ADVERTISEMENT

My idea on how to fix this team.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
I would shake up the lineup. I would go with this.

S-5

Phinisee
Langford
Anderson
Morgan
Moore

Bench rotation

Smith
Durham
Green
Davis/Forrester

Now. Initially this will cost us defensively. We arent defending that well anyways. Let this 5 grow together on defense. It also gives us more length and rebounding in the starting 5. Anderson is probably our best 3 pt shooter. He can score. I like Moore at the 5 spot because than Morgan no longer has to matchup with a 5 on defense. Moore offers more length. This also allows us to use Smith as a super sub. It creates less opportunities for Green to get us off to a bad start. And we can weed out the 2 Seniors that provide nothing every game for 2 guys like Moore and Anderson that we desperately need to develop. If we arent going to win a ton of games, now is the time to work on 2019-2020.

JMO.

Reactions: ufo33 and Lucy01
Smith would probably cry his way home to his papa if you didn't start him. He's already unhappy apparently. Not sure we'd get anything positive from him off the bench.

This ^^^ and it may be causing some stinking thinking translating into bad juju for this IU team.

Smith would probably cry his way home to his papa if you didn't start him. He's already unhappy apparently. Not sure we'd get anything positive from him off the bench.

Bye. Dont let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. I am not the least bit worried about someone transferring. I want guys who will pour their heart and soul into IU like Oladipo, Hulls, and Moye did.

Did those guys ever cry or complain? No. They were too busy in the gym to even complain to anybody.

Bye. Dont let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. I am not the least bit worried about someone transferring. I want guys who will pour their heart and soul into IU like Oladipo, Hulls, and Moye did.

Did those guys ever cry or complain? No. They were too busy in the gym to even complain to anybody.

I agree especially if we get Brooks. We won't need JS next season. We're getting Race and Jerome back too.

thanks and wow.did dad notice his son had a couple of open 3's to start the game and neither was close. did he also notice that the nebraska defenders did not close out and allowed him to shoot, knowing the likely outcome. surely instructed by tim miles. further, smith passed on subsequent open 3's as it wa obvious nebraska was all but goading him into shooting them.

first i've heard of the hoosier shopping network. is it worth checking out?

Agreed. When he shot those I was thinking "that is exactly the shot Nebraska wants IU to take".

But I will also say that I too feel that Miller's offense needs to be adapted. The secret is out on Morgan and Romeo. 36ppg isn't going to be enough.

I would shake up the lineup. I would go with this.

S-5

Phinisee
Langford
Anderson
Morgan
Moore

Bench rotation

Smith
Durham
Green
Davis/Forrester

Now. Initially this will cost us defensively. We arent defending that well anyways. Let this 5 grow together on defense. It also gives us more length and rebounding in the starting 5. Anderson is probably our best 3 pt shooter. He can score. I like Moore at the 5 spot because than Morgan no longer has to matchup with a 5 on defense. Moore offers more length. This also allows us to use Smith as a super sub. It creates less opportunities for Green to get us off to a bad start. And we can weed out the 2 Seniors that provide nothing every game for 2 guys like Moore and Anderson that we desperately need to develop. If we arent going to win a ton of games, now is the time to work on 2019-2020.

JMO.
As long ast fitzner stays on the bench I am good with that lineup. He should not see one minute.

I don't care how he feels, he's a liability on offense right now. He also made a few passes against Nebraska that Ray Charles wouldn't have made. Shortly thereafter he jogged up the floor, while they were on the other end putting their nuts in the rim. Sure he has some natural ability, but if he doesn't want to play hard then don't play him. If he's mad about it tell him to go kick sand.

This isn't church league, this is big boy basketball. Something is clearly off about this team, and Archie is going to have to make some changes to savage the season. If Archie doesn't do something different with a few of these guys then I'm going to start losing respect for him as a coach. What's going on right now simply isn't getting it done.

What in the world makes anyone think Anderson should play, let alone start??? I mean come on now. If he can’t see the floor in some of these games he’s either completely overmatched at this level or isn’t practicing hard enough.

It’s just pure wishful thinking to always rely on the guy you haven’t seen. There’s a reason for it.

And Moore? As in Clifton Moore? He wouldn’t start at most mid majors.

I really dont feel like Archie is the problem. Its this roster. It's a hard team to coach. I want 4 and 5 star guys. But he needs to get similar kids to the kids he had at Dayton. It worked. But he needs to adapt and get some 6"11 255 lb Centers and a couple 6"4 guards who make treys like layups. Matt Mcquaid/Nick Zeisloft kind of guys.

What in the world makes anyone think Anderson should play, let alone start??? I mean come on now. If he can’t see the floor in some of these games he’s either completely overmatched at this level or isn’t practicing hard enough.

It’s just pure wishful thinking to always rely on the guy you haven’t seen. There’s a reason for it.

And Moore? As in Clifton Moore? He wouldn’t start at most mid majors.

Because they are better than the guys who play in front of them.

If this team doesn't show any pride going forward after that embarrassment on Monday, then it's something we will likely never see. What a sad performance.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Let me get this straight.

Justin doesnt score enough-His dad calls out Archie on Twitter.

Romeo doesnt score enough-Frankie Vision calls out Archie on Twitter.

Geez. Tough crowd.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
If this team doesn't show any pride going forward after that embarrassment on Monday, then it's something we will likely never see. What a sad performance.

Anybody that doesnt, Archie should recommend they transfer. Their are 13 guys out there that will lay it on the line for IU.

Let me get this straight.

Justin doesnt score enough-His dad calls out Archie on Twitter.

Romeo doesnt score enough-Frankie Vision calls out Archie on Twitter.

Geez. Tough crowd.
Winning cures all, as long as we keep losing the chants will get louder and louder.

I couldn't care less if Romeo or Justin ever score. All that matters is winning games, and that's something IU doesn't do much of anymore.

Reactions: cryano
I really dont feel like Archie is the problem. Its this roster. It's a hard team to coach. I want 4 and 5 star guys. But he needs to get similar kids to the kids he had at Dayton. It worked. But he needs to adapt and get some 6"11 255 lb Centers and a couple 6"4 guards who make treys like layups. Matt Mcquaid/Nick Zeisloft kind of guys.

I think Franklin is probably one of those guys. In my opinion, Trendon Watford could help with both inside and outside. Although he still isn't an earth mover type of guy that could guard a Teske or a Swanigan.

Maybe we can get the JS scholly back after this season and get a kid that wants to hustle and win. JS is athletic as can be but it mostly ends there. Poor passer,defender and ball handler and can't shoot outside. Yeah dad he shoot shoot more than RL and JM. LOL He shouldn't even be starting for IU. If not for a weak front court CAM inherited he would not play much at all.

Maybe we can get the JS scholly back after this season and get a kid that wants to hustle and win. JS is athletic as can be but it mostly ends there. Poor passer,defender and ball handler and can't shoot outside. Yeah dad he shoot shoot more than RL and JM. LOL He shouldn't even be starting for IU. If not for a weak front court CAM inherited he would not play much at all.

Until the Nebraska game I thought Smith was playing better defense and in the last couple of games he started getting aggressive on drives.

They should start a reality series that features disgruntled parents of players. Put them in a house together and film it.

The first season might be Nojel Eastern’s mom, Smith’s dad, Lavar Ball and then thrown in a couple of aging 80s personalities like Vince Neal and Corey Haim just for flavor and see the action.

They should start a reality series that features disgruntled parents of players. Put them in a house together and film it.

The first season might be Nojel Eastern’s mom, Smith’s dad, Lavar Ball and then thrown in a couple of aging 80s personalities like Vince Neal and Corey Haim just for flavor and see the action.
A duel between Ms. Eastern & Lavar would be epic. :eek:

Tough Love
This is college ball, don't perform well and you are looking at not starting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT