ADVERTISEMENT

Lock them up!

There are a lot of issues with out of network. One can Google it. If only there were some way of dealing with that issue.

There are a lot of issues with out of network. One can Google it. If only there were some way of dealing with that issue.
Start with making the provider responsible for the difference between in-network and out-of-network, since it's their call.

Start with making the provider responsible for the difference between in-network and out-of-network, since it's their call.

Not always though. Have an accident near an out of network hospital.

Or my wife's doctor wanted a test for her thyroid cancer. The test is covered by our insurance, bit only one company in the country does it and it is out of network.

Reactions: largemouth
I experienced something like that recently.

About a month ago, my wife was complaining about a severe headache. In situations like that, she would normally go to an emergency health care shop, and insurance would take care of such situations w/o any trouble. On that particular day, the place was closed. So, I took her to a nearby hospital, which we have never used before.

We were there for about an hour, during which time they did a few tests and told her that there was nothing unusual, and told her to take an aspirin or two. We went home and she took aspirin before bed. She was fine the next day.

A few days later, we got a bill from the hospital for a total of $4000+!

Insurance took care of most of it, leaving us $1000+! We are still trying to figure out what the hell is going on!

Is the medical industry a scam?

Reactions: Bill4411
I experienced something like that recently.

About a month ago, my wife was complaining about a severe headache. In situations like that, she would normally go to an emergency health care shop, and insurance would take care of such situations w/o any trouble. On that particular day, the place was closed. So, I took her to a nearby hospital, which we have never used before.

We were there for about an hour, during which time they did a few tests and told her that there was nothing unusual, and told her to take an aspirin or two. We went home and she took aspirin before bed. She was fine the next day.

A few days later, we got a bill from the hospital for a total of $4000+!

Insurance took care of most of it, leaving us $1000+! We are still trying to figure out what the hell is going on!

Is the medical industry a scam?
It certainly discourages you from wanting to go there. I’d talk to the hospital and see if they would adjust the bill just for good will given they got most of their charge from your insurance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT