IUFB? I agree with you but that isn't going to go over well on this board .... I'd love to see it happen but I think it is a long shot.

knu fans are delusional. It'll be Albert AD and Frost 1st choice for coach IMO until that gets f*cked up and they have to replace that. Sorries they will never be who they once were and will stumble over themselves with revolving door hires forever.

They fired Solich after a 9-3 season and fired Pelini after a 9-3 season. Their replacements sucked. Nebraska is stupid.

Wilson will be on the short list of many head coaching searches. However, Nebraska is not a good fit for his style of play. I see him going to a smaller program where winning is prioritized over politics.

They fired Solich after a 9-3 season and fired Pelini after a 9-3 season. Their replacements sucked. Nebraska is stupid.
In their minds, 9-3 isn’t good enough whether the coach is a good guy (Solich and Riley) or a jerk (Pelini). Like IU basketball struggling to replace a legend (Dr. Tom is revered in Nebraska and is a Gentleman’s gentleman), finding a suitable successor is easy to imagine and difficult to execute.

Neb won't "settle" for KW. Not that their standards are above his past transgressions but they will want a big name with big success. They are a bit like IU hoops where the expectations sometimes exceed the reality. Osborne is still the gold standard there despite his sullied reputation for looking the other way.

Reactions: snowling
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT