ADVERTISEMENT

Mockobee

He is proof that football is a team game. Get some good blocking and anyone can look good.

He is proof that football is a team game. Get some good blocking and anyone can look good.
LOL. Sure, just give anybody the ball.

DM is big, athletic, fast, and evasive. He was a state champion in track.

One more big time recruiting whiff from Tom Allen. And from right in his own backyard.

Reactions: midwolfe
I went to school with Devins dad at Boonville, really happy to see him doing so well, just wish IU would have given him an opportunity.

I went to school with Devins dad at Boonville, really happy to see him doing so well, just wish IU would have given him an opportunity.
The word out of Evansville is that he got no looks at RB offers because COVID blew up his ability to go to camps and stuff. I guess he put on a lot of good mass the last two years of HS but he was only being recruited at safety still by everyone except Navy. Brohm just took a flyer on him with a PWO. Cost them nothing so great decision. But it’s in now way like he put he put all of his eggs in that basket. IU should have made the offer in retrospect, but I’m not chalking this one up to some huge miss, because literally no one was giving him a schollie at RB in P5.

LOL. Sure, just give anybody the ball.

DM is big, athletic, fast, and evasive. He was a state champion in track.

One more big time recruiting whiff from Tom Allen. And from right in his own backyard.
Big he is not. Quick, fast and elusive he is.

Absolutely inexcusable that a player like that can come out of southern Indiana without an offer from IU.

Allen focuses too much recruiting attention on SEC leftovers. There are good players in our own backyard. Get them, Tom.
SEC leftovers > B1G scraps

The word out of Evansville is that he got no looks at RB offers because COVID blew up his ability to go to camps and stuff. I guess he put on a lot of good mass the last two years of HS but he was only being recruited at safety still by everyone except Navy. Brohm just took a flyer on him with a PWO. Cost them nothing so great decision. But it’s in now way like he put he put all of his eggs in that basket. IU should have made the offer in retrospect, but I’m not chalking this one up to some huge miss, because literally no one was giving him a schollie at RB in P5.
They clearly didn’t evaluate him well enough - and should have. That’s my point. Yeah, you could say the same about other programs, too. IU wasn’t the only one to miss on him.

But other programs aren’t an hour away. Guys like him are precisely the ones recruiters should be able to identify.

If he’d have gone to school in Indy, he’d have had a slew of offers.

I’d also add about the PWO, if it’s true that DM expressed interest in a PWO at IU and Allen passed, that makes this that much worse.

Because you’re right, it costs a program very little to extend such a thing. In fact, I’m not even really sure what benefits come to a WO with the “P”.

I’d also add about the PWO, if it’s true that DM expressed interest in a PWO at IU and Allen passed, that makes this that much worse.

Because you’re right, it costs a program very little to extend such a thing. In fact, I’m not even really sure what benefits come to a WO with the “P”.
Benefits include training table, etc.

Benefits include training table, etc.
But at their own expense, right?

I’m thinking it just means you make the team without having to go through a tryout. Other than that, it’s just a word that implies some level of desire.

But at their own expense, right?

I’m thinking it just means you make the team without having to go through a tryout. Other than that, it’s just a word that implies some level of desire.
Tuition and housing at their expense. But all else is free and available. Including nutrition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT