ADVERTISEMENT

Man attends funeral of brother killed by a snake - then is bitten by one himself and dies

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot

Man attends funeral of brother killed by a snake - then is bitten by one himself and dies

Govind Mishra, 22, travelled 50 miles to the village holding his brother's funeral but was fatally attacked by a snake while he slept a matter of hours after the service

0_man-dies-after-snake-bite.jpg

Just four snake species are responsible for around 90% of all snakebites in India

n an unusual coincidence, a man died from a snakebite after travelling to attend his brother's funeral - who had been killed by another snake only days before.

Govind Mishra, 22, was fatally attacked in his sleep by the reptile after making a long journey to his elder sibling's last rites in Bhawanipur village in India.

His brother, 38-year-old Arvind Mishra, died last Tuesday and his funeral was held a day later on Wednesday, reports Indian news agency PTI.

Police confirmed Govind's death on Thursday in an incident that also saw another family member bitten while sleeping in the same property.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wonder if the original snake outsourced the job to the 2nd snake to finish off the family/project.

Reactions: cosmickid

Govind Mishra, 22, travelled 50 miles to the village holding his brother's funeral but was fatally attacked by a snake while he slept a matter of hours after the service

Just four snake species are responsible for around 90% of all snakebites in India

n an unusual coincidence, a man died from a snakebite after travelling to attend his brother's funeral - who had been killed by another snake only days before.

Govind Mishra, 22, was fatally attacked in his sleep by the reptile after making a long journey to his elder sibling's last rites in Bhawanipur village in India.

His brother, 38-year-old Arvind Mishra, died last Tuesday and his funeral was held a day later on Wednesday, reports Indian news agency PTI.

Police confirmed Govind's death on Thursday in an incident that also saw another family member bitten while sleeping in the same property.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wonder if the original snake outsourced the job to the 2nd snake to finish off the family/project.
What’s snakes like in Penang?

I know people don't read books any more, but there's a movie about this shit and how to solve the snake problem.

dDEYo4Q.jpg

Nobody reads Kipling anymore. If they did, there would be no more deaths by snakebite in India and Afghanistan would never be invaded.

No trains on that island, hey?
Train to the northern town that's on the mainland then I either catch a cab or ferry across.
I may just drive. It's like 6-7hrs non stop. But need to catch a lull in the border crossing traffic period. Think it's like 800,000 vehicles cross the bridges from SG to Malaysia is every day. Not keen on being stuck in the highway fr 2-3hrs just to cross into immigration.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Train to the northern town that's on the mainland then I either catch a cab or ferry across.
I may just drive. It's like 6-7hrs non stop. But need to catch a lull in the border crossing traffic period. Think it's like 800,000 vehicles cross the bridges from SG to Malaysia is every day. Not keen on being stuck in the highway fr 2-3hrs just to cross into immigration.
So you’re in Singapore right now, then?

Sorry, I’m trying to get caught up on your life by reading all past posts, but it’s gonna take some time.

Very sad story. When I was a kid Rikki Tikki Tavi was a hero of mine. He knew what to do with snakes.

Yes. Been here for quite a while now.
Looking at a map, you’ve got the green, red, purple, orange lines … are those subways? Partially elevated? Do many people own cars there? Seems like it might be astronomically expensive to have one in such a crowded place.

Thanks in advance. The chances I’ll ever make it as far west again as even Texas seem slimmer by the year.

Looking at a map, you’ve got the green, red, purple, orange lines … are those subways? Partially elevated? Do many people own cars there? Seems like it might be astronomically expensive to have one in such a crowded place.

Thanks in advance. The chances I’ll ever make it as far west again as even Texas seem slimmer by the year.

Yeap they are driverless subway trains running at like 150-400ft below ground for most parts, -- will only be above ground in parts when they are closer to the suburbs. Then they have driverless light rail trains that loop around some neighbourhoods. I think the idea is that there will be a subway station every 400 metres from anyone's home.

Its an expensive place though -- my NYC sister complains every time she visits about how expensive it is.

But its a place where everything works and works on time.

Cars are the most expensive in the world -- they are taxed 150% on importing and then there are other taxes -- like entering the CBD etc.

Its ultra safe -- where you can see women jogging in their 2 piece lycra outfits at 9-10 pm in the park. Maybe less so going forward as I can a few of the AOTFers perving soon.

Its the Israel of the SE Asian world in that they have the strongest military in the region. Surrounded by 200million Muslims.

But its a fantastic place to live as its so central. I can drive across to Malaysia, a 3rd world country for cheap golf. An hour's flight north into Thailand where the food, language, religion and culture is very different.

An hour & half west and I am in Indonesia, different language, religion, and culture to SG and Thailand. Then 4 hours flight south and I will be in Perth Australia where its common for people to do weekend trips.

My main gripe is that ist expensive and that its feckin' hot -- global warming has just made it more unbearable.
But the fantastic gov't here had anticipated this 20yrs ago. A lot of activities are both above and below ground. Shopping centres could be 3-6 floors underneath as well as above. The buildings are all interconnected below and then you can walk to the subways from building to building in aircon.

I could never live back in the States anymore. i would be an annoying bastard by complaining about everything and why it doesn't work. Like dealing with a 3rd world nation.
Plus I would be so fearful of life with all the violent crimes everywhere. If we have one murder here, it's a big deal. Will be front page news for weeks.
People are whiney about the stress of living here but they are so divided.
You don't need to walk on eggshells all the time ... well I have been told by Singaporeans to feck off back to where I came from a few times though. But I think that's just me.

I am sure when I move North, it will be the same. It will be my badge of honour.

Last edited:
Yeap they are driverless subway trains for most parts, running at like 100-200ft below ground -- will only be above ground in parts when they are closer to the suburbs.

Its an expensive place -- my NYC sister complains every time she visits about how expensive it is.
But its a place where everything works and works on time.

Cars are the most expensive in the world -- they are taxed 150% on importing and then there are other taxes -- like entering the CBD etc.

Its ultra safe -- where you can see women jogging in their 2 piece lycra outfits at 9-10 pm in the park. Maybe less so going forward as I can a few of the AOTFers perving soon.

Its the Israel of the SE Asian world in that they have the strongest military in the region. Surrounded by 200million Muslims.

But its a fantastic place to live as its so central. I can drive across to Malaysia, a 3rd world country for cheap golf. An hour's flight north into Thailand where the food, language, religion and culture is very different.

An hour & half west and I am in Indonesia, different language, religion, and culture to SG and Thailand. Then 4 hours flight south and I will be in Perth Australia where its common for people to do weekend trips.

My main gripe is that ist expensive and that its feckin' hot -- global warming has just made it more unbearable.
But the fantastic gov't here had anticipated this 20yrs ago. A lot of activities are both above and below ground. Shopping centres could be 3-6 floors underneath as well as above. The buildings are all interconnected below and then you can walk to the subways from building to building in aircon.

I could never live back in the States anymore. i would be an annoying bastard by complaining about everything and why it doesn't work. Like dealing with a 3rd world nation.
Plus I would be so fearful of life with all the violent crimes everywhere. If we have one murder here, it's a big deal. Will be front page news for weeks.
People are whiney about the stress of living here but they are so divided.
You don't need to walk on eggshells all the time ... well I have been told by Singaporeans to feck off back to where I came from a few times though. But I think that's just me.

I am sure when I move North, it will be the same. It will be my badge of honour.
Very interesting. Thanks.

You apprehensive about moving to Malaysia at all (beyond the worries about shaking off your remaining ladies)?

You apprehensive about moving to Malaysia at all (beyond the worries about shaking off your remaining ladies)?

It's funny you mentioned it -- my BIL said the same thing a week ago when they were visiting.

I take it as a new adventure. The struggle, frustration etc of living in a 3rd world country -- esp coming from SG where everything works.

But Penang has some similarities to Singapore. Both were former British colonies. So the composition of the architecture etc is similar but fewer skyscrapers and more heritage in Penang. The vibe is like colonial SG or what SG was like in the 80s.

The other new opportunity in Penang I will be like 1 1/2hrs drive to the southern border of Thailand.
I can also take ferries to the island like Phuket from Penang -- or drive then ferry across.

My main worry is the food. It beats SG's hand down in terms of quality & authenticity ...and it's really cheap $1-2 bucks a meal. 😨 Seriously yummy.

Going to the gym 3 times a week won't be enough! That's my main concern. The food.

If you are interested in trains -- the subway system and the multi-coloured lines here, here's a video.

Its strength as a nation is its infrastructure. The subway systems are integrated with the bus system too. So you can jump on one system to another on the same ticket/price, their schedules are coordinated plus they tend to have transport hubs (for subways and bus interchanges) in the same location/building where its also a massive shopping centre.

Drone video of the city:

Last edited:
If you are interested in trains -- the subway system and the multi-coloured lines here, here's a video.

Its strength as a nation is its infrastructure. The subway systems are integrated with the bus system too. So you can jump on one system to another on the same ticket/price, their schedules are coordinated plus they tend to have transport hubs (for subways and bus interchanges) in the same location/building where its also a massive shopping centre.

Drone video of the city:

Thanks much! Trains and subways are a very amateur interest of mine.

Reactions: sglowrider
Thanks much! Trains and subways are a very amateur interest of mine.
The driverless trains started like 10-15 yrs ago. It used to freak the passengers out initially.
So they had old drivers sit in the drivers compartment basically doing nothing, reading a book or something.
Then eventually they removed the drivers compartment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT