ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Penix leading the nation in passing yards per game.

Bad luck for us! He leaves Indiana and suddenly remembered how to play quarterback again.
He’s the quarterback he always was with some additional development due to time and good coaching. struggled because of our coaching and line play. He may be made of glass, but glass is easily broken when your line is ass.

It’s called line protection! I saw a few highlights and he has a clean 3-second window to throw so of course he can do his thing. I never thought he wasn’t good I think he had QB PTSD playing behind Hiller OL!
This made me lol and it is true. Penix is good but if you are always running for your life or getting pounded to the ground, you don't last long.

He’s put up big numbers, but he really hasn’t made critical throws the past 2 weeks to help his team win.
I agree that is a point I made in another thread. I think someone's response was he never was behind. I had not realized he was undefeated. I did then remember he made some plays late against Penn State. The last drive was spectacular.

This made me lol and it is true. Penix is good but if you are always running for your life or getting pounded to the ground, you don't last long.
Our OL was a mess and did him no favors, but MP is not the most durable guy out there. His second knee blowout came at the end of a 21-yard run against Maryland. As he ran out of bounds, he just went down. No contact.

That said, he has now made it past Game 6 for the first time in his college career and I hope he's able to stay healthy. His team, unfortunately, has fallen back to earth after their fast start.

Reactions: IUCX9
Our OL was a mess and did him no favors, but MP is not the most durable guy out there. His second knee blowout came at the end of a 21-yard run against Maryland. As he ran out of bounds, he just went down. No contact.

That said, he has now made it past Game 6 for the first time in his college career and I hope he's able to stay healthy. His team, unfortunately, has fallen back to earth after their fast start.
He deserves a full healthy season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT