ADVERTISEMENT

LLWS

Stuffshot

Hall of Famer
Feb 20, 2008
I'm a casual watcher of the Little League World Series, so it always surprises how much it looks like MLB.

For example, I saw a team turn a 5-4-3 double play with no hesitation and later saw an outfielder decide not to throw to home plate (because it would have been too late) but instead throw to second to peg a lackadaisical baserunner who had run too far toward third base.

Good baseball is good baseball.

LLWS has become my favorite baseball to watch. It's life or death with those kids.

OK, "kids" includes 12-year-olds who are 5-9 or 5-10 and 160+ lbs., right?

Maybe 200 ft. outfield fences are a little too short.
Are you watching this kid on the mound from Hawaii? His pitches trail smoke.

I'm a casual watcher of the Little League World Series, so it always surprises how much it looks like MLB.

For example, I saw a team turn a 5-4-3 double play with no hesitation and later saw an outfielder decide not to throw to home plate (because it would have been too late) but instead throw to second to peg a lackadaisical baserunner who had run too far toward third base.

Good baseball is good baseball.
Very true, and it is pure enthusiasm with these kids.

You should watch the kids and their parents. It's the purest form of baseball that there is today.
I'm if the same view. I grew up playing and went to hundreds of travel games with my boys.

I watch more baseball over the next week tuning into the LLWS than the entire MLB regular season. The games go fast, well played, and the facility is gorgeous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT