ADVERTISEMENT

Names on jerseys in portal era

Maybe it should be reconsidered, if half the roster will be turned over every year. The casual fan will have no idea who's on the the team anymore.
If the casual fan is too lazy to take a look at the official roster and learn who's who then I question their seriousness as even a "casual" fan...

They've already turned Assembly Hall in to one big flashing ad campaign. I say leave the uniforms alone...

Now..., Get Off My Lawn! 😉

Reactions: FormerRevMatt
I could see all this causing me to lose interest. But maybe other people will like it more. I'm sure they'll find a way to protect the revenue coming in

I'm sure I won't want to remember half of them anyway. I'll take my chances.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Maybe it should be reconsidered, if half the roster will be turned over every year. The casual fan will have no idea who's on the the team anymore.
You sons of bitches have wanted to change it for years going back Mike Davis and now you see your angle, huh? By hook or by crook, I guess. Pi$$ on that…

Reactions: go_iu
Since everything else has gone to crap with NCAA basketball, I say put the names on the front of the jerseys and team name on the back. Makes as much sense as everything else these days.

Reactions: .Gerdis
I “love” how no names on back if jersey is deemed some sort of tradition. If so, that’s one weak tradition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT