ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Simulation

BORES you, or BOIS you? The CAM moniker does crack me up, though.
sorry...after my previous comment, I had to watch the Chapelle show "Prince - Basketball " skit again. Now I can't stop laughing.

Shoot the J....SHOOT IT !!!!

Crossin' cat...like Iverson. Snatchin' rebounds like Charles Barkley.

Pancakes. Who the F@ck can make up that $hit?

damn was that show funny.....I need some more of that...less of this bickering over made up topics.

Time to go watch the Rick James skit....

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
sorry...after my previous comment, I had to watch the Chapelle show "Prince - Basketball " skit again. Now I can't stop laughing.

damn was that show funny.....I need some more of that...less of this bickering over made up topics.

I'm Rick James, Birnk!

Reactions: Radio Zero
Suspects? Pretty gentle characterization of the clinically certifiable.
Also known as perpetual pessimists, whiners, Negative Nancies, and trolls. They may have differing agendas and motivations, but they all trash everything positive related to IU basketball. Those that consider themselves actual IU fans, loosely using that term, have very low expectations for IU basketball though they will say the opposite. They know who they are. We know who they are too.

Also known as perpetual pessimists, whiners, Negative Nancies, and trolls. They may have differing agendas and motivations, but they all trash everything positive related to IU basketball. Those that consider themselves actual IU fans, loosely using that term, have very low expectations for IU basketball though they will say the opposite. They know who they are. We know who they are too.
As a charter member of the Lowered Expectations Society, are you going to push for an extension for Miller based on the simulated tournament results?

As a charter member of the Lowered Expectations Society, are you going to push for an extension for Miller based on the simulated tournament results?

i think you are failing to see the incremental improvement. It’s a fact that we were 98.8 % likely to make the tournament. Clearly the trend in our friend when it comes to IU basketball. Returning all 5 starters , we should be even better next year. I see us building to being a mid tier B10 program eventually.​

it’s been a tough spell of missing 7-11 NCAAs, but I am optimistic that we can become a program good enough to make 7 of the next 11.

i think you are failing to see the incremental improvement. It’s a fact that we were 98.8 % likely to make the tournament. Clearly the trend in our friend when it comes to IU basketball. Returning all 5 starters , we should be even better next year. I see us building to being a mid tier B10 program eventually.​

it’s been a tough spell of missing 7-11 NCAAs, but I am optimistic that we can become a program good enough to make 7 of the next 11.
I’ve said that I thought we were in the tournament, likely as a 10th seed. I doubt we would’ve advanced past the first game, since the match up would’ve been tough, but tournaments always produce surprises. Unfortunately, poor guard play was an issue all year long, and it probably would’ve been in a tournament environment.

As for next year, I don’t see any reliable evidence that we’ll improve, at least based on the play we saw this year. Saying we “should” be even better doesn’t make it so, and the guard play leaves me little comfort that improvement is likely. Improvement this year, while statistically accurate by some measures, didn’t exist relative to the Big Ten. In fact, we regressed compared to the rest of the conference, as the results make clear. Whether that turns more positively next year is anyone’s guess but, without the early cupcake schedule we played, there’s no chance we make the tournament this year, and it’s likely they’ll need a similarly easy early slate of games to make it next year, too.

The question I continue to ask is what the culture of the program is, and there really isn’t an answer. We’re not tough, we’re not resilient, we’re not lock down defenders, we’re not known for incredible effort, we’re not shooters or penetrators . . . I’m sure Miller is trying and that he’s frustrated by the lack of response, but we’ll have to do much more than just get a year older to make the kind of improvement some of us would like.

I said you guys know who you are, and right on cue you prove you're one of them. Go away, troll boy.

I expect IU to make 11 of the next 11. I have high expectations . . .

I said you guys know who you are, and right on cue you prove you're one of them. Go away, troll boy.
Says the charter member of the Lowered Expectations Society. You’re, no doubt, thrilled with the simulated tournament berth and are certainly following the results closely in heightened anticipation of another IU victory. When you don’t know anything about the program or the sport (you don’t), no one is shocked by your ignorance (that’s where your Lowered Expectations come from). Extension!

Says the charter member of the Lowered Expectations Society. You’re, no doubt, thrilled with the simulated tournament berth and are certainly following the results closely in heightened anticipation of another IU victory. When you don’t know anything about the program or the sport (you don’t), no one is shocked by your ignorance (that’s where your Lowered Expectations come from). Extension!
It's only a simulation so I'm not thrilled about the simulations results and I'm not upset about them. However, you seem upset about the simulation. Why would that be? Could it be because you're a troll? I think so.

I’ve said that I thought we were in the tournament, likely as a 10th seed. I doubt we would’ve advanced past the first game, since the match up would’ve been tough, but tournaments always produce surprises. Unfortunately, poor guard play was an issue all year long, and it probably would’ve been in a tournament environment.

As for next year, I don’t see any reliable evidence that we’ll improve, at least based on the play we saw this year. Saying we “should” be even better doesn’t make it so, and the guard play leaves me little comfort that improvement is likely. Improvement this year, while statistically accurate by some measures, didn’t exist relative to the Big Ten. In fact, we regressed compared to the rest of the conference, as the results make clear. Whether that turns more positively next year is anyone’s guess but, without the early cupcake schedule we played, there’s no chance we make the tournament this year, and it’s likely they’ll need a similarly easy early slate of games to make it next year, too.

The question I continue to ask is what the culture of the program is, and there really isn’t an answer. We’re not tough, we’re not resilient, we’re not lock down defenders, we’re not known for incredible effort, we’re not shooters or penetrators . . . I’m sure Miller is trying and that he’s frustrated by the lack of response, but we’ll have to do much more than just get a year older to make the kind of improvement some of us would like.

very reasonable post, and I don’t really see anything that I can disagree with.

to your point on culture:
Clearly it’s been difficult to instill a new culture. One thing that has delayed things is that there appears to be a culture clash with the old culture, and any new culture that is trying to be instilled. The problem has been worse because of 2 factors:
1. Miller being overly reliant on the old culture players.
2. It has taken longer than it should for leaders to emerge that are part of a new culture, because he has brought in too many 1-2 year players.

I have to assume that Miller does have a culture that he is trying to instill but we aren’t far enough along on the process. The team will continue to be dominated by old regime players and miller recruits that will never play more than two years for him.

At least for one final year.

Last edited:
It's only a simulation so I'm not thrilled about the simulations results and I'm not upset about them. However, you seem upset about the simulation. Why would that be? Could it be because you're a troll? I think so.
Im not upset in the least. It’s a simulation. It’s make believe, a world that you understand all too well. So, are you pushing for an extension, Connie?

very reasonable post, and I don’t really see anything that I can disagree with.

to your point on culture:
Clearly it’s been difficult to instill a new culture. One thing that has delayed things is that there appears to be a culture clash with the old culture, and any new culture that is trying to be instilled. The problem has been worse because of 2 factors:
1. Miller being overly reliant on the old culture players.
2. It has taken longer than it should for leaders to emerge that are part of a new culture, because he has brought in too many 1-2 year players.

I have to assume that Miller does have a culture that he is trying to instill but we aren’t far enough along on the process. The team will continue to be dominated by old regime players and miller recruits that will never play more than two years for him.

At least for one final year.
I know there have been rumors concerning Miller’s supposed lack of ability to nudge players out in the early days, but I wonder if he regrets not doing that. Having guys who don’t buy in can be incredibly detrimental, and I think we’ve seen some of the results of that.

I know there have been rumors concerning Miller’s supposed lack of ability to nudge players out in the early days, but I wonder if he regrets not doing that. Having guys who don’t buy in can be incredibly detrimental, and I think we’ve seen some of the results of that.

Even if you don’t show anyone the door, you don’t have to allow them to be the leaders or key players on the team. No one is forcing him to play any particular kid. He’s playing who he is to win now.

secondly, by relying on so many 1-2 year recruits we never see that culture develop. Romeo was a great player and recruit, who was never going to play more than a year, and was never going to stick around and help develop culture and leadership. The great IU teams had groups of players that developed over 4 (or 5 with RS players like Evans) years.
Instead of Fitzner we could have a junior.

"I'm Rick James b$@ch!!!" Hahaha!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT