ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Gophers - FRAUDS

I recently learned that the mascot for the flagship institution of the University of Minnesota system, commonly referred to as the Golden Gopher, isn't a Gopher at all. It's a squirrel.

squirrel GIF

I’m not even going to comment on a mascot since we refuse to have one. Actually, the closest we came was 3 weeks ago when we brought out the police dog, Cash, in the IU jersey. Right now, I say let him be our unofficial mascot the rest of the season.

Until we adopt the bison officially…..right now, we appear to be a chair that says “best dressed” with a tag on it that says “Please, no chair throwing.”

il_794xN.5825964473_7jit.jpg

I’m not even going to comment on a mascot since we refuse to have one. Actually, the closest we came was 3 weeks ago when we brought out the police dog, Cash, in the IU jersey. Right now, I say let him be our unofficial mascot the rest of the season.

Until we adopt the bison officially…..right now, we appear to be a chair that says “best dressed” with a tag on it that says “Please, no chair throwing.”

A chair for a mascot. Now that would make for an interesting costume.

So, there is no bison mascot in the Big. Hmmm

Marketing majors - please remain silent. Business loves a vacuum.

I think that dog was named after the late Kieth Cash.

There was a person in some kind of janky bison costume walking around in the concession area beneath the east bleachers two weeks ago.

I assume it's not official, since it never appeared on the field, but it looks like someone is trying to make their bison mascot dream a reality.

I am also trying to do that, but security stopped my live bison at the metal detectors and wouldn't let him in because of "danger" and because they think Ol Chargey is a "wild animal." Such bullshit. I bought him a ticket and everything.

There was a person in some kind of janky bison costume walking around in the concession area beneath the east bleachers two weeks ago.

I assume it's not official, since it never appeared on the field, but it looks like someone is trying to make their bison mascot dream a reality.

I am also trying to do that, but security stopped my live bison at the metal detectors and wouldn't let him in because of "danger" and because they think Ol Chargey is a "wild animal." Such bullshit. I bought him a ticket and everything.

According to my avatar you have a discrimination lawsuit there...

Go over to the Water Cooler and state your case... If you can't find a lawyer there in under 45 seconds you need to edit the title of your post...

Absolutely unconscionable that he wasn't allowed in!

There's a clear precedent here as we've allowed birds, rodents, poisonous nuts, cats, sword wielding kilt wearers, and Pedophile Pete inside in the past... Barring a well intentioned Bison on the premises is obviously discriminatory and should not be tolerated...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13

Probably BCRB in the janky bison costume.

According to my avatar you have a discrimination lawsuit there...

Go over to the Water Cooler and state your case... If you can't find a lawyer there in under 45 seconds you need to edit the title of your post...

Absolutely unconscionable that he wasn't allowed in!

There's a clear precedent here as we've allowed birds, rodents, poisonous nuts, cats, sword wielding kilt wearers, and Pedophile Pete inside in the past... Barring a well intentioned Bison on the premises is obviously discriminatory and should not be tolerated...
It turns out I don't have to go to the water cooler to find a lawyer. My wife was right there next to Ol Chargey and I when they refused him entrance.

She says I don't have a case, and also I'm an idiot for buying a bison off Craigslist.

Ol Chargey has no complaints though.

I think it would be appropriate for Minnesota to officially change their mascot to a squirrel.... I mean, after all, Rocket J. Squirrel is from Frostbite Falls, Minnesota .... or, maybe change their mascot to a moose and call themselves the.... Bullwinkles. But, getting it done through the B1G would be like pulling a rabbit out of hat... that trick never works.

One good thing about our mascot situation this Year. For the first time in years, I am not suggesting that We name the possum as our School mascot because We play dead at home and get killed on the road.

I think it would be appropriate for Minnesota to officially change their mascot to a squirrel.... I mean, after all, Rocket J. Squirrel is from Frostbite Falls, Minnesota .... or, maybe change their mascot to a moose and call themselves the.... Bullwinkles. But, getting it done through the B1G would be like pulling a rabbit out of hat... that trick never works.
I think he's the mascot of Whatsamatta U

A Bison mascot named Chargey would be great and I bet extremely well received by the fans.
His name is Ol' Chargey. His son is Chargey and his grandson is Lil Chargey.

But seriously, there are tons of awesome names for a real bison if we got one. Chargey, Stompy, Stampy, Bisony McBisonface, Stomper, Nick, Axel (bc the seal has an axe too), Loggy, Huffer, Puffer, Al Gore,

It goes on and on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT