ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Cliff Moore transfering

Come

While Smith was unacceptably allowed to regularly jog down the floor and was quite often an absolute train wreck on offense, he was by far the best defensive player on the team not named Phinisee. Smith was consistently given the toughest assignment, guarding the opposing 3 or 4 (and sometimes the 2). Smith’s defense was one of the few brights spots on this team.
Smith and bright spot do not belong in the same sentence. He got lost on D all the time and flat out got beat a ton. He can’t finish. He’s lazy. The list is long with no bright spots to be found.

Reactions: justjames
A good move for him if he wanted a chance to play. We can go hard after Watford or Beverly.
If the speculation is Anderson, I think he should stay. He's been given zero opportunity, I'd rather see Race transfer … is basically a junior, can't stay healthy, and contributes nothing. Very little ceiling, he's just not Big 10 caliber … as most of our roster isn't, but his inability to contribute or improve stands out.
I don't like to see a freshman transfer. I would like to see Anderson spend the off season working on the areas he found challenging. I would give Forrester a better chance of playing by his junior year, but players can improve. I thought he could play for us when he was recruited and I hope he gives it another year to try.

While Smith was unacceptably allowed to regularly jog down the floor and was quite often an absolute train wreck on offense, he was by far the best defensive player on the team not named Phinisee. Smith was consistently given the toughest assignment, guarding the opposing 3 or 4 (and sometimes the 2). Smith’s defense was one of the few brights spots on this team.

Thank you. Someone else watches BOTH ends of the court.

Reactions: birnacct27
RP?? Outside of a better shooting %, what more could you ask of a freshman?

IMO, the kid is a stud. GREAT defender. His defense on Winston was a thing of beauty.

Didn't also have a good A/TO?
He is a quality guard but he has some work to do. I think he will progress nicely but comparing him the guards left in tourney...he wouldn’t start for any of the teams currently.

If the speculation is Anderson, I think he should stay. He's been given zero opportunity, I'd rather see Race transfer … is basically a junior, can't stay healthy, and contributes nothing. Very little ceiling, he's just not Big 10 caliber … as most of our roster isn't, but his inability to contribute or improve stands out.

Everything you said is wrong. Every single sentence.

A good move for him if he wanted a chance to play. We can go hard after Watford or Beverly.

I don't like to see a freshman transfer. I would like to see Anderson spend the off season working on the areas he found challenging. I would give Forrester a better chance of playing by his junior year, but players can improve. I thought he could play for us when he was recruited and I hope he gives it another year to try.
Anderson is simply not big ten level. It is best for both parties if he moves on.

Reactions: bsmitty08

WTF? “Can’t stay healthy”?? He was going full out in practice and got injured. It’s called effort bud. This is exactly the type of player you want on a team!

I think the question on Anderson is wether Archie likes him. Game awareness and it’s effect on his shooting could be just freshman stuff. I think if he does not show a significant jump next year, than maybe he is not a big ten level guy
I think Anderson has a shot if he decides to stay. He has athletic ability and is a good shooter. He needs to work on all the facets of the game as you said. But what freshman doesn't? Time will tell how this works out but I have not written him off yet.

CAM recruited long-armed athletic players[tall] for his packline d but at the expense of fast paced shooting guards. I expect him to rectify this soon.Our guards simply didn't get into face of most opponents' perimeter shooters. We need quicker guards who can also shoot the three.Find high IQ players that were very good at getting to the free throw line with a high percentage make.Brunk would make a good frontline player to go with both Davis's,Thompson,Forrester but again for only a year. IU needs to develop talent consistently so that CAM will have 2-3 seniors a year. This is why Virginia,Gonzaga,and a few others are being successful. They have upperclass development. Wisconsin has done it for years.

Wow, this will send @arcb102000 into a foaming lather. Don't buy the Green punch rumor as I noticed Romeo overly pumped on the bench when Green hit shots and as we know Romeo is pretty chill.

Guy, you are WAY BEHIND THE CURVE, as usual. This topic was discussed on Indy sports radio about 6 weeks ago. I am not in a foaming lather over it. In fact, it may well explain why your team fell apart mid-season. There were obvious problems with little/no explanation for the lack of chemistry. That lack destroyed your season.

I have more important things to concern myself about: like enjoying watching Purdue in the upcoming NCAA E8 game. Too bad your season crashed.

what's even more ridiculous is the thought that Romeo might be back.....Romeo is not coming back..I can't believe people still question this.
I remember the same comment with the same amount of certainty about Zeller, and he came back. This is the player's decision. The rest of us don't have any idea whether Romeo will come back or not - it's all a guess.

Everything you said is wrong. Every single sentence.
Really! I hope I'm wrong, but I see about 5 and 5 potential there, assuming he can manage to not go through your real junior season under concussion protocol still … maybe he's into heavy metal … let him follow that dream elsewhere

I remember the same comment with the same amount of certainty about Zeller, and he came back. This is the player's decision. The rest of us don't have any idea whether Romeo will come back or not - it's all a guess.
except Zeller wasn't projected to be a lottery pick numb nuts...and it's not a guess...if you are a projected lottery pick- you don't come back...is it that hard to understand?

except Zeller wasn't projected to be a lottery pick numb nuts...and it's not a guess...if you are a projected lottery pick- you don't come back...is it that hard to understand?

Wasn't Bridges at MSU projected to be a lottery pick when he returned for his Soph season?

Were you 100% wrong on Donovan being in Bloomington the day before Archie was hired?
I announced Archie was the hire the night before it was announced. Before any other site had it. You’re welcome.

Meanwhile you’ve been predicting the downfall of Duke and UK. How’s that working out for you?

I announced Archie was the hire the night before it was announced. Before any other site had it. You’re welcome.

Meanwhile you’ve been predicting the downfall of Duke and UK. How’s that working out for you?

Link please to where I said such a thing.

You said on Friday March 24th you were 100% that Billy Donovan was in Bloomington - that you waited until YOU WERE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SURE. Remember?

CDK at his finest . . .

Reactions: justjames

Actually, what I remember is that he was, and all through his sophomore year, pundits said his sophomore year damaged his draft stock.

Doubt Romeo goes in the lottery. I'm guessing late teens-20 range.

Yes he was, bonehead.

Actually, what I remember is that he was, and all through his sophomore year, pundits said his sophomore year damaged his draft stock.

I didn't remember Cody being mentioned in mocks in 2012, but thought I could be wrong.

So I did a search. Here's the results:

Mock #1

Mock #2

From what I found Cody wasn't in the lottery. He possibly could have been a 1st rounder, but who knows?

Guy, you are WAY BEHIND THE CURVE, as usual. This topic was discussed on Indy sports radio about 6 weeks ago. I am not in a foaming lather over it. In fact, it may well explain why your team fell apart mid-season. There were obvious problems with little/no explanation for the lack of chemistry. That lack destroyed your season.

I have more important things to concern myself about: like enjoying watching Purdue in the upcoming NCAA E8 game. Too bad your season crashed.

Your team is playing for the final four today and you are hanging out here. Enough said.

I've read several posters over the course of the season say Smith and Green should or might transfer. My opinion is they shouldn't. Even though next season looks bleak imo, these guys are more than likely going to be starters and will be upperclassmen. I would be totally shocked if either of these two leave.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
RP?? Outside of a better shooting %, what more could you ask of a freshman?

IMO, the kid is a stud. GREAT defender. His defense on Winston was a thing of beauty.

Didn't also have a good A/TO?
RP’s freshmen stats are almost identical to Yogi’s and is light years ahead of him defensively as a freshmen. He will be great for 4 years here.

damaged his draft stock? dude went #4 in the draft...lol..

so that means he would have been projected in the top 3 the year before and that is not the case at all with a quick google search.. quit romanticizing the past to fit your agenda

I think Anderson has a shot if he decides to stay. He has athletic ability and is a good shooter. He needs to work on all the facets of the game as you said. But what freshman doesn't? Time will tell how this works out but I have not written him off yet.
he is not a good shooter

Really! I hope I'm wrong, but I see about 5 and 5 potential there, assuming he can manage to not go through your real junior season under concussion protocol still … maybe he's into heavy metal … let him follow that dream elsewhere
man, you are becoming annoying as hell. are you loserbear or fauxpeagh with a new handle?

Wish him luck. Will never be physically strong enough to play in BIG I think. Not sure how he was in Rivals 150. Open spot to go after Brunk. Brunk averaged 7.5 points and only played 46% of the minutes. OSU had a transfer I saw also.

Who? Just kidding, Good luck Cliff.

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting. I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning. I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

LOL, yeah....your sources are connected.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT