ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like a more favorable big ten schedule next season

MI Rutgers and IL dont come here. That sucks for ticket holders. MI OSU IL MI state always the best other than PU. Rutgers has been fun to last few years. Wish it was Minny Nebraska and Penn State, but what can ya do.

MI Rutgers and IL dont come here. That sucks for ticket holders. MI OSU IL MI state always the best other than PU. Rutgers has been fun to last few years. Wish it was Minny Nebraska and Penn State, but what can ya do.
Also no Iowa, Northwestern, and MSU on the road. Games IU almost always loses. Especially lately.

Recently the B1G title goes through the top team with the easiest schedule , so why would you want to give up MN, Neb, and PSU at home for the teams you mentioned?

Do well in conference, get a higher seed and maybe get past the first weekend for once.

This schedule is kind of similar to Purdue’s trash schedule from last year.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Also no Iowa, Northwestern, and MSU on the road. Games IU almost always loses. Especially lately.

Recently the B1G title goes through the top team with the easiest schedule , so why would you want to give up MN, Neb, and PSU at home for the teams you mentioned?

Do well in conference, get a higher seed and maybe get past the first weekend for once.

This schedule is kind of similar to Purdue’s trash schedule from last year.
You kinda sound like a PU fan :). I want to play KU, UK, UNC, Baylor, Texas, and Uconn every year out of conference. I also want to play all the best B1G teams twice.

Not into playing shitty teams to get a better record and be misleading on who we really are. Need to be ready for the tourney, the only thing that matters. I would take 10-8 every year for 10 years if we went to one final 4, over winning the league every other year and never making it past the sweet 16.

Plus playing good teams is much more fun, I never am juiced for a home game against Minny....

I would take 10-8 every year for 10 years if we went to one final 4, over winning the league every other year and never making it past the sweet 16.
Interesting, and I’ve seen others post similar thoughts.

If over the next 10 years we win the Big 10 every other year, that says to me we are probably a 1 or 2 seed half the time. Not to mention that winning the Big 10 is winning something. I would prefer that over being a 10-8 team (9 seed ish, so probably not a top 25 team).

I understand the Sith view. Anything short of a final four and you haven’t accomplished anything, but I don’t agree with it.

Understand: IU may never go to another final four. Wouldn’t being a top 10 team and big ten champion every other year be a pretty significant improvement in our program?

You kinda sound like a PU fan :). I want to play KU, UK, UNC, Baylor, Texas, and Uconn every year out of conference. I also want to play all the best B1G teams twice.

Not into playing shitty teams to get a better record and be misleading on who we really are. Need to be ready for the tourney, the only thing that matters. I would take 10-8 every year for 10 years if we went to one final 4, over winning the league every other year and never making it past the sweet 16.

Plus playing good teams is much more fun, I never am juiced for a home game against Minny....
Why would you want to be 10-8 every year when we play 20 conference games?

Never? That's a long time! You should become a Purdue fan! We better make another F4 in my lifetime, and before the Alzheimers kicks in and I can enjoy it!
“May” never. And, every year is a new year with hope. I have no idea what the future holds. We “may” also win another couple of titles.

Not going to be a fan of that team.

At least we only have to play Iowas one time.

I would agree 100% if IU wasn’t a middling program.

Interesting, and I’ve seen others post similar thoughts.

If over the next 10 years we win the Big 10 every other year, that says to me we are probably a 1 or 2 seed half the time. Not to mention that winning the Big 10 is winning something. I would prefer that over being a 10-8 team (9 seed ish, so probably not a top 25 team).

I understand the Sith view. Anything short of a final four and you haven’t accomplished anything, but I don’t agree with it.

Understand: IU may never go to another final four. Wouldn’t being a top 10 team and big ten champion every other year be a pretty significant improvement in our program?
Prior to the 93-94 incoming class, every Hoosier who played out the string for coach Knight had at least one conference championship. That's a helluva run in and of itself.

Looks very promising other than the fact that we don't have an identified five starters or a bench that can score a single point in a big game. But it's way too early to draw conclusions

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT