ADVERTISEMENT

Movies, books, tv

Despite Jennifer Connelly starring in it, I only lasted about halfway through episode 2. Wifey is watching it without me.

Reactions: Noodle
Despite Jennifer Connelly starring in it, I only lasted about halfway through episode 2. Wifey is watching it without me.
First episode of the new Gyllenhaal crime drama on AppleTV was good. Doesn't seem like it's going to be anything revolutionary. Just a run of the mill legal drama/ whodunit, but Gyllenhaal can make most things worth watching.

First episode of the new Gyllenhaal crime drama on AppleTV was good. Doesn't seem like it's going to be anything revolutionary. Just a run of the mill legal drama/ whodunit, but Gyllenhaal can make most things worth watching.
It looks really good and I'm a fan of Sarsgaard. I thought they were good together in Jarhead, especially Sarsgaard.

Book by Scott Turow was good. Movie version with Harrison Ford was pretty good, too.

Terry Gilliam of Python fame to start filming a new movie about a standard comedic trope, God wanting to wipe out humanity. Satan, played by Johnny Depp, tries to save humanity as without humanity he is out of a job.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Hit Man on Netflix. Nothing bad wrong with it, but it just wasn't worth the time. Two thumbs down in the trailer park.
I disagree, but I’m a big Linklater fan. It’s not Dazed or even Everybody Wants Some!, but it’s a solid watch. Glen Powell is a real movie star, and Adria Arojna is hotter than the surface of the sun.

Book by Scott Turow was good. Movie version with Harrison Ford was pretty good, too.
I love Scott Turow books. His portrayal of lawyers and cases is awesome. The force if skill and personality matter more than decorum. Not quite underhanded, but pushes the envelope a little.

FWIW, I really don’t like remakes of good original stories. There has never been a good remake as far as I am concerned. Some are awful (magnificent seven). I read they are doing a TV mini series of Day of the Jackal. Ugh.

I love Scott Turow books. His portrayal of lawyers and cases is awesome. The force if skill and personality matter more than decorum. Not quite underhanded, but pushes the envelope a little.

FWIW, I really don’t like remakes of good original stories. There has never been a good remake as far as I am concerned. Some are awful (magnificent seven). I read they are doing a TV mini series of Day of the Jackal. Ugh.
I remember asking you once to assess Turow as a legal writer, and you gave him a good review.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Fool Me Once on Netflix. Another Brit crime drama/thriller. Only two episodes in but I'm truly hooked. The first episode throws a ton of shit at you getting things set up, but the second leveled off and started fleshing things out. Plus, the protagonist is a babe.

Reactions: BradStevens
Fool Me Once on Netflix. Another Brit crime drama/thriller. Only two episodes in but I'm truly hooked. The first episode throws a ton of shit at you getting things set up, but the second leveled off and started fleshing things out. Plus, the protagonist is a babe.
Watched it and loved it. It's an adaptation from a Harlan Coben novel - quite a few of these on Netflix - I suggest watching The Stranger on Netflix - also a Coben adaptation - if you like Fool Me Once, you will like The Stranger

Reactions: UncleMark
I'm with you. I liked the book and thought the Harrison Ford movie was really good. I doubt I will bring myself to watch this after reading book and seeing first movie. What was great about book/movie were all of the twists in the story which I already know

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT