ADVERTISEMENT

Live chat for IUWBB vs. Iowa 2pm 2-26

I might be wrong but missing the free throw on purpose wouldn’t have mattered because they would have called timeout and got ball at half court anyways. Timeout rule is like NBA

I might be wrong but missing the free throw on purpose wouldn’t have mattered because they would have called timeout and got ball at half court anyways. Timeout rule is like NBA
Depends on how much time goes by during rebound of missed free throw

Not a travel

Poor def on last possession
Should have fouled

She’s gonna get beat up in ncaa tournament

Girls aren’t very nice
No coach wants to foul when only up by 2. Just better defense to make the shot harder is the only option.

Reactions: BayernFan
Why did they get the ball at half court? That was the killer.

Reactions: kkott
Would that have made a difference?
Unless Iowa would have panicked, they are screaming time out as soon as the ball is touched.
It is then moved to where they inbounded it.
IMO, a STUPID rule but it worked for Iowa.
They had no more timeouts.

Stupid rule from NBA, never understood why there are different rules in the women's games in college than men's. I'm not sure of all of rules, I get the smaller ball and any others if its due to physical size difference of the players. On the obverse men's college is only basketball played in halves not quarters. Back a ways there was no 10 second line in women's which didn't make sense. I get why NBA does the advance on a TO but doesn't need to be in college. I have thought for a long time as well there should be a rule in the last minute so you can't just foul people to keep them from shooting a 3, make a common foul 3 shots in the last 30 seconds or whatever similar to clock run off or use a TO in football so they don't fake injuries at the very end.

Reactions: kkott
Stupid rule from NBA, never understood why there are different rules in the women's games in college than men's. I'm not sure of all of rules, I get the smaller ball and any others if its due to physical size difference of the players. On the obverse men's college is only basketball played in halves not quarters. Back a ways there was no 10 second line in women's which didn't make sense. I get why NBA does the advance on a TO but doesn't need to be in college. I have thought for a long time as well there should be a rule in the last minute so you can't just foul people to keep them from shooting a 3, make a common foul 3 shots in the last 30 seconds or whatever similar to clock run off or use a TO in football so they don't fake injuries at the very end.
I heard Bilas argue that men's game should move to quarters because it's the only one played in halves. I hate the advancing the ball to half court. No reason why a timeout should buy you 50' of court in that instance.

Reactions: DANC
They had no more timeouts.
I think they did. I was traveling when the game was on and watched it in fast forward which sometimes makes me lose details, but I thought they inbounded and called a timeout and that's how it advanced to half court, no? I wanted to go back and watch that ending too.

Something I'd love to hear Moren explain is why she doesn't put players on the lane on FTs. If she pulls them there, they get a free run at at shot, but with only 1.5 seconds, a contested rebound takes away even more time and if it gets tipped, that's the game. Seems like I heard an announcer say she does that because she feels like you so rarely get the rebound and are more likely to pick up a foul, but if you do get the rebound, or in this case even contest it, it's a huge payoff. Not sure I think that's a good strategy. Love to hear her explain.

Last edited:
I heard Bilas argue that men's game should move to quarters because it's the only one played in halves. I hate the advancing the ball to half court. No reason why a timeout should buy you 50' of court in that instance.
I agree on the quarters, the only real difference it makes is in the fouls and shooting FT's and TV timeouts I suppose as well a bit .

The advance in the pros while still kind of strange I can see a little more from an entertainment point for fans to put drama in the very end of games.

Under no circumstances can Clarke touch the ball there. None.
Easier said than done. She has a gear few women have. And then our best perimeter defender slips while guarding her. The only way to be sure she doesn't get the ball is to foul and that obviously isn't good there, although also better than what happened!

Just a great game. I expected Moren would play it like a regular game and not sit her starters, but I think they still had it in the back of their mind they didn't need to win. Lots of sloppy plays and plays I've seen them make all year. Thought this was one of Parrish's better games and Garzon and Scalia missed 3s they have normally made. Also a tip of the cap to Iowa's other players. They showed up and made plays they didn't in Bloomington. Great game and great season and now as a coach you have a teaching moment about why every possession, and every FT is important. Congrats Ladies I'm looking for big things in the tourney from this group.

Last edited:
Easier said than done. She has a gear few women have. And then our best perimeter defender slips while guarding her. The only way to be sure she doesn't get the ball is to foul and that obviously isn't good there, although also better than what happened!

Just a great game. I expected Moren would play it like a regular game and not sit her starters, but I think they still had it in the back of their mind they didn't need to win. Lots of sloppy plays and plays I've seen them make all year. Thought this was one of Parrish's better games and Garzon and Scalia missed 3s they have normally made. Also a tip of the cap to Iowa's other players. They showed up and made plays they didn't in Bloomington. Great game and great season and now as a coach you have a teaching moment about why every possession, and every FT is important. Congrats Ladies I'm looking for big things in the tourney from this group.
It was a great game with a crazy ending and I agree there is no way they played with the desperation that Iowa needed to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT