ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Lindauer QB

fpeaugh

All-American
Sep 19, 2001
I heard from a friend in Evansville IU has gotten very involved here. He’s an Evansville Memorial kid committed to Southern Illinois.

I heard Cincinnati likely offering as well very soon.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I had the impression that CTA wants dual threat QBs like Pennix. Lindauer is a pro style QB.

Also, I would expect IU to be looking for players that are P5 type players. Not getting that impression here.

Reactions: td75
It’s tough to recruit a top QB with a 4 year starter, Penix, about to take over. From what I saw online, this guy looks like a great backup that will have no pressure on him to learn and get better. Then as a 5th year senior he can start for a year and win a bucket.

Reactions: G-Room05
I am not a football talent evaluator, but what about that rb from Warren Central. I know he is committed to SIU too.

I know he is small, but he was a big play waiting to happen. Obviously couldn't be an every down back in the BIG, but someone you could get 10 or 12 touches a game in space and see what happens.

I could be way off on this accessment, just wanted thoughts on him from someone smarter than I am.

I am not a football talent evaluator, but what about that rb from Warren Central. I know he is committed to SIU too.

I know he is small, but he was a big play waiting to happen. Obviously couldn't be an every down back in the BIG, but someone you could get 10 or 12 touches a game in space and see what happens.

I could be way off on this accessment, just wanted thoughts on him from someone smarter than I am.

Think I remember Ball St or ISU having a small back and he was dynamite. THhis Warren RB was consistently strong all year and think if he were 5’10 he’d be 3-4 star. We seem good in this area but if taking more backs, I too wondered this year: could this kid be being overlooked?

Lindauer looks pretty solid. I’d point out that in his film he shows some mobility, so I wouldn’t call him a typical pro style guy. He doesn’t appear to be any less mobile than Ramsey. What could make him a P5 guy is that he can throw the ball vertically down the field with accuracy (something we don’t have). But the issue is that all he seems to be able to do is throw the ball vertically down the field. They didn’t ask him to throw many intermediate routes, so he is an unknown when it comes to being a complete QB. He also throws a lot of passes up for grabs that will get picked here.

I wouldn’t mind if they offer him because he shows enough potential to be a P5 guy. And like I said, he can throw the ball down the field which is something IU needs. But if they don’t offer him and can manage to get a more proven guy, or a Juco guy (who actually has good technique unlike Lagow) then I think that could be a better route.

The big recruit to me that I mentioned a few weeks ago is Dewand Jones from Ben Davis. A few weeks ago he had no big time offers, but after a solid senior season he has some power 5 offers now. People came on quickly. The good news is that I think IU was one of the first power 5 schools to offer him, and that could get us into his good graces. He has the makings of an NFL guy it looks like and he’s comparable to Trent Brown of the Patriots with that 6’8” 350 pound frame that can move. If IU can add him to the roster it’ll pay off in about 3 years. Caleb Jones at one tackle and Dewand Jones at the other tackle in three years would give IU a Wisconsin looking line.

Caleb Shaffer from Carmel and Porter Haught from Homestead are two MAC guys I’d like to see IU swoop up. They look like diamonds in the rough who could play guard or tackle. Shaffer is the more impressive of the two and has a high football IQ. Rarely makes mistake and knows how to pass off lineman on blitzes. He’s the time of offensive lineman IU could use right now. If IU were able to get Dewand Jones, Shaffer and possibly Haught that would pay off in 2-3 years, to go along with Caleb Jones and some of the young talent already on the roster. It’d be nice to see CTA get some of these under the radar Indiana guys and develop them, similar to what Wisconsin does. The myth that it’s impossible to recruit in Indiana would be put to rest because these are mostly MAC guys who are under the radar. Purdue and Notre Dame won’t be offering these guys.

Last edited:
Think I remember Ball St or ISU having a small back and he was dynamite. THhis Warren RB was consistently strong all year and think if he were 5’10 he’d be 3-4 star. We seem good in this area but if taking more backs, I too wondered this year: could this kid be being overlooked?
Are you thinking of Miquale Lewis (I know that isn't spelled right)

I agree with you in that comp. Just feels like that kid you see blowing it up wondering how we missed out.

Lindauer looks pretty solid. I’d point out that in his film he shows some mobility, so I wouldn’t call him a typical pro style guy. He doesn’t appear to be any less mobile than Ramsey. What could make him a P5 guy is that he can throw the ball vertically down the field with accuracy (something we don’t have). But the issue is that all he seems to be able to do is throw the ball vertically down the field. They didn’t ask him to throw many intermediate routes, so he is an unknown when it comes to being a complete QB. He also throws a lot of passes up for grabs that will get picked here.

I wouldn’t mind if they offer him because he shows enough potential to be a P5 guy. And like I said, he can throw the ball down the field which is something IU needs. But if they don’t offer him and can manage to get a more proven guy, or a Juco guy (who actually has good technique unlike Lagow) then I think that could be a better route.

The big recruit to me that I mentioned a few weeks ago is Dewand Jones from Ben Davis. A few weeks ago he had no big time offers, but after a solid senior season he has some power 5 offers now. People came on quickly. The good news is that I think IU was one of the first power 5 schools to offer him, and that could get us into his good graces. He has the makings of an NFL guy it looks like and he’s comparable to Trent Brown of the Patriots with that 6’8” 350 pound frame that can move. If IU can add him to the roster it’ll pay off in about 3 years. Caleb Jones at one tackle and Dewand Jones at the other tackle in three years would give IU a Wisconsin looking line.

Caleb Shaffer from Carmel and Porter Haught from Homestead are two MAC guys I’d like to see IU swoop up. They look like diamonds in the rough who could play guard or tackle. Shaffer is the more impressive of the two and has a high football IQ. Rarely makes mistake and knows how to pass off lineman on blitzes. He’s the time of offensive lineman IU could use right now. If IU were able to get Dewand Jones, Shaffer and possibly Haught that would pay off in 2-3 years, to go along with Caleb Jones and some of the young talent already on the roster. It’d be nice to see CTA get some of these under the radar Indiana guys and develop them, similar to what Wisconsin does. The myth that it’s impossible to recruit in Indiana would be put to rest because these are mostly MAC guys who are under the radar. Purdue and Notre Dame won’t be offering these guys.
how do you know so much about high school players? are you breaking down film? wow. in any event, appreciate your insight.

btw, i told you last week mccarthy would be available. see? i'm close with mark murphy

route.

The big recruit to me that I mentioned a few weeks ago is Dewand Jones from Ben Davis. A few weeks ago he had no big time offers, but after a solid senior season he has some power 5 offers now. People came on quickly.

He's got all kinds of offers. Michigan, USC, Oregon and FSU are a few

But maybe our secret weapon will be ex-teammate Reese Taylor helping recruit him to IU?
I think so. And the ties that Allen has to Ben Davis. Combine that with the fact that his recruiting only picked up recently (although rapidly) and the fact that we were one of the first power 5’s to notice him... Those factors give IU a chance.

We just added another athlete today. He and Caleb could be potential OL bookends! Hope so.

I think so. And the ties that Allen has to Ben Davis. Combine that with the fact that his recruiting only picked up recently (although rapidly) and the fact that we were one of the first power 5’s to notice him... Those factors give IU a chance.
We are not going to get Dewand

Reactions: Superstar84b

I believe you're thinking of Shakir Bell who was a finalist for the Div IAA Heisman at Indiana State and a real pain in our backside.

Reactions: IndyIUFan66
I believe you're thinking of Shakir Bell who was a finalist for the Div IAA Heisman at Indiana State and a real pain in our backside.
Forgot about him, he was an absolute stud.

If I remember correctly, Hazel and Purdue only beat ISU by a TD the following week. If Bell had played that game is a different result.

Shakir Bell it was and the Warren RB this year was small but super mighty. Very consistent big play threat wore teams down and had a dynamite year. Seems like he could or should have gotten noticed by some bigger programs who may have been checking out David Bell?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT