ADVERTISEMENT

Make Canada Great Again

It’s pretty remarkable how much immigration politics have shifted in the past several years.
Yes and no. The narrative always was its good for countries economies. However, that is a bullshit. Almost all immigration is a net negative for developed nations, with large safety nets. And it’s especially bad for the working class people living in the country.

Yes and no. The narrative always was its good for countries economies. However, that is a bullshit. Almost all immigration is a net negative for developed nations, with large safety nets. And it’s especially bad for the working class people living in the country.

A country either has immigration or emigration. Which one you think is worse?

You just said immigration. I think we should have a lot of immigration.... But it should be done a much more deliberate and intentional manner. Not the free for all we have now.
Not that the past is predictive of the future in all cases, but our most productive citizens are probably descended from people who came over in a free for all. I only say that to suggest that when it comes to the value of a particular immigrant, we have to consider future generations, as well.

Not that the past is predictive of the future in all cases, but our most productive citizens are probably descended from people who came over in a free for all. I only say that to suggest that when it comes to the value of a particular immigrant, we have to consider future generations, as well.

Sure. My great grandfather came over in a mass migration. Through Ellis Island.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT