ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland is beatable

Purdue showed the way, contain the run and force their QB to beat you in the air. I think IU's D matches up nicely.

Plus, it is at IU.
Oh to still have that optimism! Sadly I fee the OL / Offensive woes are now demoralizing the defense, and that’s how the wheels start to come off.

I would LOVE for an IU win and frankly think they could have won today with a more balance team effort.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Purdue put 31 on MD at MD. While I realize Purdue and IU are different teams, I think IU can use quick short passes (mainly as it was pointed the OL requires it) and take what MD gives them over the middle.

Purdue put 31 on MD at MD. While I realize Purdue and IU are different teams, I think IU can use quick short passes (mainly as it was pointed the OL requires it) and take what MD gives them over the middle.
You must be very young

A year ago, PUR put 44 on us. Their offense is better.

And it’s not like PUR beat MD 31-7. MD scored 29 on them.

MD isn’t IDHO. Anyone who has a pulse offensively we’re going to struggle with. And hell, even IDHO put up 22 on us.

IU will not beat Maryland or anyone the rest of the year.
But hey 3-9 will get Tommy a 5 year extension

Reactions: kmathum
we have four winnable games left. i'm not optimistic, but we'll see what happens.
I’m assuming you’re thinking Rutgers, Maryland, Michigan St and Purdue? I’ll love the optimism but we’ll be lucky to win two of those.

IU can't use quick short passes for anything.

We won 9 games last year and are in a good position to repeat that this year. If you're looking for a team comparable with iu I'd go with northwestern.

Unless he tells the OC to slow the offense down and quit putting the defense in a bind. I thought when he talked to NFL coaches about only using hurry up in streaks not all the time as defenses catch up if you use it all the time. IU's defense would be much better if the offense didn't lead the nation in how quickly the ball is snapped. The offense is the source of the defensive problems because it brings them on the field too quickly and tell coach Wilts we won't need so many, 30 rotating in the defense, rotating on the defense.

If I were coach Allen I would tell coach Bell to slow the offense down except very occasionally. He needs to do this now and let coach Hiller go after this season. If he doesn't tell Coach Bell to slow the offense down the defense will wear down.

Unless he tells the OC to slow the offense down and quit putting the defense in a bind. I thought when he talked to NFL coaches about only using hurry up in streaks not all the time as defenses catch up if you use it all the time. IU's defense would be much better if the offense didn't lead the nation in how quickly the ball is snapped. The offense is the source of the defensive problems because it brings them on the field too quickly and tell coach Wilts we won't need so many, 30 rotating in the defense, rotating on the defense.

If I were coach Allen I would tell coach Bell to slow the offense down except very occasionally. He needs to do this now and let coach Hiller go after this season. If he doesn't tell Coach Bell to slow the offense down the defense will wear down.
The problem is that tempo is the only time today (and in previous games) when we’ve been able to generate offense and get the D on their heels. Michigan was clearly having trouble with the pace and personnel moves, and we moved the ball as a result. Slowing it down to protect the D may produce unintended results that don’t help us a bit.

We won 9 games last year and are in a good position to repeat that this year. If you're looking for a team comparable with iu I'd go with northwestern.
Yeah thanks to the soft BIG West schedule. Might even win that crap division and then get slaughtered by the East winner.

Reactions: indiana ed
The problem is that tempo is the only time today (and in previous games) when we’ve been able to generate offense and get the D on their heels. Michigan was clearly having trouble with the pace and personnel moves, and we moved the ball as a result. Slowing it down to protect the D may produce unintended results that don’t help us a bit.
And that's the other side of the coin. Because We don't have big play capability, particularly the ability to break long runs it takes that many plays to move the ball. And then the problem becomes it takes you so many plays to run a successful drive of any distance, The more plays You are required to run, the more opportunity for errors to stop a drive (penalties, losses on plays, fumbles, interceptions). It doesn't matter how fast We run plays or how many We run if We average less than 4 yards per play.

I still hold out hopes for Rutgers or MSU as possible wins. I don't think both will be wins but one never knows. I lean more towards Rutgers than MSU. After a couple of beat down weeks leading up to MSU, IU may have given up or be beaten up enough to just be mailing it in.

You clowns should win 9 with that hostess schedule
Let's review that hostess schedule of yours. Using this week's AP rankings, Purdue's schedule has played or will play two ranked teams (PSU #10 & Syracuse #22), one that was ranked the previous week and is presently receiving votes (Minnesota) and two teams that are receiving votes (Maryland & Illinois.) Add in Wisconsin, which was ranked preseason (#18) and Iowa which is always a difficult team. Don't forget Nebraska which recently beat IU.

As usual, you are posting while demonstrating opinion based upon clouded vision and a great lack of knowledge.

Last edited:
I still hold out hopes for Rutgers or MSU as possible wins. I don't think both will be wins but one never knows. I lean more towards Rutgers than MSU. After a couple of beat down weeks leading up to MSU, IU may have given up or be beaten up enough to just be mailing it in.
It’s the “wheels are coming off, knowing our offense can’t score, demoralized feeling that sets in” that hurts our future chances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT