ADVERTISEMENT

Movies, books, tv

Finally caught up on Shogun. It appears to be ending strongly. Last week was especially good.
And that ending...I dunno, man. Lots of good press, but I was underwhelmed. I felt like they were trying to set themselves up to sell a second season more than they were trying to properly end the first one. And the flash forward stuff was too clever by half.

And that ending...I dunno, man. Lots of good press, but I was underwhelmed. I felt like they were trying to set themselves up to sell a second season more than they were trying to properly end the first one. And the flash forward stuff was too clever by half.
I thought the flash forward stuff signaled no sequel. But that part was pretty useless. I liked the last few scenes.

Toranaga is a very ambiguous character.

First episode of Fallout is awesome!
I watched it the other night and it was absolutely bonkers. The wedding scene was insane.

The only thing I knew about the shoe going in other than it being about civilization 200+ years after a nuclear war and people coming out of shelters for the first time. Figured it would be similar to Silo. Boy, was I wrong. Love Walton Goggins, and he seems like a natural fit for his role (though I'm only shortly into episode 2 so I'm still not entirely sure what he is).

Reactions: BradStevens
I watched it the other night and it was absolutely bonkers. The wedding scene was insane.

The only thing I knew about the shoe going in other than it being about civilization 200+ years after a nuclear war and people coming out of shelters for the first time. Figured it would be similar to Silo. Boy, was I wrong. Love Walton Goggins, and he seems like a natural fit for his role (though I'm only shortly into episode 2 so I'm still not entirely sure what he is).
I’m almost done with the season and I think every episode is interesting. Really well done.

Reactions: Noodle

Keep watching. It’s a fun show and Goggins does not disappoint.

Watching Slow Horses on Apple now. It’s been great so far (early in season 2). Gary Oldman is one of my favorite character actors and he is brilliant in the show.
This is like watching a long form version of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

OK, I'm watching that next.
Everything Oldman does is first rate.

Even this character was great.

0BW6KDq.gif

Beware episode 4.
So I have a question already. My memory is powerful for some things and worthless for others. Does Jeremy disclose the actual financial numbers at all? Further is this a challenge- to run a farm profitably without his own additional resources? I’m lost as to why he can’t keep the cows. How much could that cost….

So I have a question already. My memory is powerful for some things and worthless for others. Does Jeremy disclose the actual financial numbers at all? Further is this a challenge- to run a farm profitably without his own additional resources? I’m lost as to why he can’t keep the cows. How much could that cost….

The object is to show what normal farmers have to deal with, dipping into his deep pockets does that. In the prior years he did disclose the profit.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The object is to show what normal farmers have to deal with, dipping into his deep pockets does that. In the prior years he did disclose the profit.
speaking of deep pockets this show is the real deal. real farming obviously. but damn it is as idyllic as it gets. like it's i'm a rich guy and i want a farm that ralph lauren would be envious of replete with two fox red labs, a green range rover, canada goose down, stone farmhouse, lambo tractor....

gov soaks the fun right out of this venture

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
speaking of deep pockets this show is the real deal. real farming obviously. but damn it is as idyllic as it gets. like it's i'm a rich guy and i want a farm that ralph lauren would be envious of replete with two fox red labs, a green range rover, canada goose down, stone farmhouse, lambo tractor....

gov soaks the fun right out of this venture
Did you get through 4?

Thought I'd posted this already, but I guess not.

Did the first 2 episodes of Fallout last night. Thoroughly enjoyed them and can't believe it's based on a video game and not on a book.

The Ghoul is a great character. Not at all familiar with the game but the series is worth your time.
Goggins is kind of like Oldman to a lesser degree. Plays some great characters. The Ghoul is absolutely my favorite character so far.

Loved the Venus van Damme character in Sons of Anarchy. Total riot with the interactions with Tig.

v9W2UPQ.jpeg

Just finished Fallout and I’m in love with that actress that plays Lucy. Big Zoey Deschanel eyes. Such a cutie pie.

Really entertaining series. Never played the game but I was a little bummed by the payoff. The reason for the end of the world is drumroll please…………

Corporate Greed!

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT