ADVERTISEMENT

Must win tonight against Dem turtles.

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
They bring a lot of really solid guard/forwards guys back. Wiggins has had a crazy downward trend in three point shooting. His freshmen year he was a sniper over 41% and 150 attempts. Been very down hill since, he is shooting just 26% this year. No idea what happened to him.... 5 threes tomorrow sounds about right.

The good news is this is not a typical Maryland team in that they have no real big guys. The only guy over 6'9 is Mariel, he doesn't play much and still a project. No big bruisers that they are known for. With our size issues and lack of Brunk that is a great. I am hopefully optimistic we match up well against these guys. As long as they don't break out of their shell (pun intended) this should be a game we can really take control of.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Miller :

“Morsell is obviously the heart and soul of their team,”

That’s a big loss for them. Hoosiers should roll.

They bring a lot of really solid guard/forwards guys back. Wiggins has had a crazy downward trend in three point shooting. His freshmen year he was a sniper over 41% and 150 attempts. Been very down hill since, he is shooting just 26% this year. No idea what happened to him.... 5 threes tomorrow sounds about right.

The good news is this is not a typical Maryland team in that they have no real big guys. The only guy over 6'9 is Mariel, he doesn't play much and still a project. No big bruisers that they are known for. With our size issues and lack of Brunk that is a great. I am hopefully optimistic we match up well against these guys. As long as they don't break out of their shell (pun intended) this should be a game we can really take control of.

Has there been any Big Ten game that we’ve taken control of in recent memory? Every game for IU will be a struggle (again).

I think this is a big game. I realize one game early in the season can’t be called big but at the same time if we cannot perform well I think it’s seals our season as at best 500

I think this is a big game. I realize one game early in the season can’t be called big but at the same time if we cannot perform well I think it’s seals our season as at best 500
500? If IU loses it home to Maryland they'll be a bottom feeder in the BIG10.

Reactions: Hoosierific

When you are as bad as we are every game is big.

They have one, 6'9 235 and will most likely rotate 3 guys in the post on TJD, all of them foul too much. Get it inside, get to the line.
TJD will shoot over 10 FTs tonight. Notradumbass of the day.

TJD will shoot over 10 FTs tonight. Notradumbass of the day.

Hope so. The biggest thing I'm looking for is competing on the boards. TJD and RT really need to start hitting those offensive boards. We've been lacking in conference play. Giving up 13 to PSU and only getting 4, kept them in that game.

Maryland has a lot of athletes about the same size .. expect a lot of switching 1 thru 3, 1 thru 4. Don't know if that's good for us or not.

Guards need to be aggressive, hopefully they got that message.

Last edited:

It would certainly be a welcomed and very immportant win and it would make it a bit easier for the rest of the season.

However, if IU loses to Maryland but beats Wisky, is this still a MUST win?

It would certainly be a welcomed and very immportant win and it would make it a bit easier for the rest of the season.

However, if IU loses to Maryland but beats Wisky, is this still a MUST win?

Yes. Because we need both wins.

Hope so. The biggest thing I'm looking for is competing on the boards. TJD really needs to start hitting those offensive boards. We've been lacking in conference play. Giving up 13 to PSU and only getting 4, kept them in that game.

Maryland has a lot of athletes about the same size .. expect a lot of switching 1 thru 3, 1 thru 4. Don't know if that's good for us or not.

Guards need to be aggressive, hopefully they got that message.

Race and Trace need to go hard on the boards, hell the whole team does. The Rebounding numbers you are referencing are pathetic (13th in conference). Our conference play only defense has been atrocious as well. 9th overall, 11th at 3P%. Have to clean that up, we need to be a top 3 D team. That is Archies focus, he needs to be elite at it. Our TO% is super impressive tho at 20%, 1st in the conference. Need to clean up 3p%, granted PSU was making some very difficult ones, they had a few wide open looks.

Race and Trace need to go hard on the boards, hell the whole team does. The Rebounding numbers you are referencing are pathetic (13th in conference). Our conference play only defense has been atrocious as well. 9th overall, 11th at 3P%. Have to clean that up, we need to be a top 3 D team. That is Archies focus, he needs to be elite at it. Our TO% is super impressive tho at 20%, 1st in the conference. Need to clean up 3p%, granted PSU was making some very difficult ones, they had a few wide open looks.
well ... TJD didn't get 10 FTA but RT and TJD did finally rebound.

Maryland was the 11th rated offense in the country. Our defense completely dismantled them.

Last edited:
well ... TJD didn't get 10 FTA but RT and TJD did finally rebound.

Maryland was the 11th rated offense in the country. Our defense was at least solid.

For sure D was great for the most part. Still way too manys wide open threes, they just missed, and I think Wiggins got 4 threes (predicted 5 as joke...kind of)

Race and Trace getting double doubles in the same game we will be hard to beat. That was fun to see. Trace finally turned it on in the second, he seems to do that start slow and finish strong. Ill take it.

I am still just puzzled why Lander doesnt play. Franklin rolling his ankle cant break the getting 2 minutes at the 13 min mark in the first, and never see the floor again streak. Crazy to me. Our guards cant dribble. I thought we were gonna shit the bed at the end when they were pressing us. It is gross to watch and I know Lander can handle the ball, that is something he for sure is elite at. Why not put him in? This is gonna be a thorn that just keeps digging at me all year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT