ADVERTISEMENT

Moves to #11 in CFPR

Scenarios where #iufb doesn't make NY6:

1) Northwestern beats Ohio State

2a Clemson beats ND, UNC gets Orange Bowl (stealing spot)
2b Bama barely beats Florida
2c Oklahoma barely beats Iowa St
2d Committee refuses to drop UF AND Iowa St below IU

Indiana is the odd man out because PAC-12 gets in ahead or behind us

Note 1) Cincinnati doesn't matter that I can see. They are already ahead of us so the spot is accounted for. If they lose and another G5 gets in we move up a spot and it's a wash.

Note 2) PAC-12 Champion - The inverse is true. Even if they leap frog us they had to get in anyway so if we fall a spot we're still in ranked a spot lower

2a) I think Clemson wins
2b) Not convinced Florida can keep it close enough
2c) Very possible
2d) Guh...at this point it's hard to say for sure they wouldn't

Bottom line still in pretty good position, no need to panic.

LEO

Scenarios where #iufb doesn't make NY6:

1) Northwestern beats Ohio State

2a Clemson beats ND, UNC gets Orange Bowl (stealing spot)
2b Bama barely beats Florida
2c Oklahoma barely beats Iowa St
2d Committee refuses to drop UF AND Iowa St below IU

Indiana is the odd man out because PAC-12 gets in ahead or behind us

Note 1) Cincinnati doesn't matter that I can see. They are already ahead of us so the spot is accounted for. If they lose and another G5 gets in we move up a spot and it's a wash.

Note 2) PAC-12 Champion - The inverse is true. Even if they leap frog us they had to get in anyway so if we fall a spot we're still in ranked a spot lower

2a) I think Clemson wins
2b) Not convinced Florida can keep it close enough
2c) Very possible
2d) Guh...at this point it's hard to say for sure they wouldn't

Bottom line still in pretty good position, no need to panic.

LEO

2a, 2c, and 2d are all highly probable...

#1 is even a very slight possibility (only because the Worthless Nuts KNOW they should win by 60, thus setting themselves up for a major upset (*but NW doesn't have a Penix and a Fryfogle or the blitz package we've got so their chances for the upset are still ultra-slim...)...

Barta and friends will bend over backwards and even do a bit of a contortionist act to find a way to screw us in an attempt to keep the Big Ten pecking order intact... Expect the worst...

Hoosier1Pitt on Twitter mentioned this:

Cincy wins.
Coastal Carolina curb-stomps Louisiana.
CC moves ahead of us.
CFP committee puts two G5 teams in NY6.

What a bitter pill that would be. In this scenario we could move ahead of Florida or Iowa St / Oklahoma and still get hosed. Also how ironic would it be if we got in at the expense of a higher ranked CC team as much as we've been belly-aching about Ohio State (and others) getting preferential treatment?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT