ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska fans booing....

I think they're booing because they think we're faking injuries to stop the hurry-up. They clapped for Allen after the replay showed it was real.

I dunno if we're taking...and I don't care if we are or if they boo.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I would hope Tom Allen's defense is smart enough to fake an injury if necessary to slow down an opposing offense. It's called gamemanship.

Reactions: IU Fan 1989
Yeah..."injuries"

Lol

Lets see. IU's defensive leader and starter is booed when he goes down with an existing shoulder injury. He is booed wildy when he goes down a second time and is helped off the field never to return.

A linemen gets rolled up on and turns a knee needing to be helped off to boos and does not return

Boo this dickhead

NU fans were classless

I remember a few years ago when a UCLA player, who was a walk on, was killed in a traffic accident a week before the Nebraska game. Before each home game Nebraska would release red and white helium balloons. In honor of the deceased UCLA player Nebraska released blue and gold UCLA balloons the following week.

Nebraska fans are there every game win or lose. They do the Make-A-Wish thing with kids in a pack stadium before the spring game. It seems to be that some of the posters are having a hard problem dealing with winning this evening.

Last edited:
Lets see. IU's defensive leader and starter is booed when he goes down with an existing shoulder injury. He is booed wildy when he goes down a second time and is helped off the field never to return.

A linemen gets rolled up on and turns a knee needing to be helped off to boos and does not return

Boo this dickhead

NU fans were classless
Yeah, and keep up the “black shirt” thing. It worked really well this game

Even if it was a ploy on our part to stop the hurry-up offense, it’s perfectly legal and smart.

I watched another team do that in Bloomington during the Wilson tenure to our hurry up offense. Think it might have been Penn State. I don’t see why more teams don’t do it.

Even if it was a ploy on our part to stop the hurry-up offense, it’s perfectly legal and smart.

I watched another team do that in Bloomington during the Wilson tenure to our hurry up offense. Think it might have been Penn State. I don’t see why more teams don’t do it.
I do. It’s called sportmanship.

MSU did it to us regularly during the Wilson era. I have to admit I don't like it and I dIon't really blame the Nebraska fans. I don't know that we were doing it deliberately, but I understand their displeasure because without the benefit of a tv replay I'm sure it looked like "gaming" to them. I remember our fans booing MSU like hell for it - and I was one of them.

It can be stopped pretty easily. Just pass a rule that any player who leaves the field injured and stops play cannot return until the next possession. That would end the injury feigning as nobody would want to be the guy who had to miss the remainder of the series.

MSU did it to us regularly during the Wilson era. I have to admit I don't like it and I dIon't really blame the Nebraska fans. I don't know that we were doing it deliberately, but I understand their displeasure because without the benefit of a tv replay I'm sure it looked like "gaming" to them. I remember our fans booing MSU like hell for it - and I was one of them.

It can be stopped pretty easily. Just pass a rule that any player who leaves the field injured and stops play cannot return until the next possession. That would end the injury feigning as nobody would want to be the guy who had to miss the remainder of the series.

Well, two of IU's three didn't return at all so that kind of blows that theory up.

When every single defensive injury comes after a big play... 6 times... you can expect that from any fan base

Yeah..."injuries"

Lol

Everybody knows we faked injuries and everybody knows why - because those sissy bitches who played for Nebraska couldn’t hit a bubble hard enough to hurt one.

Thus, we HAD to be faking them.

Case closed.

No apologies.

I do. It’s called sportmanship.

I can see both sides of it but.....crap....we already have 90,000 fans screaming against us, the refs are likely not going to help us out in the game and we tried to get an advantage.

If it shouldn't be done, pass a rule against it. Make the player sit out the remainder of the quarter or something. How do we know it wasn't legitimate? They had a guy go down when we were in rythym. Didn't hear boos. Works both ways.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Schtick was up so they burned a t.o. instead...

I really thought Nebraska fans would be more knowledgeable about these things. It has happened to us a lot so let me help you out. When teams fake injuries, they fake having cramps in their calves. They dont fake knee injuries or shoulder injuries or possible concussions and then not return to the field.

I remember a few years ago when a UCLA player, who was a walk on, was killed in a traffic accident a week before the Nebraska game. Before each home game Nebraska would release red and white helium balloons. In honor of the deceased UCLA player Nebraska released blue and gold UCLA balloons the following week.

Nebraska fans are there every game win or lose. They do the Make-A-Wish thing with kids in a pack stadium before the spring game. It seems to be that some of the posters are having a hard problem dealing with winning this evening.
A good friend in an E.E. grad from Nebraska and is a great person as well as one of the Legion of Husker fans who make a point to support their team on the road. When NU played at Bton a few years back, I attended three separate 'authorized' tailgates organized by alumni/supporters. These fans represent very well. IU football has a long, long ways to go to compared to NU.

Reactions: channi
A good friend in an E.E. grad from Nebraska and is a great person as well as one of the Legion of Husker fans who make a point to support their team on the road. When NU played at Bton a few years back, I attended three separate 'authorized' tailgates organized by alumni/supporters. These fans represent very well. IU football has a long, long ways to go to compared to NU.

So I will assume your friend is not one of the many that loudly booed Thomas Allen as he was helped from the field unable to return.

Reactions: 76-1
When every single defensive injury comes after a big play... 6 times... you can expect that from any fan base
They way you guys were hitting and cheap shotting...no wonder our guys were getting dinged up...maybe one or two of those might be suspect, but all?? Grow up...you lost the game...period...

They way you guys were hitting and cheap shotting...no wonder our guys were getting dinged up...maybe one or two of those might be suspect, but all?? Grow up...you lost the game...period...

They can complain all they want. Nebraska fans haven't faced 1% of the BS we have put up with in this conference. I don't think what we were doing was gamesmanship, but if it was, get screwed Nebraska. We have been the doormat of this conference my entire life and the non calls and phantom calls on our team against the likes of Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, etc. over the years are so predictable that they are just part of the experience.

Furthermore, it sounds like the Nebraska AD wanted IU on the schedule for another "easy win". I hope they enjoyed every minute of us taking their girl right in front of their eyes yesterday. It isn't 1997 anymore and they aren't playing in the Big 12 either.

10-8-3 Nebraska fans.

Let’s be honest. IU fans were getting similarly mad At OSU when they were hitting the deck in game 3 in Bloomington.

I bet most were legit for IU players but a few may have been “less than hard core injuries” and I say “about Time IU figured that out isn’t it?”

I don’t want IU to be seen as cheaters, but if a short term hammy happens from time to Time and they have to take a drop, As long as playing by the rules, be a smart team.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ears are so predictable that they are just part of the experience.

Furthermore, it sounds like the Nebraska AD wanted IU on the schedule for another "easy win". s.
The ADs do not get to pick their cross-over games, the league does that.

Allen never came back in the game after his two or three. Kids got a bad shoulder.

Nebraska fans are just a western incarnation of "the" Ohio State fans from what I've seen of them (and that's no compliment)...
Trust me - they're not like O$U fans. The complete opposite.

We boo'd other team's players when they went down when Wilson ran his hurry-up Offense.

I don't blame them, but it's part of the game.

Visit Nebraska some time and you'll get it. I hope their football rises back up. Because what's left without it are 4th of July parades that consist of the community Czech queens, riding a vintage tractor while the town marching band invades the local bars for a drunken battle of the bands. I'm only being serious.

They'll be blessed with good football again one day and I'll be rooting for them when we're not on the opposite sideline. They're good people that expect and deserve better...just like IU basketball does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT