ADVERTISEMENT

Look at it this way.

Vididiot

Senior
Sep 8, 2001
The teams that have beaten IU this year have a combined record of 24-1. OSU 6-0; Louisville 6-0; UM 7-0 and Maryland 5-1, and that one loss is to OSU. This does not count today's Maryland-Illinois or Louisville-Pitt games yet to be played. All of a sudden Rutgers looks vulnerable as does MSU, Illinois and PU. Not every future game is going to be a ball buster like Michigan. There is an outside shot at a bowl but IU will have to get some breaks.

Rutgers is going to be the final breaking point,
both for the season and any fan support they hope to retain.

If you can beat Rutgers, you'll show some life is still left in the locker room,
and then you still have a handful of winnable games left to go after beyond that.
It would suggest that 5-7, or an outside shot at 6-6, could still be on the table.

But if you lose, especially if it is convincingly, then the fans get even more toxic and apathetic,
the path to a bowl game goes from narrow to effectively non-existent, and you follow up with a trip to Penn State. Assuming that then goes the way, you'd expect, it would mean coming home devoid of absolutely all confidence or momentum to a likely empty stadium for Wisconsin, at which point they are staring a 2021 scenario in the face.

Illinois and Maryland going down to the wire … at Maryland.

IU is bad right now. There’s no sugar coating it.
He can't possibly go ofer the conference this year and survive. Can he?

That’s a really good question. Normally I would say no, but with that buyout I’m not sure. At most places, he would have been gone by now. But it would seem that he is running out of other people to blame.

Reactions: vesuvius13
That’s a really good question. Normally I would say no, but with that buyout I’m not sure. At most places, he would have been gone by now. But it would seem that he is running out of other people to blame.

IU will be the only team in the conference this season without a conference win. If that doesn’t tell you we don’t belong in the new Big10, don’t know what other evidence there is. Rinky Dink U. strikes again!

👎🏽💩💩

He might luck out and win another game or two down the stretch which possibly could give him another year but if he goes winless I don't see any way he keeps his job. I don't care what the buyout is.

He might luck out and win another game or two down the stretch which possibly could give him another year but if he goes winless I don't see any way he keeps his job. I don't care what the buyout is.

Do you think they actually have $20M available? They'll need to do some creative accounting to pull that off. I don't disagree that it should happen, but I just don't know if they would even be able to do it without it putting us in a real hole.

The teams that have beaten IU this year have a combined record of 24-1. OSU 6-0; Louisville 6-0; UM 7-0 and Maryland 5-1, and that one loss is to OSU. This does not count today's Maryland-Illinois or Louisville-Pitt games yet to be played. All of a sudden Rutgers looks vulnerable as does MSU, Illinois and PU. Not every future game is going to be a ball buster like Michigan. There is an outside shot at a bowl but IU will have to get some breaks.
Our two wins are against: (1) a FCS 0-6 Indiana State team that is getting crushed by everyone; and (2) a 1-6 bad MAC team in Akron, whose only win was a squeaker against Morgan State. And candidly, we should have lost to Akron.

Quite simply, we are a bad football team in all aspects. 2 years ago I said Tom Allen's future was going to be decided on his extensive transfer portal recruiting. It has not worked out at all.

What Allen and staff did to Sorsby and Tayven today was unacceptable. Just a complete mismanagement of the confidences of both QBs.

Do you think they actually have $20M available? They'll need to do some creative accounting to pull that off. I don't disagree that it should happen, but I just don't know if they would even be able to do it without it putting us in a real hole.
If a change is made this off-season I think it would almost certainly be based on a negotiated settlement, not a $20.8 million buyout

If a change is made this off-season I think it would almost certainly be based on a negotiated settlement, not a $20.8 million buyout
Allen is due the $20.8 M if he’s here or not and within the same time frame. Exception being if he’s hired by someone that salary will be deducted from the payments. So the $20.8 M is or at least should have been accounted for and doesn’t have to be available all at once.
The amount that has to be considered is the salary of the new coach (if hired) and I’m sure we can do better than Allen for a lot less than the $5mil he’s getting paid.

Nobody would bet me when Archie got fired. I think IU will pull the trigger. Can't have a lame duck coach going forward, no matter the financial situation.
I would have said no way he agrees to a settlement but he looks miserable right now and rightfully so. He might take a reduced buyout so that he doesn’t endure more of this death spiral. If he loses out, definitely could see him throwing in the towel if he could walk away with $10 mil

Why would Allen negotiate? If we fire him, he’s owed the money both parties agreed to.
I wouldn't want to live a year in Bloomington as a lame duck coach. If you think this year is bad, wait until our players hit the portal and it becomes impossible to bring in players to play for a coach that will be fired in a year. I don't care how much money tou make, it would be a miserable off season and recruiting period. Offer him $2 million per for the rest of his contract and call Urban Meyer.

I'm available to make this happen if Dolson needs help.

Our two wins are against: (1) a FCS 0-6 Indiana State team that is getting crushed by everyone; and (2) a 1-6 bad MAC team in Akron, whose only win was a squeaker against Morgan State. And candidly, we should have lost to Akron.

Quite simply, we are a bad football team in all aspects. 2 years ago I said Tom Allen's future was going to be decided on his extensive transfer portal recruiting. It has not worked out at all.

What Allen and staff did to Sorsby and Tayven today was unacceptable. Just a complete mismanagement of the confidences of both QBs.
IU took Akron too lightly and had a bad game. Except for a last second field goal, Illinois, which beat Maryland today, would have lost to a MAC team; and Stanford, which beat Colorado last night, lost to Sacramento State (worse than a MAC team). I'm not saying IU is a good team, just that with the caliber of teams they have lost to, I don't think we should assume they're as bad as the whiners on on this site say they are.

Dunno, why did Chryst negotiate his $20 million buyout down to $11 million (according to published reports). His contract with UW was just as binding as Allen’s is.
PC very much the exception, and there’s nothing to suggest Allen would follow suit. Did Chryst get it all up front?

Tom Allen leaves after this season and he is owned 20 million dollars. Tom Allen leaves after next season and is owed about seven and a half million dollars. He's not going anywhere this year. The only people that are going to be leaving this year are the players

Last edited:
IU will be the only team in the conference this season without a conference win. If that doesn’t tell you we don’t belong in the new Big10, don’t know what other evidence there is. Rinky Dink U. strikes again!

👎🏽💩💩
So if your wierd fantasy comes true and IU gets thrown out of the B10, will you quit posting on all IU boards?
IU took Akron too lightly and had a bad game. Except for a last second field goal, Illinois, which beat Maryland today, would have lost to a MAC team; and Stanford, which beat Colorado last night, lost to Sacramento State (worse than a MAC team). I'm not saying IU is a good team, just that with the caliber of teams they have lost to, I don't think we should assume they're as bad as the whiners on on this site say they are.
How many home games do you go to each year?

A bowl? Come on. I thought you were going to say "at least if a Big Ten team goes undefeated it helps the whole conference"

A bowl? Maybe IU can play a high school all-star team in a prospects bowl each year. Put it on TV, people would love it.

This team is every bit as bad as a Bill Lynch team, with an incredible amount of disorganization on repeat basis. That is all Allen. We have won 8 games in 2 and 1/2 seasons. And while there is some talent, that talent is swallowed up by Allen's constant changes and babblespeak

This team is every bit as bad as a Bill Lynch team, with an incredible amount of disorganization on repeat basis. That is all Allen. We have won 8 games in 2 and 1/2 seasons. And while there is some talent, that talent is swallowed up by Allen's constant changes and babblespeak
This is, unfortunately, the sad reality of our program. And even if TA remains as coach following the season, we should expect significant roster and staff turnover, yet again.

We have a leadership issue and, while not dismissive of the financial impact of addressing it this year, it’s impossible to justify his retention while simultaneously telling ticket holders, fans, donors, students and alumni that you want a sustainably winning program. Retaining him would be viewed as willful negligence, and that label didn’t serve his predecessor well at all (something he knows).

That we have poor choices in front of us due to poor leadership is no reason to not make and act on the best long decision for the program. Dolson already did this with Archie Miller, cleaning up the mess left him. He has a partial hand in this one, and it only becomes worse if he chooses to not take action.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT