ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Soccer Moves Up in Rankings With Wins

usfc

Freshman
Feb 11, 2008
After defeating Louisville 3-0 and Ohio State 2-1, the IU Men's Soccer team moved from #9 to #4 in the TopDrawerSoccer Men's DI Top 25!

TDS Men's Top 25

Syracuse? really?

When did the Orange ever have a good soccer team? That was a real surprise. Anyway, Maryland and Notre Dame are coming up for the Hoosiers. Two more huge tests.

Also nice to see so many "mid major" schools can put high level soccer teams out there. Unlike football or basketball where all the big schools dominate.

Great to see!

Agree that it's nice to see smaller/mid-major type schools in the mix. NCAA Soccer has always had that parity (recent years we've had UCSB and Akron win titles....Charlotte and Creighton have been runner-up...etc).

Great to see Indiana back in the top 10 of the nation, where we belong! Can't wait for the ND game...wish it weren't a weekday game and I could get down there for that one.

small schools can be powerhouses in soccer because of foreign

Kids. There are a handful of naia schools capable of winning the D1 championship. Soccer doesnt translate to majors and midmajors like hoops and I believe it's because of the influence of foreign kids

If only Evansville could back there too

I grew up watching the Purple Aces in the 80s/early 90s. They had some incredible teams for such a small school. Remember them knocking off IU one year to advance to the Final 4/College Cup.

evansville LOL

Not sure why they disappeared but I remember those teams well. They were indeed very strong. Tim Ernst etc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT