ADVERTISEMENT

NC Governor

Spartans9312

All-American
Nov 11, 2004

Robinson enters the race.

This is what he needs to do to win. For what it’s worth, I think DeSantis as the nominee will pull the entire NC ticket well past the finish line.

With Trump (who I think would lose the state), Robinson will need to go his own way rather than hitching his wagon to Trump.

• Wow
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

This is what he needs to do to win. For what it’s worth, I think DeSantis as the nominee will pull the entire NC ticket well past the finish line.

With Trump (who I think would lose the state), Robinson will need to go his own way rather than hitching his wagon to Trump.
GREAT candidate. He should win running away, no matter who is at the top of the ticket.

I think if Robinson was running for Gov of South Carolina he'd be a shoo in, but I don't think his anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and history of anti-semitic remarks will play well with moderates and suburbanites in NC. He only won by 3% in 2020, and that was largely a result of the last minute scandal which engulfed the Cunninham Senate campaign and depressed Dem turnout...

NC has only had a single GOP Governor this century, and that was when McCory ran as a pro-business moderate and convinced independents he would govern the same way he did as Mayor of Charlotte and not as a culture warrior. He then turned around and pushed the bathroom bill thru in a secret session, and almost singlehandedly wrecked NC's economy.

As a result he became a 1 term lame duck, and Cooper has subsequently served 2 terms. Abortion will still be a huge issue in 2024, and Robinson in addition to being outspoken against gay rights and a person who makes Jewish voters "nervous" is also on the wrong side of the choice issue.

When you condemn some churches for welcoming gay members into their congregation and throw out anti-semitic tropes like "globalist" or references to the Rothschilds controlling all the money, you aren't going to help the GOP recapture suburban women. Esp when you're outpsokenly anti-choice as well...

Reactions: Noodle

like all Pubs, and many Dems, he points out all the problems and offers no solutions.

that said, he isn't going to find any answers to those problems on the Pub side of the isle, where the vast majority of their origin originated, and where his colleagues see those problems as upsides to their agenda rather than downsides.

Desantis will not be the Republican convention nominee in '24.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT