ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota was just gifted a win....

Rangeline Fan

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 22, 2007
Ohio lines up for a 53 yard field goal. Minnesota calls a late timeout, center snaps the ball, kicker kicks it. As a result of said kick, referee calls a delay of game on Ohio...thus moving the ball back 5 more yards, making the kick a 58 yarder.

Instead of kicking the 58 yard field goal, it forces Ohio to throw a hail mary...which falls incomplete.

Frank Solich is pissed and I don't blame him.

I was switching around and got back just as they called the delay. How long after the to did they kick? Can't believe they would call that.

They snapped the ball just as the whistle blew...the kicker could have probably pulled up, but it wasn't any different than what you see in any other game, College or NFL.

This goes to show you that college football is very unpredictable. I'm referring to scores and matchups. Minnesota has won 2 very close games to MAC teams in the past week. Someone said that Ohio State would beat us by 70 next week. How many other power-5 would have close games with Western Kentucky? Only us? Why didn't Northwestern dominate Ball State at home? Why is Oregon getting beat by 49 at home?
How did IU hang with Ohio State last year through 3 quarters?
Mysteries of the universe.

This goes to show you that college football is very unpredictable. I'm referring to scores and matchups. Minnesota has won 2 very close games to MAC teams in the past week. Someone said that Ohio State would beat us by 70 next week. How many other power-5 would have close games with Western Kentucky? Only us? Why didn't Northwestern dominate Ball State at home? Why is Oregon getting beat by 49 at home?
How did IU hang with Ohio State last year through 3 quarters?
Mysteries of the universe.

The phrase "Any given Sunday" is beginning to apply more and more to Saturdays as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT