ADVERTISEMENT

LEO!

If you want to argue the guy's a shitty coach, have at it. I don't believe that, but certainly he's open to criticism after a season like this. But now you're shamefully attacking his character, suggesting his faith isn't real and that he's simply greedy.

I think we've identified the real problem here. Envy.

Allen's made charitable contributions in amounts that are probably more than you'll make in your lifetime. Don't be jealous.

Tom Allen's a good man. You should try it sometime.
Maybe you should take your own advice. Greedy? Getting however many millions to be a crappy football coach?I'd say greedy. If he had the massive integrity you proclaim he could sure take a pay cut or give money back. You don't know anything about me and I haven't been on TV talking this crap like he has so cool your jets there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sophie1970
Yes. This season sucks, but the last two years were the best back-to-back seasons since the Mallory era.

Also, I don't understand the logic that somehow last year doesn't count because it was a Covid year. Why was Covid a benefit for us but a detriment to the teams we played - - and beat? The argument that last season doesn't matter is utterly ridiculous, and just an inane talking point for the detractors.

If Allen doesn't hire a new OC and OL coach and we have another shitshow of a season, I'll be calling for a head coaching change just like many others. I've never viewed him as beyond criticism. I questioned the wisdom of the Sheridan hire from the get-go, which is reflected in an old thread that someone else resurrected yesterday.

Coaching is one thing. Character is another. Allen's clearly a man of character, and the other poster's comments were beyond the pale - - not surprising, though, considering the source.
We dont agree on much...but we sure as hell agree on this. Good Lord! Is this the Twilight Zone?

I recall "Play Hard" on the ass of the practice shorts, don't recall "Family". Sounds like more of an Izzo thing than a Keady thing. But, you may me correct...I'm not sure"
I know that Isaac Haas played that way, but he lied to several coeds on campus and ruined their lives.

Maybe you should take your own advice. Greedy? Getting however many millions to be a crappy football coach?I'd say greedy. If he had the massive integrity you proclaim he could sure take a pay cut or give money back. You don't know anything about me and I haven't been on TV talking this crap like he has so cool your jets there.
Give money back? To his employer? Get real, fish. Do you return a portion of your salary to your employer after you've had a bad year? If that were the case you'd probably be writing them a check every December 31st.

As I said before, he's been generous with his considerable financial resources. As for you, your vapid posts on the Cooler tell me all I need to know.

Give money back? To his employer? Get real, fish. Do you return a portion of your salary to your employer after you've had a bad year? If that were the case you'd probably be writing them a check every December 31st.

As I said before, he's been generous with his considerable financial resources. As for you, your vapid posts on the Cooler tell me all I need to know.
Likewise a**hat. Vapid should be your motto. I actually charge for my work after completed and don't f*ck things up for millions a yr or whatever pittance your capacity has for salary. Do some self reflection before you post again . I don't care how '' generous'' he is if it's not earned. If someone robbed a bank and gave a lot away would you also say that was OK and they shouldn't be arrested? You want to take the discussion to that point?

Last edited:
If this is turning into a discussion about Christianity I certainly hope Tom Allen is donating at least a couple million dollars a year to charity.

Steve Alford gave money back to UCLA.

Reactions: Crayfish57
LEO in and of itself isn’t the problem but maybe the application of it when things go bad is. It’s supposed to be about accountability and there is none from the top down.

I think it’s the fact a cheesy catch phrase is used at all…

Reactions: Crayfish57
Steve Alford gave money back to UCLA.
Alford accepted the UCLA job three days after he signed a 10 year extension at New Mexico. He "returned" a one-year contract extension after UCLA completed just its fourth losing season since 1948 and planes were flying over campus with banners reading, "March Madness is not firing Alford!" The revocation of the contract extension strikes me as more of a survival move than anything else.

Despite 5-star recruits and Top 10 recruiting classes, his teams with one of the most storied programs in NCAA basketball history (this doesn't sound too much like Indiana football) fell short of the mark and he was fired a few years later. He left with $4.4 million in his pocket (remaining salary and buyout).

Reactions: Baller23Boogie

Reminds me of “all gas,no brakes “ that motto Sarkisian sold us on. Slogans mean Jack s***

Last edited:
Reminds me of “all has , no brakes “ that Sarkisian sold us on Slogans mean Jack s***
Tip: It's usually a good idea to go back and check for typos and other mistakes before you hit "post reply." Posts that make sense are more impactful. Also, punctuation helps.

Was listening to the post-game radio. Ends his portion with LEO. What kind of fraud is this?
We had a straight on view of how the OL got blown up on the first play. It reminded me of the Jeff George days with the Colts after he had publicly criticized the line. On George's first pass play, the line let the DL run past them for a devastating sack.

The line came off the field Saturday after that first play and acted like nothing happened. All day, we were out hit, out ran and outplayed without much of a fight. My theory when I played was to avoid injury by hitting harder than the other guy. The one falling backwards or on the bottom of the pile is the one most likely to get hurt or feel pain.

I was afraid that our level of effort against how Rutgers played would get us hurt. I am going this Saturday with the purpose of seeing if they watched the game and were embarrassed by the effort. If so, I expect a better game. If not, we've lost the team and Purdue will be happy to take back the bucket.

We had a straight on view of how the OL got blown up on the first play. It reminded me of the Jeff George days with the Colts after he had publicly criticized the line. On George's first pass play, the line let the DL run past them for a devastating sack.

The line came off the field Saturday after that first play and acted like nothing happened. All day, we were out hit, out ran and outplayed without much of a fight. My theory when I played was to avoid injury by hitting harder than the other guy. The one falling backwards or on the bottom of the pile is the one most likely to get hurt or feel pain.

I was afraid that our level of effort against how Rutgers played would get us hurt. I am going this Saturday with the purpose of seeing if they watched the game and were embarrassed by the effort. If so, I expect a better game. If not, we've lost the team and Purdue will be happy to take back the bucket.
Virtually every play fell apart before the quarterback had taken two steps backwards. I would anything change this weekend or next? I’ll go with four turnovers and at least a 21 point loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT