ADVERTISEMENT

Langford-Kansas

So has anybody heard if visit is still on for this weekend?

I think people read too much in to that. I didn't take his Dad's comments to mean there was any chance they were cancelling, I thought he was just using that as an illustration that the decision is totally Romeo's and they'll honor it even if it's different than the timeline and plans they laid out.

I think people read too much in to that. I didn't take his Dad's comments to mean there was any chance they were cancelling, I thought he was just using that as an illustration that the decision is totally Romeo's and they'll honor it even if it's different than the timeline and plans they laid out.
Who wouldn't want to be feted around various campuses?

I'm not worried: How could they possibly top his visit to Bloomington? When that crowd began chanting his name, he HAD to be thinking: "I could be The Next Big Thing, here and they erect statues to honor their great players. I could be a statue, someday."
Rock, Chalk, choke on that, Jayhawk.

Kansas has very nice facilities and Self is a slimeball who will bend any and all rules to get a player.

Seriously? Anything to support this or is this just unbecoming sour grapes BS? Always thought the folks in Lawrence were more akin to those at IU rather than UNC, et al.
I don't know about Self and slime, but didn't I see something about the Langford's looking for a good academic environment? I realize RL is most likely one and done, but for later down the road for a diploma? If so, Kansas is a crappy academic school with a 93% acceptance rate and an average 2.0...there is that small thing in favor when it comes to the stature of a school.

Reactions: IUgradman
I don't know about Self and slime, but didn't I see something about the Langford's looking for a good academic environment? I realize RL is most likely one and done, but for later down the road for a diploma? If so, Kansas is a crappy academic school with a 93% acceptance rate and an average 2.0...there is that small thing in favor when it comes to the stature of a school.

IU academics are not what they used to be. IU is closer to Kansas than it is to most of the Big 10.

Current US New rankings:

Northwestern 11

Michigan 28

Wisconsin 46

Penn St 52

Illinois 52

Ohio St 54

Purdue 56

Maryland 61

Rutgers 69

Minnesota 69

Iowa 78

Michigan St 81

Indiana 90

Nebraska 124

Kansas 115

Never had an issue with Kansas fans. To me they've always been pretty classy. As far as Romeo goes...I would take every single visit. The more information you get the better you feel about final decision. The kids who only take a visit or two are the one's I worry about.

Really? Lawrence is a cool town and KU has a great campus.

If we get these kids it’s because they like Miller. It’s not like we’re talking about Terre Haute or Champaign. Lol

I dono man, I didn't get the guided tour or anything but I thought it was unattractive.

Phog Allen from the exterior is really unimpressive

Now it's just wait & see.(and hope he picks IU)

That's all we can do. With the low expectations set for this season, I feel like we will impress. Add in these two guys and the program will be right back atop the mix next season. So we wait.............

Kansas has pulled some shady dealings in the past. Clyde Lovellette was enrolled at IU, but then was gone and ended up at Kansas. I wonder what incentive was given to him by Phog Allen?

Kansas has pulled some shady dealings in the past. Clyde Lovellette was enrolled at IU, but then was gone and ended up at Kansas. I wonder what incentive was given to him by Phog Allen?

Don't know about any incentives but supposedly, Lovellette ran out in his back yard when he saw Phog's vehicle pull into the drive way. Phog allegedly hunted him down and more or less bundled him up into the car and took off to Lawrence.

McHoop

I am sure we can check the police records to confirm some of these allegations.

They've had some players have minor run ins with the law, so have we. So have a lot of college students.

You claimed Self is a slime ball who "bends the rules". That's another conversation entirely. A large portion of that drivel on the message board you linked to "happened" under Roy anyway.

Last edited:
They've had some players have minor run ins with the law, so have we. So have a lot of college students.

You claimed Self is a slime ball who "bends the rules". That's another conversation entirely. A large portion of that drivel on message board you linked to "happened" under Roy anyway.
And that sir, in and of itself, I find shocking. Shocking, I tell you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT