ADVERTISEMENT

LOL Kansas avoids any major penalties

Of course.

What's the running joke? Chicago State should probably be worried, they're about to get hammered for this!
2HhqTQX.jpg

Slimey Bill Self is a freaking rules-breaking ninja! Same boat as Calipari, Pitino, and K. Ninjas, I tell ya!

Thing is, the NCAA ruled the kid eligible...

TWICE.

Then goes, "Our bad---not really."

Only bad that comes from this is, UK retakes the All-Time wins lead.

They don’t punish the big time programs , because they are their big money makers . If it would have been a mid major program they would have thrown the book at them . The only reason we got punished was because we self reported . If we would have stonewalled like KY and Kansas nothing would have happened to us . Just shows being honest with the ncaa doesn’t pay !!!!

No one should be surprised. The NCAA is a toothless tiger now. I'm not even sure what their primary purpose is nowadays. Traffic cop? Writing parking tickets? Getting a paycheck from the conferences?
bingo

No one should be surprised. The NCAA is a toothless tiger now. I'm not even sure what their primary purpose is nowadays. Traffic cop? Writing parking tickets? Getting a paycheck from the conferences?
I dont care for the NCAA AS much as the next guy, but.......College sports would not survive without them(NCAA). NCAA gives back roughly 70%---or aorund $700 million to schools. That money is THE main reason non-revenue sports can even exist. Not to mention legal protection, inusrance, venues for respective tournaments, etc, etc,,,, DIV 2 and 3 would fold without this money. Roughly $160 mill goes to schools for scholarships, grants and so on.

They suck in governing...but they are needed, and provide the platform for college sports.

Reactions: IUgradman
Kansas skates on 5 level 1 infractions..
UNC uses loop hole to create fake classes for athletes.
UK hires coach whos had 2 FF's vacated

IU still reeling from AT&T Gate.
It epitomizes the difference between amateur athletic departments (Indiana) and professionals. (Kansas, UNC, Ohio State, Kentucky) . By amateur I don't mean in the 'true college amateur student athletes" sense.

The big boys know how to lawyer-up and play hardball. Indiana accepts their spanking meekly.

Not saying I like the dirty, hardball programs. But in today's world, they are the pros.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT