ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Indianaftw

All-American
Jul 26, 2017
Couldn’t sleep last night so I caught Mr. Smith Goes to Washington a 1939 film starring James Stewart (Mr. Smith). Smith is the head of the boy rangers a boys club and gets selected to replace a recently deceased senator.

So this innocent guy with good intentions goes to DC in hopes of doing something good. He ends up smack dab in the middle of a completely corrupt bunch of senators who railroad and frame him. Keep in mind this is 1939. The corrupt leader (elite asshole) Taylor owns the press as well and skewers him with it.

Sounding familiar???

Anyways if you have not seen it I highly suggest watching it. 1939 and corrupt as hell.

The guest last night on TMC was Richard Dreyfus’s who also suggested our youth watch this movie because he believes our youth is losing out on civics and this movie would help them get a better understanding.

Couldn’t sleep last night so I caught Mr. Smith Goes to Washington a 1939 film starring James Stewart (Mr. Smith). Smith is the head of the boy rangers a boys club and gets selected to replace a recently deceased senator.

So this innocent guy with good intentions goes to DC in hopes of doing something good. He ends up smack dab in the middle of a completely corrupt bunch of senators who railroad and frame him. Keep in mind this is 1939. The corrupt leader (elite asshole) Taylor owns the press as well and skewers him with it.

Sounding familiar???

Anyways if you have not seen it I highly suggest watching it. 1939 and corrupt as hell.

The guest last night on TMC was Richard Dreyfus’s who also suggested our youth watch this movie because he believes our youth is losing out on civics and this movie would help them get a better understanding.
You can tell that you are old when you use phrases such as "our youth" and suggest they watch a move older than their grandparents.

"Hey Kids! I know you think The Conjuring is all spooky and stuff, but if you really want to be scared check out this gem!"

Sounding familiar???

Of course it sounds familiar. We've all seen it before.

This your new gig the spoiler alert? I am just blown away with the creativity and post value. Do Better!
Post value? Creativity? These are important to you? 😆

Perhaps I should post directions on how to remove that stick from your ass. Of course, it would be extremely difficult for you since you obviously can't find it with both hands.

Post value? Creativity? These are important to you? 😆

Perhaps I should post directions on how to remove that stick from your ass. Of course, it would be extremely difficult for you since you obviously can't find it with both hands.
Glad to see I helped you achieve your full brain function this morning focusing on sticks in asses. I didn't know you even had that much space left over since Trump resides in most of it. Carry on!

Glad to see I helped you achieve your full brain function this morning focusing on sticks in asses. I didn't know you even had that much space left over since Trump resides in most of it. Carry on!
Not sure if it was my post or that stick, but you certainly are butthurt today. You and PT need to go out for a beer together. Remember, it's about wins, not clicks.

I had seen it years ago and forgot all about it. Great flick.
I have the original movie poster (the small ones, more like a modern-day flier) hanging in my office. My mom found it at a garage sale 20 years ago. Northern Indiana pickin' at its best.

If you want more evidence that our forbearers from the '30s and 40's were every bit as politically sophisticated (and jaded) as we are, check out Magic Town, also starring Stewart and directed by Capra.

I have the original movie poster (the small ones, more like a modern-day flier) hanging in my office. My mom found it at a garage sale 20 years ago. Northern Indiana pickin' at its best.

If you want more evidence that our forbearers from the '30s and 40's were every bit as politically sophisticated (and jaded) as we are, check out Magic Town, also starring Stewart and directed by Capra.

Wizard of Oz....
Pure social/politicsl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT