ADVERTISEMENT

McCulley in the portal per Twitter nt

#5, Keyshawn Williams was running that route on the 2nd INT. Agree a lazy route.

EJ Williams #7, who was pretty effective last year late in the season, may be moving up a spot with McCulley departure.
Cooper is looking like a real beast. Sarratt showing he can get open, and often. Price is productive. And Cross shows flashes of that connection with Rourke.

Yeah, we're good.

I really thought McCulley's height and talent and reach, were going to be a positive factor when we met the toughest teams loaded with great DBs. Helpful in that red zone. And they were already using him there. Shame.

You probably think IU makes more revenue from football than basketball.
In fact they do. IU makes more money from football than basketball. Fact.
And, I don’t believe that a single P4 university has their basketball program bringing in more than their football program. This has been released every year when the public universities release their fiscal reports. IU has made more revenue from football even during the worst of the worst seasons.

Who would transfer on this team after the start we have had? Only ONE type of player. A player that puts himself over the team. Good riddance. Go be the man at some other 3-9 team. Purdue needs help.
I don't know. I was bummed to hear it as I think there are situations he'll be miseed. But look at it from his perspective. He's relatively new at receiver and has the size to potentially play at the next level. He needs the reps. He's not getting utilized like he'd like to this season and if he quits now this season won't count against his eligibility. It's all business now, they aren't playing for the glory of ol' IU. The only rule in "college" sports anymore is you can only play for 4 seasons - might as well make the most of them.

In fact they do. IU makes more money from football than basketball. Fact.
And, I don’t believe that a single P4 university has their basketball program bringing in more than their football program. This has been released every year when the public universities release their fiscal reports. IU has made more revenue from football even during the worst of the worst seasons.

If you read Indy1203's post he's referring to the NCAA, as an organization, not the conferences or individual schools.

So Indy1203 is correct.

The NCAA has no direct involvement in the operation of the Bowl Subdivision, and the College Football Playoff.

The College Football Playoff is owned jointly by all FBS conferences plus Notre Dame, rather than by the NCAA.

The money that comes from the College Football Playoffs goes directly to all the conferences and schools that participate.....

In 2023 the CFP distributed more than $750 Million in Bowl Revenue.
In 2024 that number is expected to be $1.3 billion..... and NONE of that goes to the NCAA.

The NCAA made $929 million from media rights in fiscal 2023. ..... About 94% of that total came from its men’s basketball tournament.

So, the men's basketball tournament and the media rights surrounding it is the NCAA's real cash cow.... not football.

So why would the NCAA care as much about football as it would basketball... especially when it's clear the NCAA will never again control college football at the highest level.

But, it is football that pumps the money for individual schools and conferences.

If you read Indy1203's post he's referring to the NCAA, as an organization, not the conferences or individual schools.

So Indy1203 is correct.

The NCAA has no direct involvement in the operation of the Bowl Subdivision, and the College Football Playoff.

The College Football Playoff is owned jointly by all FBS conferences plus Notre Dame, rather than by the NCAA.

The money that comes from the College Football Playoffs goes directly to all the conferences and schools that participate.....

In 2023 the CFP distributed more than $750 Million in Bowl Revenue.
In 2024 that number is expected to be $1.3 billion..... and NONE of that goes to the NCAA.

The NCAA made $929 million from media rights in fiscal 2023. ..... About 94% of that total came from its men’s basketball tournament.

So, the men's basketball tournament and the media rights surrounding it is the NCAA's real cash cow.... not football.

So why would the NCAA care as much about football as it would basketball... especially when it's clear the NCAA will never again control college football at the highest level.

But, it is football that pumps the money for individual schools and conferences.
^^^This^^^

Reactions: red hornet
I just saw an interview with Lincoln Riley, USC Coach, Who is dealing with this issue with one or more Players. His solution is to provide everybody with 5 years of eligibility, and only allow a redshirt in the event a player loses all or most of a season due to injury. This gets rid of these 4 game transfers that are taking place now. Remember, We are also reaching the point where there should be fewer Players in the transfer portal because We care getting beyond the point of having Players Who were entitled to the bonus COVID Year.

This would also get rid of the stupid application of the 4 year rule as it applies ton Bowl games. If You develop late in Your first Year and help your team in 4 regular season games to reach a bowl game, You can't play in the Bowl Game without losing that red shirt year. One of the Players Riley is dealing with Just transferred from Georgia before the start of this Season. There should be a rule that forces You to spend one year at the School to which You have transferred. Maybe it should be that You can't transfer to another School until the School Year for you current School ends. This would prevent the mercenaries spending short times at Schools and transferring at mid-year.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
I just saw an interview with Lincoln Riley, USC Coach, Who is dealing with this issue with one or more Players. His solution is to provide everybody with 5 years of eligibility, and only allow a redshirt in the event a player loses all or most of a season due to injury. This gets rid of these 4 game transfers that are taking place now. Remember, We are also reaching the point where there should be fewer Players in the transfer portal because We care getting beyond the point of having Players Who were entitled to the bonus COVID Year.

This would also get rid of the stupid application of the 4 year rule as it applies ton Bowl games. If You develop late in Your first Year and help your team in 4 regular season games to reach a bowl game, You can't play in the Bowl Game without losing that red shirt year. One of the Players Riley is dealing with Just transferred from Georgia before the start of this Season. There should be a rule that forces You to spend one year at the School to which You have transferred. Maybe it should be that You can't transfer to another School until the School Year for you current School ends. This would prevent the mercenaries spending short times at Schools and transferring at mid-year.
They can't transfer or officially enter the portal until December anyway. The 5 year rule would help, but beyond that, none of these guys are leaving now to go to another school. THey might drop out of their current school (if they're stupid), but mostly they're just stopping playing, finishing their semester as a student and then leaving for the next semester.

Donaven is a very good WR and he likely just wants to transfer to a school where he can see the field more often. Playing time, money, both . . . it is all speculation at this point. IU fans certainly are not accustomed to having a team with so many options a guy like DM is sitting the bench most of the game. I'm a big DM fan, I wish him well, and I thank him for being one of the few bright spots on the team last season. DM is moving on and so is the IU football program; onward and upward. Go IU !

Donaven is a very good WR and he likely just wants to transfer to a school where he can see the field more often. Playing time, money, both . . . it is all speculation at this point. IU fans certainly are not accustomed to having a team with so many options a guy like DM is sitting the bench most of the game. I'm a big DM fan, I wish him well, and I thank him for being one of the few bright spots on the team last season. DM is moving on and so is the IU football program; onward and upward. Go IU !
100%.

Maybe he SHOULD stick it out, show his competitiveness, and earn more PT. But that's really easy for me to say without any skin in the game. He's got exactly two ways to make money playing football. One is in college with NIL, the other is in the NFL. Transferring is going to give him one more chance for the former and not have to take the gamble (that he's apparently losing at IU from not seeing the field) on the latter.

And it's not exactly chump change we're talking about. It's not outside the realm of possibility that a kid getting good advice in college could come out of school with no doubt and enough money to buy a house outright or at least have a hell of a down payment. That's miles ahead of most in their cohort.

Maybe he wants to follow Brendan to Cincy. We’ve seen a lot of guys transfer for more playing time and rarely has it worked out for them. Other than Ty Wise…what non starter has found success outside of IU?

Williams needs to learn how to run patterns correctly. That second interception was on Him. Instead of squaring at a 90 degree angle and forcing the defender to work through his body to get to the ball, he 'rounded" the pattern and took it upfield thereby creating the space for the Defender to undercut and intercept. I noticed immediately when I saw the play live, and Jake Butt made the same comment upon seeing the replay.
Isn't a great feeling to know it will be addressed and taken care of by this staff. Things like that will not be tolerated. Certainly different than in years past. GoHoosiers

well-bye-later.gif

I don't think so.
The college sports governing body generates and keeps almost all of its revenue from the annual Division I Men's Basketball Tournament. The NCAA March Madness basketball tournament is responsible for most of the organization's revenue.Mar 18, 2024, from a simple google search.

I can envision how this conversation took place:

DMc: Coach, after a lot of thought and prayer (including heart to heart talks with my daddy), I've decided to hit the portal.

CCC: Leave your key card over on that desk.

Reactions: OpenWheels
Why limit eligibility to 4/5 years? That's the last rule left.

Imagine if they ran the NFL like this - one year contracts, no draft, just a free for all each year. The teams (nor the league) didn't set the salaries or the salary pool, but their top boosters did instead. Wouldn't be long before smaller market teams start dropping out. I'm guessing we'll start seeing that the college world too.

The NCAA and CFBall may be close to a separation! The B10 and SEC heads are all meeting together sometime soon to talk about the future of the CFP and may join together to form a new league based on fixing all these $$$ issues the NCAA has created. I’m all for a new creation of a NFL developmental type of league! There is no need to separate student from athlete, let them still go to school, but get rid of their athletic schollys!

The college sports governing body generates and keeps almost all of its revenue from the annual Division I Men's Basketball Tournament. The NCAA March Madness basketball tournament is responsible for most of the organization's revenue.Mar 18, 2024, from a simple google search.
That’s because the BCS left and took football tourney revenues with them.

The SCHOOLS still make football money, but the NCAA has to live off of March Madness.

For now …

The failure to anticipate and control the NIL disaster proved the NCAA overtook the UN as the most ineffective organization on the planet!

Reactions: Spartans9312
The NCAA and CFBall may be close to a separation! The B10 and SEC heads are all meeting together sometime soon to talk about the future of the CFP and may join together to form a new league based on fixing all these $$$ issues the NCAA has created. I’m all for a new creation of a NFL developmental type of league! There is no need to separate student from athlete, let them still go to school, but get rid of their athletic schollys!
Title IX has entered the chat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT