ADVERTISEMENT

Morning, should be a fun day

.Gerdis

All-Big Ten
Dec 10, 2003
good morning. Enjoying some coffee and seeing there isn't anything new to report on Crean. My gut tells me that by this time tomorrow we will have some clarity. In the meantime a few random, but connected, thoughts:

1. Was interesting to see Martin to Missouri. Was Crean offered the job, and if so was he offered the same package? I wonder if there was genuine interest from them in Crean, but that they were hoping to get him for a lot less than they ended up paying Martin?

2. Which brings us to Illinois. Why do I have the feeling that what happens with us is being controlled by Illinois? I wonder if everyone at IU and Missouri assumed Martin to U if I was done, but the Illini are shaking things up by backing up the Brinks? Looks like now they will get one of Archie, Marshall or Bennet. Is that guy going to be their top choice? And if so was he one of ours?

3. Was everyone at IU, or more succinctly Crean and Glass, counting on Missouri landing Crean but then Martin Fell to Missouri? Was Crean in negotiations but they wouldn't meet his price? And if so what do we do now?

Should be a fun day. Not sure what happens to us but sounds like the Illini want to be a top conference team.

Last edited:
Sounds like Crean will be given the boot today. But don't thank Fred. He wanted to keep Crean and pass on Donovan. It took a massive push from the boosters and BOT to get it done. We can only pray that Fred is next on the chopping block.

Sounds like Crean will be given the boot today. But don't thank Fred. He wanted to keep Crean and pass on Donovan. It took a massive push from the boosters and BOT to get it done. We can only pray that Fred is next on the chopping block.

I'd like for you to be correct. Really, I would. I'm just not seeing it.

Certainly needs to happen sometime today. Potential candidates like Miller or Marshall could be eliminated in the next couple of days. If not then i guess we get Illinois leftovers

Sounds like? Where, exactly?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT