ADVERTISEMENT

McCulley in the portal per Twitter nt

The receiver room will be fine. EJ Williams slots into his role nicely and even without McCulley + EJ Williams the room has been crushing.

And this probably makes sense from his perspective as a business decision. He has day 2 pick upside if he can string together a good season and he's tracking towards UDFA with his snap share as it currently stands. I don't fault him for doing it, but it's so deeply disappointing that this is the new normal.

Also in all likelihood one our five highest paid NIL players. NIL is simply not sustainable. Enforceability is the next shoe to drop.

The receiver room will be fine. EJ Williams slots into his role nicely and even without McCulley + EJ Williams the room has been crushing.

And this probably makes sense from his perspective as a business decision. He has day 2 pick upside if he can string together a good season and he's tracking towards UDFA with his snap share as it currently stands. I don't fault him for doing it, but it's so deeply disappointing that this is the new normal.

Also in all likelihood one our five highest paid NIL players. NIL is simply not sustainable. Enforceability is the next shoe to drop.
Who is to say that EJ won't do the same thing?

Reactions: red hornet
Great potential but he didn't put in the effort Cig wanted. Even got called out in public. Looks like people need to work hard to play here. Nice to have a coach with standards. Go Hoosiers!

How did you know that? Just curious if you have some inside sources that mention things here and there.

I don't begrudge players leaving because they don't like new coaches, or they don't get playing time. I don't tend to look at those situations as players not putting in work or lacking competitiveness, etc. I look at it as players want to play. Period. I might want them to stay and "compete" or "earn time" but that's just a selfish fan's perspective. The kid transfers out and hopefully finds his level and gets to play somewhere.

If a kid has bad habits or doesn't work hard or doesn't listen then that will shake out eventually, too.

My son was on a very good basketball team as the 6th man (I thought he was better than that, but whatever). He went through stretches where he hardly played at all. Eventually he asked if he could drop down to the B team just so that he could play and have fun. His request was denied, but he did wind up playing more and playing well. But the point is for a lot of kids they just want to get out there.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
IMO, it is F up to have the portal open in the MIDDLE of a season!
You are on a team, probably taken $$ so stick it out until after the season.
It doesn’t matter when the portal opens. He could have declared his intention to quit the team even if the portal wasn’t open yet. The problem here is the red shirt rule. You should not be allowed to quit on your team using the desire to maintain your redshirt eligibility as justification. It’s an easy fix.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT