ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska’s Rivals Board

Kelly_32

All-Big Ten
Dec 12, 2004
Spent some time over on Nebraska’s board. That fan base is pretty funny.

You can basically put them in two categories when it comes to how they feel about their Huskers:

1. They will be lucky to win another game

2. They can beat Ohio State, win out and make the playoffs

I think that fan base suffers from PTSD.

Spent some time over on Nebraska’s board. That fan base is pretty funny.

You can basically put them in two categories when it comes to how they feel about their Huskers:

1. They will be lucky to win another game

2. They can beat Ohio State, win out and make the playoffs

I think that fan base suffers from PTSD.
Did it feel familiar??

Many on their board feel they will hold the IU O between 10-20 points and win by double digits. They are very puffy chested about their D only giving up 10+ points once (vs the Illini, a loss) while seemingly ignoring they’ve played probably the 2 worst O’s in the league in PU and Rutgers. Also forgetting the CU OL is maybe the worst in the country (Khalil Benson was starting last I looked and getting whipped regularly). Both their OL and DL will out physical us up front (their words, not mine and Saw that on some Neb podcaster too), even though some there do admit, their OL and run game isn’t great.

I am really looking forward to this one.

I rarely watch Indiana basketball anymore.

I coached Bryant McIntosh when he was a youngster and his dad and I have been lifelong friends so I've mostly followed Northwestern over the last ten years.
You coached Bryant at Greensburg HS or when he was younger?

Reactions: Kelly_32
Ha, sounds like us with bball.

Line has moved from -3.5 to -6.5. Sheesh.

Vegas knows something.

Vegas didn't move that line. The betting action forced the books to move it. 94% of the betting public immediately jumped all over Indiana at -3.5, -4.5, and then -5.5.

-6.5 is where it stands now as Vegas feels they can finally start drawing even money. I think the line will eventually grow to -7.5 as the week goes on, and then it will fall back into the 6's around game time as the sharps throw a lot of money at Nebraska.

- Half the ESPN writers and Nicole Auerbach from NBC Sports have Indiana in the playoffs
- Cignetti will be on McAfee this week
- Indiana willl be highlighted on ESPN, CBS, and NBC College football shows during the week.
- All of the pundits will pick Indiana.

The Hoosier Love Fest will draw a lot of Indiana money this week.

Many on their board feel they will hold the IU O between 10-20 points and win by double digits. They are very puffy chested about their D only giving up 10+ points once (vs the Illini, a loss) while seemingly ignoring they’ve played probably the 2 worst O’s in the league in PU and Rutgers. Also forgetting the CU OL is maybe the worst in the country (Khalil Benson was starting last I looked and getting whipped regularly). Both their OL and DL will out physical us up front (their words, not mine and Saw that on some Neb podcaster too), even though some there do admit, their OL and run game isn’t great.

I am really looking forward to this one.
Husker here. I don't know about that. We know we have our fair share of problems, and need to fix things. I think it will probably be a really good game. IU and NU are very similar in the fact that their schedules are pretty soft so far. Cignetti seems like a great coach and hopefully it's an entertaining game on Saturday. Good Luck Saturday and the rest of the year. Have a few good Indiana friends and they know how to party so you guys are great people in my book. Wish I could make the trip this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT