ADVERTISEMENT

Nashville or Jacksonville

Tegray1

Senior
Sep 18, 2015
More IU fans maybe to Nashville but I really think playing in Florida would be great for our current players and for our recruiting. Something different about playing in a Bowl game after January 1st.

Reactions: DANC
Looks like Nashville/Music City payout is 5.6 million and Gator is 3.1 million.

More IU fans maybe to Nashville but I really think playing in Florida would be great for our current players and for our recruiting. Something different about playing in a Bowl game after January 1st.

TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, Florida
Jan. 2, 7 p.m., ESPN

Bonagura: Mississippi State vs. Indiana

I'm IN for Nashville, Jacksonville, or NYC. Preference would be Jacksonville as I'm guessing it'll be a bit warmer than the other 2. It'd be a PLUS from a recruiting standpoint too. Nice to take all those Florida players back home where their buddies and families can see them play.

The bowl payout seems like a non-factor to me. Don't the B1G member schools equally share in all bowl revenue?

I'm good with (and will be in attendance at) either location, but I agree with Tegray that an appearance in Florida could really be a boost for recruiting. Oh, and the "warmth" factor is definitely a bonus.

Reactions: 76-1 and mk23
I know the weather in Jacksonville does suck once in a while also like Nashville.

I'm good with (and will be in attendance at) either location, but I agree with Tegray that an appearance in Florida could really be a boost for recruiting. Oh, and the "warmth" factor is definitely a bonus.

I know the weather in Jacksonville does suck once in a while also like Nashville.
No guarantees when it comes to weather, of course, but the average daily high in Jacksonville, in January, is 65 versus 48 in Nashville. I'll take those extra 17 degrees.

Reactions: mk23
We will not be in the Redbox Bowl

Schlabach has almost never been right on his bowl projections. That he predicted the Redbox is a good sign we won’t be going there again.

Florida bowls have more prestige. The Gator Bowl has been around forever and has had the name recognition. It’s like the second oldest bowl. It has regularly drawn attendance of 60,000.

It was the site of the infamous Woody Hayes punch on a Clemson player.

Give me Jacksonville!!!

For purely selfish reasons I'd want Nashville, because I can swing that with time off from work.

But pretty sure it's going to be the Gator Bowl.

We will take the road show to FL or Nashville. NOT going to sit outside in NYC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT