ADVERTISEMENT

Moore ready when called upon

Yes. This is indeed the foam lining from the game that lacked silver linings.

I like what Moore can do. If he keeps his feet set on screens and improves his defensive awareness, he can start helping this team. And I have been in favor of him playing for quite a while.

Reactions: snowling
Yes. This is indeed the foam lining from the game that lacked silver linings.

I like what Moore can do. If he keeps his feet set on screens and improves his defensive awareness, he can start helping this team. And I have been in favor of him playing for quite a while.

So, basically, Moore is a defensive liability like McRoberts and Fitz, but at least has the ability to score, rebound, and block shots. Why does it seem like I see McRoberts and Fitz more than Moore?

Reactions: BigMobe
Because you do. Archie doesn't trust Moore but loves playing the other two.

So, basically, Moore is a defensive liability like McRoberts and Fitz, but at least has the ability to score, rebound, and block shots. Why does it seem like I see McRoberts and Fitz more than Moore?

If Moore doesn't perform at a high level, how many games before those that were calling for him to get more PT start saying he's "garbage" and should never see the floor again as they've said about a few others in the team? 1 game? 2 games?

First off, I root for all IU players. However, there are some serious limitations.

Fitz is bringing literally nothing to the table right now. Shooting which is his biggest asset has been off for a long time now. Just not physical enough for defense and rebounding in the Big Ten.

McRoberts is and has been limited even before injury. Not an offensive threat whatsoever. I do respect how hard he plays.

Smith is terribly frustrating. Some posters talk about his 48” vertical and how he doesn’t even know how good he can be. He can’t put the ball on the floor, takes questionable shots as a result, struggles to make an entry pass to the post, seems lackadaisical in defensive transition..... Here are the positives I see for Smith - plays hard in the half court defense, battles on the boards, and cuts well off the ball which results in layups and dunks.

Davis - unfortunately Deron is battling injury and can’t seem to get quite right. I feel bad for him. I think a healthy DD greatly enhances the look of this IU team.

I would like for Moore to get some of the minutes that the before mentioned players get at this time. Especially Fitz’s I know Moore has limitations but the rotation we are going with right now does not seem to be terribly efficient. I wouldn’t mind seeing Forrester get some time as he plays with high energy.

With all that being said Coach Miller lays eyes on the guys 6-7 days a week and knows best what to do with his personnel. I, like a lot of you, love supporting IU hoops and thoroughly enjoy watching IU in person or on TV. It was hard to watch and keep my eyes open the other night against Nebraska.

I know injuries have had a huge impact on the team this year. Good luck to the coaching staff coaching the available players up as much as possible.

Go IU!

If Moore doesn't perform at a high level, how many games before those that were calling for him to get more PT start saying he's "garbage" and should never see the floor again as they've said about a few others in the team? 1 game? 2 games?

I personally don’t expect Moore to be a world beater, but he should get more minutes than McRoberts or Fitz because Moore will be back (well, should be back next year).

Reactions: snowling
Both Forrester and Moore actually score the ball and both are very active around the rim for boards. I simply don't see the downside of working them in.

After a few games, bring Fitzner back and see if he has improved his effort.

i only saw one replay but i thought it was moore who was smoked by palmer for the dunk at the end of the first half against nebraska. no? i thought fitz was help. if correct, moore looked like a mannequin. that would explain why he's not getting any time

i only saw one replay but i thought it was moore who was smoked by palmer for the dunk at the end of the first half against nebraska. no? i thought fitz was help. if correct, moore looked like a mannequin. that would explain why he's not getting any time

That was Fitzner's problem. There was a double stack with the guard coming stright at it and Fitzner was guarding the first of the 2. Phin was a sitting duck on the crossover, then Fitzner failed to hedge to stop the drive and he followed him in for the dunk. If Moore was next then he failed too.

Still, that wasn't as bad as when Glenn Watson dribbled straight to the basket, then took his time getting position on Rob while Smith decided he had more important things to do defensively then stop the guy with the ball under the hoop and he fled. Worst defensive play Ive seen all season in any game.

That was Fitzner's problem. There was a double stack with the guard coming stright at it and Fitzner was guarding the first of the 2. Phin was a sitting duck on the crossover, then Fitzner failed to hedge to stop the drive and he followed him in for the dunk. If Moore was next then he failed too.

Still, that wasn't as bad as when Glenn Watson dribbled straight to the basket, then took his time getting position on Rob while Smith decided he had more important things to do defensively then stop the guy with the ball under the hoop and he fled. Worst defensive play Ive seen all season in any game.
that was a crafty bit of basketball by watson. really schooled phinisee. nothing like senior guards which is why i have little hope for this season

Fitzner subbed in for Moore right before the play....which made absolutely no sense and Palmer made McRoberts and Fitzner his bitches, badly.

I'm an Archie guy but that move made absolutely no sense to me.

Reactions: T.M.P.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT