ADVERTISEMENT

Last Letterman...

I misssed most of it.

Got home in time to catch him giving credit to his production team and played out by the Foo Fighters, Thought that was amazing. Understated as a grand finale but so so quality; Awesome/

Edit: Obviously not from tonight, but the best equivalent IMO:

Last edited:
It was very well done. Top to bottom. It was the kind of not-too-sentimental but not-too-over-the-top exit that Leno should have had. As long as Dave doesn't feel the need to come back 6 months from now, this will rank up there with Johnny for classy late night retirements.

Oh yeah, and since Warren Zevon filled in as band leader for Letterman for awhile, I think this is appropriate too:

It was very well done. Top to bottom. It was the kind of not-too-sentimental but not-too-over-the-top exit that Leno should have had. As long as Dave doesn't feel the need to come back 6 months from now, this will rank up there with Johnny for classy late night retirements.

No guests but a lot of look backs and the Top 10 made up for the lack of guests with Manning, Seinfeld, Bill Murray, Tina Fey, Chris Rock, Steve Martin, and others making the Top 10 jokes ... even though only a couple were funny (which is apropos).

Entertaining and brought back memories. Made me wish I hadn't completely abandoned the show for the past 5 years. I always preferred Dave to Jay, but the fam likes Jimmy.

Damn, I thought the final was tonight and set dvr for it before I left. Sure I can find it somewhere. I like Jimmy but Dave was my favorite. You can tell lots of his guests really enjoyed being with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT