ADVERTISEMENT

Looks very much like it's going to be Shapiro.

This should go over great with the squad and all the dem Palestine supporters. LOLOLOL
Nope:
“I personally believe Benjamin Netanyahu is one of the worst leaders of all time,” Shapiro told reporters in January, months before Democratic Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer called for the Israeli leader to resign.

Nope:
“I personally believe Benjamin Netanyahu is one of the worst leaders of all time,” Shapiro told reporters in January, months before Democratic Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer called for the Israeli leader to resign.
There is a mass conscious and unconscious attempt by some Jews in polite company to shunt everything about Israel that makes them uncomfortable onto Netanyahu. They pretend that, if only Israel had a different Prime Minister, it could become a darling of liberal America. All those difficult issues, which require backbone and moral courage to defend and could make them unpopular or out of step, would disappear. This way, they manage to have it both ways.They're not anti-Israel, just anti-Netanyahu. They deeply want to defend Israel, but... Netanyahu. Well, Israel will eventually have a different prime Minister, and I'm gonna guarantee you: nothing will change.

There is a mass conscious and unconscious attempt by some Jews in polite company to shunt everything about Israel that makes them uncomfortable onto Netanyahu. They pretend that, if only Israel had a different Prime Minister, it could become a darling of liberal America. All those difficult issues, which require backbone and moral courage to defend and could make them unpopular or out of step, would disappear. This way, they manage to have it both ways.They're not anti-Israel, just anti-Netanyahu. They deeply want to defend Israel, but... Netanyahu. Well, Israel will eventually have a different prime Minister, and I'm gonna guarantee you: nothing will change.
The government is pretty unified behind the war effort up to now.

That said, on October 6, Israel seemed on the verge of civil war over Netanyahu and his judicial reforms.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

That said, on October 6, Israel seemed on the verge of civil war over Netanyahu and his judicial reforms.
Yes, most wanted the bum out. He’s as corrupt as Trump.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Yes, most wanted the bum out. He’s as corrupt as Trump.
Right.

So why are you using a quote from Shapiro about his dislike of Netanyahu as support for the notion that pro-Palestinian/anti-Israeli supporters in the US won't have a problem with him? Has Shapiro criticized Israel's prosecution of its war vs. Hamas?

Right.

So why are you using a quote from Shapiro about his dislike of Netanyahu as support for the notion that pro-Palestinian/anti-Israeli supporters in the US won't have a problem with him? Has Shapiro criticized Israel's prosecution of its war vs. Hamas?
Ultimately, any American who is a supporter of the Palestinians is certainly not going to want Trump to win. At least with Shapiro you have an intelligent measured individual.

Israel like a lot of Western countries is experiencing a slowing birth rate among their secular population. But the Orthodox and more religious sects are spawning like rabbits. It creates a real tension when a first world secular society comes face to face with an Orthodoxy that makes even my 12th Century Catholicism blush.

My understanding is the Supreme Court fight and Bibi’s coalition more broadly is a manifestation of a massive cultural divide. Bibi doesn’t necessarily support those in his right flank, but is doing what he needs to retain power. Similar to Macron in France.

In summation, parliamentary systems suck and we should thank our lucky stars for our two party system.

You should have added Outside Shooter
I wouldn't mind alienating progressives at all. Other than noting the reality of climate change and trying to take responsible action, and opposing Federal abortion bans, there's nothing else I can think of that they are pushing that I support (or have EVER supported) in the least. Pro-Palestine, pro men competing as women, pro spending money with no limits, anti-cop.... I could go on and on about what I find reprehensible about some of the leading progressives. AND I HAVE.

I wouldn't mind alienating progressives at all. Other than noting the reality of climate change and trying to take responsible action, and opposing Federal abortion bans, there's nothing else I can think of that they are pushing that I support (or have EVER supported) in the least. Pro-Palestine, pro men competing as women, pro spending money with no limits, anti-cop.... I could go on and on about what I find reprehensible about some of the leading progressives. AND I HAVE.

I think anti-cop is more of a false accusation that is leveled at progressives than an actual policy stance. The position is more along the lines of there should be repercussions for cops that cross the line and not using cops in situations that might be better served with a social worker or someone with a background more aligned to deal with an issue (ie realizing cops aren't always trained to be a swiss army knife for any problems that arise).

I'm not for men competing as women either but also not sure how they solve that issue fairly for everyone. Maybe let them compete with their biological gender?

I'm not for spending with no limit and wouldn't think most people are for that. I think one side wants to be able to provide assistance to those that need it, while the other side likes to provide tax cuts that generally are more beneficial to those who don't really need help (wealthy). Both sides are bad for the deficit.

Too many people think it is either or with Palestine and Israel. I think both sides have done inappropriate shit. Hamas being bad doesn't make Israel good or vice versa.

Last edited:
In summation, parliamentary systems suck and we should thank our lucky stars for our two party system.
Wrong GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

U
It would go against the Pub talking point that KH is a progressive through and through. In 2020 the Progressive lane was Bernie and Elizabeth Warren. Period. Then KH, JB, and Booker in the middle somewhere. I sensed Mayor Pete was judged right of them.

Not sure why progressives disliked KH, maybe just due to her prosecutor background. I admit that a couple of analytical methods for voting record do show her as a very progressive voter and her BLM rhetoric was awful and pandered to extremists.
Your last paragraph answered the first paragraph.

My vote is winnable if a Harris / Shapiro ticket tells the Marxists and Transanities and Hamasexuals that they no longer get a seat at the table. Has to be overt like McCain.
Kamala has been a Marxist party member, throughout her adult hood . Why would you allow her to totaly flip script in 14 days,
Odd, josh$ or not as political hostage running mate?

I'm not voting for her -- so I guess my opinion doesn't matter at all.

But, if that's true, it's disappointing. As I said some time ago, the country could use more people like Josh Shapiro in office.

Shapiro needs to keep his powder dry and look to lead the ticket in 28 or 32.

• Sad
Reactions: ChicagoFineForNow
Shapiro needs to keep his powder dry and look to lead the ticket in 28 or 32.
You can make that argument, yes. Historically, the Vice Presidency hasn't been the most reliable springboard to the presidency. Being a governor has been. So if Harris wins, it's not a great setup for him. If she loses, it's a setback for him.

But if this report is true, I don't get the impression it was Shapiro rejecting it, but Harris simply choosing Walz over him.

You can make that argument, yes. Historically, the Vice Presidency hasn't been the most reliable springboard to the presidency. Being a governor has been. So if Harris wins, it's not a great setup for him. If she loses, it's a setback for him.

But if this report is true, I don't get the impression it was Shapiro rejecting it, but Harris simply choosing Walz over him.
One can reasonably surmise two things are true:
  1. The woke anti-Israel crowd in the Party and voting base is very real and very influential. Sad.
  2. She didn’t pick Shapiro because he’s in it for himself and is too ambitious for his own career. Could literally set up for a Harris v Shapiro primary in 2028.

Reactions: All4You
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT